Solskjaer > retired
Saha > back from injury and scored
Ronaldo back from suspension in the next match
Rooney > Be back sooner than expected

HTH

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
A good 3-1 win last night and even though we were playing with 10 men for the 2nd half we still dominated for the most part and cold have scored a couple of more goals easily, a goos start to the campaign with 3 wins and a draw :D

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Arsenal looking good, but can they win the big games?

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Well we dont do to bad in the big games, the games we usually struggle in are against the mid table sides which is something we look like we have improved, but as always...games against Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool are when the challenge is at.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Arsenal beats Portsmouth despite playing with 10 men

GREAT FEELING: Arsenal’s Tomas Rosicky (left) celebrates with teammate Cesc Fabregas after scoring a goal against Portsmouth in the EPL on Sunday.

LONDON: Arsenal dominated Portsmouth even while playing with 10 men for most of the second half, winning 3-1 on Sunday in the English Premier League football.

Emmanuel Adebayor, Cesc Fabregas and Tomas Rosicky scored at Emirates Stadium to lift Arsenal to 10 points from four matches.

Arsenal played with 10 men after Philippe Senderos was sent off for a foul on Nwankwo Kanu in the 49th minute. Portsmouth was only able to register a 60th-minute goal by Kanu.

Portsmouth goalkeeper David James brought down striker Robin Van Persie in the area in the eighth minute. Adebayor then sent the penalty kick low to James’ right.

Fabregas made it 2-0 in the 35th with a turn and shot from a corner kick, but Arsenal was hit four minutes after halftime when Senderos was ejected for pulling back Kanu when the former Arsenal forward was running through the defense.

Portsmouth attacked its weakened opponent relentlessly but Rosicky increased Arsenal’s advantage in the 59th when he scored unmarked following a free kick on the left edge of the area.

Kanu got a goal back seconds after the restart, the ball flying into the net when it rebounded off his leg as he tried to control it with his back to goal.

Arsenal then kept possession, denying Portsmouth the chance to create too many opportunities.
Source: The Hindu

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fiszman's pledge welcomed by Arsenal fans

Arsenal's largest shareholder insists his commitment to the club is long-term

Les Roopanarine and agencies
Monday September 3, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

Danny Fiszman, Arsenal's largest shareholder, has moved to reassure members of the Arsenal Supporters' Trust (AST) about his long-term commitment to the club.

With talk of a potential takeover rife following David Dein's sale of his 14.58% stake in Arsenal to the Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov last week, Fiszman's 24.1% holding is likely to prove decisive should a struggle for boardroom control develop.

Fiszman was a party to the one-year lockdown agreement signed by Arsenal's directors in April in an attempt to rebuff the attentions of American tycoon Stan Kroenke, who owns 12.19% of the club through his company, Kroenke Sports Enterprises. However, doubts persist over whether the agreement - which expires in April 2008 - would be legally enforceable should a formal takeover bid materialise, prompting concern among fans anxious about Usmanov's intentions.
Source: The Guardian

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Wenger agrees three-year Arsenal deal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has finally agreed a three-year contract extension with the London club, according to reports.

The deal, which will keep Wenger at the Emirates Stadium until the summer of 2011, is set to be formally announced on Friday.

Wenger, 57, was out of contract at the end of the season, and there had been added uncertainty over his commitment to Arsenal following the controversial departure of former vice-chairman David Dein in April and the summer sale of Thierry Henry to Barcelona.

However, the French coach - who brought an unprecedented spell of success to the Gunners since his arrival a decade ago - is understood to have reached an agreement with the board to remain in charge.

Wenger had been keen to stress the continued speculation around what may happen in terms of a boardroom takeover would not distract him from the job of returning Arsenal to challenge for the top honours again.

It remains to be seen just what will develop with regards to the supposed interest of American billionaire Stan Kroenke and whether Dein, a close personal friend of Wenger, returns to the club down the line having recently linked up with Alisher Usmanov at the head of 'Red and White Holdings'.

Wenger said last month: 'It is true that is a gamble I take - but when I take a gamble at some stage, it is with people who are in charge.

'They tell me certain things, and I believe or believe not, then I say 'listen, I want to sign only one year'.

'It is down to me if I want a longer contract or not and there is a takeover, because I know from the moment I sign that it can happen.'

Despite all of the uncertainty and predictions of another unimpressive campaign, Arsenal have opened the new season in some style - qualifying for the group stages of the Champions League and are currently second in the Barclays Premier League table, unbeaten in four matches.

Wenger believes the recent comings and goings at the Emirates Stadium have actually helped the current squad grow stronger.

He said: 'Since the beginning of the season something has been happening in this team.

'They fight for each other, they have a great togetherness and love for the game.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...460716&cc=3436

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cesc: I Never Promised Madrid Anything
06/09/2007 10:20

Francesc Fabregas confirmed in an interview with Radio Marca that he held discussions with Real Madrid this summer. However, the young midfielder went on to say that he did not give the Merengues his word, instead opting to stay with Arsenal...

Indeed, he went so far as to take meetings with members of the Bernabeu hierarchy.

'Cesc' met with Pedrag Mijatovic, sporting director, and Ramon Calderon, club president, in July:

"We were speaking for a while, and it was going very well," said the 20 year old.

"They seem to be to be two very good, very sincere people. In truth, I'll always thank them for everything.

"They said what they needed to and, for better or for worse, I decided to stay with Arsenal."

Cesc realises that nothing is certain in football, but is so far pleased with the course that he has taken.

"We'll see how things are in the future, but for now I am one hundred percent happy with the decision that I made," he added.

Indeed, he went on to add that sometimes, these decisions cannot be taken lightly - and that lightning can sometimes strike twice.

He said, "I believe that there are certain opportunities in life, and sometimes it's necessary to grab them.

"But there are always possibilities. I'm still young. If I keep working hard - and have good luck with injuries - I have many years left.

"If I give my utmost, and continue to work, then these opportunities to come around once more."

Cesc, capped 17 times for Spain, closed by justifying his decision to stay, albeit not in the most explanatory of fashions.

"I decided to stay for my own reasons, and my family and I will live for the rest of our lives with the decision that I took. I don't know what will happen in the future.

"But I'm very happy with my decision. I don't feel I need to go back to it again after all that's happened, as we've all said what there is to say."

Cesc has been at Arsenal since 2003, when he signed on as a sixteen year old. He made his first team debut not long afterwards.

Ewan Macdonald
Source: Goal.com

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seems like the Club's Puzzel has begun to become more Fixed than Before.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ill tip tottenham 2 upset arsenal next week :p

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
No chanceeee Hanstaaa, we will beat them and it will be a 3-1 scoreline, well continue our good start to the season and keep proving people wrong as alot were saying we wont go anywhere without Henry, i love being the underdog.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Arsenal will finish 4th this yr behind obviously ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea :p

D

D0ggyStylz

Berbatov will run riot against Arsenal. I expect him to bag at least 2.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Berbatov will run riot against Arsenal. I expect him to bag at least 2.
Once again, all just hopes & not reality. It just won't happen. Although Berbatov might get one Solid goal and that would be It for Totteham. Though lets not forget, this is the North London Derby. All eyes on Emirates Stadium!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Arsenal will beat TottMAN nein-nil. Nein. Nil. ;)

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Same 'Ol Arsenal, Always Winning.

3-1. Cracker goals!

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Got home after the dogs game and this helped cheer me up a bit. Was a good game and all goals were great to watch especially Abedayor's second goal, bloody Henry like, great start to the year, keep it up boys.....Derby this saturday at home :D