Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bad news on mata.

he is staying at valencia.

looks like gervinho and jenkinson will be our only signings this year
I don't think so. Wenger said he wanted to bring in at least one CB and with the failed bids for Jagielka (13mil) and Mata (15-16mil), I think we'll still try our luck with the likes of Cahill and Samba again before the transfer window closes.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I have no faith in Wenger at all, he is all talk.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no faith in Wenger at all, he is all talk.
Join the ever growing club. This window was his last chance in my opinion.

The fans will force him out if he doesn't bring success this season.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm starting to lose faith in Wenger too. Maybe we should shift him to be a scout and have a manager that will actually buy the players :p

On a somewhat brighter note, Joel Campbell looks like he's back on our radar and if anyone watched him against Australia in the u20s international yesterday you wouldv'e seen a little preview into what he has to offer. Scored 2 goals and assisted the third as Costa Rico won 3-2

He could definately be a Chicharito for us if we were to sign him. Great poacher and also great over the deadball. Delivered some great corners (one of which lead to the winner) and he also has a good free kick on him.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I saw the highlights, he looks very promising but we need to address the obvious flaws first, FFFSSSSSSS Wenger, get off your a$$ and do something

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also the members open training day was a chance for everyone to see what the team photo would look like... Only for weather to force the photo to be postponed. Looks like two will be taken, one with Fabregas and one without him...

I saw the highlights, he looks very promising but we need to address the obvious flaws first, FFFSSSSSSS Wenger, get off your a$$ and do something
And if reports are true we will get him for 1mil... Could be one of Wenger's best business deals in a while, which isn't entirely a good thing...

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Joel Campbell can go **** himself. Unprofessional ****** didn't turn up to the first meeting with our officials.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Champions League qualifier draw will be around 8pm our time. Really hope we avoid Rubin Kazan. A trip to Russia would be extremely tough given our difficult Premier League start. Nasri, RVP and Wenger all have suspensions for this match aswell.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
the main rivals have all improved their squads except the gunners. Wenger is hoping for a hail mary of epic proportions lol.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be tough with second leg in Italy but alot better than a trip to Russia.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mertesacker YES
Oxlade-Chamberlain EH

Im alot more impressed with what i've seen from Joel Campbell as oppose to 'The Ox' but we shall see.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed the last friendly (first one this pre-season) but it could prove a costly loss in more ways than one thanks to this tackle...

[video=youtube;VYCJZIUVnnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VYCJZIUVnnQ[/video]

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our three thinnest positions (depth wise)...

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL what do you know, not buying a left back and already in trouble.

I'm not even following our games in pre-season or the news. I'm fed up with being lied to and there being a lack of initiative to fix long standing, dead obvious problems at the club.

I'm sick of the way the board and Wenger **** us fans around. And they have the nerve to raise season ticket prices while showing no signs that we are going to improve, because they know there's a long line for season tickets and prawn sandwich eating twats will snap them up and keep their funds rolling in without having to push for considerable success.

My family have supported this club for at least 4 generations and while we've been through some tough patches, it's a disgrace that we limit ourselves now because of greed and ignorance.

I've said it before, if success doesn't come, the fans WILL force Wenger out, maybe it will be warranted, maybe Wenger will be the scapegoat for the greed of the board, but something will eventually snap, it took another big step in that direction last season.

This window was Wenger's opportunity to do something, he has done very little, in fact we're probably weaker or even on last years team.

It's not just that, but he doesn't look like changing his tactics and approaches and that's as much to blame for our lack of success in my opinion.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^
Couldn't agree more. I can't say im more than a 1st generation Arsenal fan, but our frustration is the same nonetheless.