Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As usual... Tottenham will be our biggest Rival for the 92nd Year In-A-Row...

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Yeh, Also cant wait to play Man Utd as they couldnt beat us last year and i love giving it to my bro, we need to get off to a good start and hope that injuries that hit us hard this year, the loss of Henry is huge but we do have a good strong squad that can be a surprise, cmon ARSENAL!!!

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here are our matches with the Manure United...
Nov. '07
Sat. 3 12:45 UK Arsenal v Man Utd-Emirates Stadium
Apr. '08
Sat. 12 15:00 UK Man Utd v Arsenal-Old Trafford

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Cant wait for those clashes but cant wait for the year to kick off, its a new start for Arsenal without Henry but it looks like we have a bright future ;)

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'll have a Bright future aslong as we can keep our Best for the Next Three Seasons by then we'll become a Serious Threat once again.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
Walcott shines for Gunners in easy win

Robin van Persie and the impressive Theo Walcott scored as Arsenal recorded an easy 3-0 win over Turkish side Genclerbirligi in Austria.

The game in Bad Waltersdorf saw first run-outs for new signings Bacary Sagna and Eduardo da Silva.

But it was their more established young team-mates who caught the eye, and in particular the 18-year-old England forward.

Walcott laid on van Persie's opener in first-half injury-time with a fantastic pass and shortly after the interval scored himself after build-up play by Denilson and Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Togo international also created van Persie's second with 25 minutes

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Damn Vietroius, where the Hell do you get this Information??? I didn't even know we had a Freindly against a Turkish Side...

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wenger rules out further striker signings

Arsene Wenger maintains Arsenal are not about to sign Nicolas Anelka - or any other striker.

Anelka - now 28 and with Bolton - enjoyed a successful spell with the Gunners in helping fire them to the Premier League and FA Cup double in 1998 before joining Real Madrid for £22million a year later.

Wenger had been linked with a swoop for Anelka - who also had spells at Liverpool and Manchester City - following the departure of captain Thierry Henry to Barcelona.

However, with recent acquisition Eduardo da Silva now on board - the Brazil-born Croatian forward having made his debut against Turkish side Genclerbirligi in Austria last night - the Arsenal manager insists he is no longer in the market for an attacker.

Asked whether he was set to move for Anelka, Wenger replied: 'No. We have signed Eduardo. We do not collect strikers, we buy the strikers we need.

'This season, we also expect Nicklas Bendtner to step forward and show us some aspects of his talent,' Wenger told Arsenal TV Online.

Wenger, meanwhile, could be set to add South American teenagers Angel Di Maria and Pedro Silva to his squad, following impressive reports from scout Gilles Grimandi.

Arsenal's two-match tour is completed against Salzburg next Wednesday, before they host the Emirates Cup on July 28 and 29, ahead of the Amsterdam Tournament ahead and then the domestic campaign opener against Fulham on August 12.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Ljungberg completes transfer to West Ham United

Arsenal can confirm that Freddie Ljungberg has signed for West Ham United for an undisclosed fee.

Freddie (30) signed for Arsenal from Swedish side Halmstads in September 1998 and his Arsenal career was littered with honours and accolades. Winning two Premiership titles, three FA Cups and one Community Shield, Freddie became the first player for 40 years to score in consecutive FA Cup Finals by netting against Liverpool in 2001 and then Chelsea the following year.

Freddie was named Premiership Player of the Season in 2002 — a campaign in which he scored 17 goals from midfield, helping Arsenal to win the ‘double’.

Comfortable on either wing (although he played predominantly on the right), Freddie also played centrally, supporting the front line. Throughout his Arsenal career, Freddie was a major part of the Sweden national squad and is currently captain of his country.

On Freddie’s departure, Arsène Wenger said: “Freddie’s contribution to Arsenal Football Club was absolutely outstanding. His performances over the past nine seasons have been a major part of the Club’s successes during this time, especially in our 2002 ‘double’ year when he scored and created so many goals from midfield. Freddie is a winner and always gave absolutely everything when he played for this Club. He is an intelligent player and always combined this well with his fantastic fighting spirit. We thank Freddie for his contribution and wish him well for the future.”

Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Freddie for his fantastic contribution to the Club and wish him the best of luck during his time with West Ham United.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
good luck in the next season lol, No Henry no Arsenal lol. Watch the Red Devils dominate again, go u red thing :grinning:

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't believ this... First Henry & Now Ljundberg... What the hell is Going on with the Arsenal Management... I mean I'd rather nearly support Manure United Now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
falling apartt..

vieira loss awas huge. then henry, now ljuberg

nearly loss frabegas too.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fiszman on the move but says Arsenal stake is not for sale

Fiszman on the move but says Arsenal stake is not for sale
Tuesday July 24, 2007

Arsenal's largest shareholder, Danny Fiszman, last night distanced himself from suggestions that he will soon sell his stake in the club. Fiszman is currently in the process of relocating to the tax haven of Switzerland, leading to the widely held belief that he will listen to offers for his Arsenal shares, which are worth £107.25m. But the Gunners director yesterday sought to underline the terms of the "lock-down" agreement that was signed by a majority of shareholders by equity value.

"The board is a strong unit; we are the custodians of this club," Fiszman said. "In April, we entered into an agreement not to dispose of our interests for at least one year, with the intention of retaining our interests thereafter. In short, I have no intention of selling my shares in Arsenal for the foreseeable future. There are exciting times ahead with the team showing so much promise. We are energised by what the future holds. I hope now that my position is absolutely clear."
Fiszman's stake would be pivotal to the ambitions of both the club's former vice-chairman, David Dein, and the US billionaire Stan Kroenke. Fiszman holds 24.11% of Arsenal's equity, which would produce a majority stake when added to the 12.2% belonging to Kroenke and Dein's 14.6%.

That is likely to mean that Dein and Kroenke will test Fiszman's resolve with a formal offer further down the line, but sources close to the pair insist there are no plans for an imminent approach, which would certainly be rebuffed. What most disturbs Fiszman and his fellow shareholder-executives is that Kroenke may load up the club with more debt.

Manchester United's chief executive, David Gill, admitted this week that the club had abandoned plans to refinance the £660m debt the Glazer family raised in acquiring the club. That is down to rises in global interest rates, which have made debt more expensive.

The Gunners have about £300m of borrowings following the construction of the Emirates Stadium. Although their fixed-rate loans largely protect them from interest-rate rises, Fiszman does not believe there is room for new borrowings for the purposes of a takeover, which is how the Glazers effected their United buyout.

This has led to the stand-off between the old guard and the Dein-Kroenke camp, despite Kroenke's message that his own investments have not involved acquisition-based debt. Kroenke would have to persuade the board that a takeover would be in Arsenal's long-term interest. It is believed, though, that Kroenke may present the case for the club's sponsorship revenues being a growth area that he could better exploit.
Source: The Guardian

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man Arsenal really is Falling Apart... Screw the 2007/08 Season in my Opinion.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
French champions want Arsenal striker
Lyon are keen to sign Jose Antonio Reyes from Arsenal Football Club.
19:59 July, 21, 2007

The Spanish international is out of favour at the Emirates Stadium and spent last season on loan at Real Madrid, who are still hoping to secure a permanent move if they can agree a fee with the Gunners.

However, the Bernabeu giants could miss out on Reyes to French champions Lyon, who’s chairman Jean-Michel Aulas admits the 23-year-old former Sevilla ace is a definite option.

"I talked about him to Bernard Lacombe, who told me he is a good player," Aulas told L'Equipe. "Indeed, he could enter our list, but we have had no contact so far. We also have two or three other trails."

Story by Paul Meadows for FansFC

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I dont think Arsenal is falling apart, yes we have lost Henry and now Freddy (who imo was getting on and is a good time to leave) but we still have that good young batch of players put in with a few experienced heads and it will be ok, dont expect miracles but i dont think we will fall down the ladder that bad, a top 4 finish no doubt and i wouldnt be surprised if it was a lilttle higher then that.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
So happy Arsenal falling on its sword lol i think Man U have an even stronger team now. Next Season:

Champ Leag Qual
1st Man U
2nd Chelsea
3rd Liverpool
4th Everton

Uefa Cup
5th Portsmouth
6th Arsenal
7th Bolton

D

D0ggyStylz

I am thinking that Chelsea will be pushed back to 3rd and Liverpool will come in 2nd