Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
lehman
toure, gallas, eboue, serrendos
rosisky, frabegas, hleb, flamini, g. silva
v. persie, adebayor, reyes and wallcott

theres still alot of players there. obviously wont be a threat as much as 3/4 seasons ago

no vieira, no henry - two biggest loss

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very Soon no more Reyes... he's too keen in staying in Spain or moving to France now that he's helpd in the Madrid Title Triumph.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bendtner fires Arsenal to Emirates Cup win

Arsenal 2-1 Paris St Germain
Arsene Wenger's current Arsenal side are very much still a work in progress but there were a few glimpses against Paris St Germain on Saturday afternoon that life without Thierry Henry may not just be so bad.

MikeHewitt/GettyImages
Nicklas Bendtner shoots at goal against PSG

The Emirates Cup - which opened with a 2-1 win for the hosts - at least gives the Gunners boss further chance to tinker as he fine tunes preparations for the battles ahead over the coming nine months.

Goals from Mathieu Flamini and Niklas Bendtner were enough for the Gunners before Peguy Luyindula pulled a goal back.

Arsenal were outplayed for large spells at times during the first half, before snatching the lead in stoppage time through Flamini.

However, this was a team missing summer signing Eduardo da Silva, the Brazilian-born Croatian international awaiting the outcome of next week's appeal to the Home Office for a work permit.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Van Persie - We're young, so what? We can still win the title

By Richard Clarke

Robin van Persie argues that Arsenal’s doubters should look at the quality and spirit of their squad - not the age.

The Dutchman, 23 until next Monday, was one of the most experienced outfield players in Arsène Wenger’s side for the Emirates Cup at the weekend but still managed to score the all-important goal to win the tournament for the hosts.

Van Persie is well aware that other sides have spent more than his this summer and are therefore considered more likely title-winners. But, he argues, Arsenal’s youngsters can still be contenders.

“Chelsea and Manchester did a great job last year,” he said. “It's hard to fight with them but I know we can do it.

“Football is not about age. It's not about money. Football is about if you want to run for each other, if you want to fight for each other, if you want to really play some ball.

“Liverpool have spent lots of money, Chelsea have been doing that the last few years, I respect that. This is their way of winning things.

“But we can win things as well. We are young. So what? Age doesn't matter. It's about the way we play football and the way we like to play together.”

“If we win the title with this team that would be great. I really believe in my heart we can do it. I think the manager is thinking the same.

“I started pre-season on June 18 and I'm with these boys every day. I see their ability. Yes they are young and young people make mistakes but that doesn't really matter.”

source:arsenal.com

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Van Persie is begining to sound like MURINHHO ON THIS Issue of being too Overconfinedent. I my Opinion the Arsenal Team won't struggle to make the UEFA Cup but the UEFA Champions League certainly looks out of their Reach.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I like how people keep writing us off, yes it is an in experienced squad and they havnt spent alot of money but they can still be a danger as they do have a good squad and can cause trouble in this years season. I am fairly confident of a top 4 finish but if it were any higher i would be really surprised, keep writing us off, well see how it goes come the end of the season.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like how people keep writing us off, yes it is an in experienced squad and they havnt spent alot of money but they can still be a danger as they do have a good squad and can cause trouble in this years season. I am fairly confident of a top 4 finish but if it were any higher i would be really surprised, keep writing us off, well see how it goes come the end of the season.
We'll be a Good Side, No Doubt & our Young Side means that we'll be able to Run Rings around Older Players like Giggs.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
----------------Lehmann----------------
---Sagna---Gallas---Toure---Clichy---
-Eboue--Fabregas--Gilberto--Rosicky-
-----------------Eduardo-----------------
---------------van Persie----------------

2nd 11 -

-----------------Fabianski-----------------
--Hoyte--Senderos--Djourou--Traore--
--Walcott--Flamini--Diaby--Dennilson--
------------------Bendtner----------------
-----------------Adebayor----------------

Also there is Hleb to come back from injury, that is the predicted side and then the 2nd 11, not a bad squad.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
hleb to wing and eboube back to his defensive positiion on the wing

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still cut about Henry....

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
hleb to wing and eboube back to his defensive positiion on the wing
yeh thats what i would do but i really like the look of the bench with some strike there in Walcott, Diaby, big Abedayor etc.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
and i am really expecting big things from Diaby, i really like the look of him. Is big and strong and can be an intimidator for the gunners. He may not start to many games but i expect he will see some time from the bench and push for a spot in the near future, a player im looking forward to watching.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Team Combination is a Young One with alittle Experience in the Defence but to be Honest I don't expect A Massive Improvement from Last Year's Crash in 3 Competitions. I still am looking forward for the Team to make the UEFA Cup with Ease.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Im tipping a top 4 finish and a good run in the FA cup (final 2), u heard it here first lol

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
Abedayor is inconsistant. but anyone with such a name must be good

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
even though they may not be the most expeirenced group of players but they will eventually become strong contenders for the premiership...henry was a big lose but its a change we all have to accept

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Too true, it was going to happen one day but sooner then we really wanted it to happen, its time to move on. Yes we are young but there is a very strong side and in a couple of years will be a really strong force.

And Vitorious, Abedayor is a machine lol. He may not be consistent but he is strong and can be that big unit up front, is one of my fave players.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
6foot 4 inches. thats nearly as tall as peter crouch (6foot7).

btw vietorious lol

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
even though they may not be the most expeirenced group of players but they will eventually become strong contenders for the premiership...henry was a big lose but its a change we all have to accept
We'll definately Move On from Henry's Sudden Departure, 100% Certain but it will take some time for the Gunners to Get ready for a Season without the Departured Big Names.