• Bunnies 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think the roosters were that bad mate, they did cough up the ball and gave souths some penalties to get them back into the game after leading 12-0 but I felt the rabbits controlled the rest of the match and showed just how well they play the power game.

The difference with the Rabbits this year is they've been able to take their good regular season form into the finals, whereas in recent history despite being a solid team all year they've often folded under pressure.

The positive for us I believe is that stylistically we generally are able to negate their go forward through the middle and thats when their playmakers and backs lose the plot, make mistakes and fail to complete their plays.

If this happens we're a great chance of winning it. If they manage to hold their nerve and all other things being equal I think its hard to argue that our backline is as dangerous as theirs..

Either way it will be a classic GF, and I believe we have over-achieved already to be there so wont be so worried about the result, I just want to enjoy the game, win would be a massive bonus.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro, Roosters were shit, they gave them the game. Roosters made them look better than they are.

I hope they have a false sense of security.
I hope the media hype and the favorites tag goes to their heads

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Then Mbye pisses off straight back home to NQ and becomes a superstar half with the Cowboys
Nope thats not the way the story ends however i would take a gf win over anything atm!!! Im smashed off 6 red bulls and 1.5 crust pizzas and the party in belmore is just getting started

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope they do what they always do and choke on a bloody chocolate bunny rabbit

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths our bogey side? since when bud?

In fact we've won 6 of our last 10 games against them, including the last finals game in 2012.
In the finals game in 2012 Adam Reynolds was injured and had to leave the field then Souths fell apart but before that they were all over us. There was also a game that came down to the wire during the regular season were Barba was able to push their player over the side line in the dying minutes of the game, That was more luck than anything else since the Rabbitohs player was show boating on his way to the try line. It was only dumb luck that he chose to slide on his belly before the line and not race across it. Realistically we should have won only 4 out of our last 10 encounters with the rabbits.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Difference is Hodkinson wins games for teams unlike Kasiano. Inu is a terribly inconsistent and frustrating player.

How you're comparing Inu and Kasiano to Hodkinson is beyond me.
That wasn't his point. His point was saying that when someone even dares criticise Hodkinson you jump on their case straight away but you're free to bad mouth whoever you want because of your own opinion. Kasiano might need losing some weight but the guy creates a lot of chances for us. If you don't believe that go watch the 2012 highlights and some of the 2014 ones (when he wasn't injured).

You honestly need to respect other people's opinions if you want yours to be respected.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the finals game in 2012 Adam Reynolds was injured and had to leave the field then Souths fell apart but before that they were all over us. There was also a game that came down to the wire during the regular season were Barba was able to push their player over the side line in the dying minutes of the game, That was more luck than anything else since the Rabbitohs player was show boating on his way to the try line. It was only dumb luck that he chose to slide on his belly before the line and not race across it. Realistically we should have won only 4 out of our last 10 encounters with the rabbits.
Wait so that's how you're going to put it? Seems like you constantly forget how shit the refs are to us and how the Souffs get as much luck going for them as we do. Thats footy, in almost every contest we've had against them it's been an even match, which means "realistically" we've won 6/10.

It's irrelevant that Reynolds went off injured. We won that preliminary final 30-8, and that has nothing to do with their attack but rather their lack of defense.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We are a massive chance in the GF
Perrett - is no Inglis... but i wouldn't trade him for anyone else atm, he's gone to another level and is safe as.
Brown - whilst he can be bad, played well tonight, is rocks or diamonds like Lote
Morris - he inst 100% we all know that, but his defensive effort will go a long way to containing Walker
Lafai - he's a weapon and even though everyone will focus on the forwards, his battle with Kirisome will be massive
Thompson - my not be as electrifying or as fast as Johnston, but i tell you what he has more heart, determination and effort in defence.
Our 6 and 9 won't be settled until game day (well for us fans anyways) Reynolds was off at 9 tonight, however thats because he wasn't ready for it. If the worst happenes and he has to play hooker I'm sure Des will have him ready and he will offer us a very strong air of unpredictability, if markers want to be lazy he will take them on!
We all know what to expect from our forward pack, they'll try their guts out. Even though Finucane busted his arse tonight, lets all pray he has an error free game.
The bookies have us as massive outsiders and thats the way we like it !
Discipline and high completion rates destroy Souths, just look at Roosters stats on friday, there completion rate was abysmal, take into account that Inglis scored two soft tries imo Souths competed well but got lucky. WE ARE WELL IN THIS !

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wait so that's how you're going to put it? Seems like you constantly forget how shit the refs are to us and how the Souffs get as much luck going for them as we do. Thats footy, in almost every contest we've had against them it's been an even match, which means "realistically" we've won 6/10.

It's irrelevant that Reynolds went off injured. We won that preliminary final 30-8, and that has nothing to do with their attack but rather their lack of defense.
Firstly we only took ascendancy after Reynolds left the field in the 2012 Final so that makes it relevant and secondly in the regular season game if the Rabbitohs player wasn't showboating on his way to the try line Barba would not have stopped him from scoring and we would have lost that game and we would be 4/10. As far as the refs go if you chose to accuse the refs at playing favorites that is your prerogative.

RaaYzR

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't believe we made it this far. After struggling in the season and getting beat by the titans after leading 18 - 0 is a credit to the boys and Des. Just 80 minutes of football away. I refuse to lose to these doll bludging fks.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'll be lucky to find 10 people on ere that follow it as passionately as the NRL.
Well that wouldn't be surprising considering this is a team-specific forum for an NRL side. You moron.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just finished watching re-play- again what a brutal physical 80mins. Worried about Hodko, T Browne, Ennis for obvious reasons, am also missing the flash of attacking brilliance of Jmoz though he was more than solid tonight. How is the injury toll at Souff?

Malla

Reaction score
We are definitely wounded. I think for more than half the team it will be about rehab and recovery in order to ensure they are 100% come Sunday...

Ennis will play, however I think it will mean Mbye will need to be on the bench just as insurance which means someone has to miss out ie. Browne...

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's not get carried away Souths have always been our bogie side.
Maybe through the 50's and 60's!

PENRITH have been more of a bogey side than Souths in recent years. Quite frankly comes down to how healthy we are.mif we are close to healthy, we will give it a shake.

Be under no illusion, SOUTHS will HATE meeting us in the GF....we're the sort of team that will make them nervous....that will make them start thinking....and that my friend leads to pressure and feeling the weight of expectation....which can lead to a C H O K E.

The health of our troops is the determining factor here,no bogey to fear, quite frankly over the past 20 years we are their bogey side.

And to go back to 2012 Prelim, they were on top leading 8-4, 30secs after he came off JR bombed a certain try by hogging it, not long after we scored, and went up before half time....so what you are saying is they went from on top to capitulating in 10-15minutes of him going off?...please! We just started to get some ball after they had their share. If you remember, we dominated earlier in that match whilst A Reynolds was playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Enjoy the week , friday night is just a memory . The AFL showed that it doesnt matter who you are , if you dont bring your A game to the grand final - it will only end up in tears .
As the week rolls on , all the pressure will be on Souffs

Status
Not open for further replies.