• Bunnies 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jmoz is a myth and is not a strike centre at all. Did nothing for us all year. There is no attacking flair or skills to his game whatsover. He only has a left foot step that is so slow my nan can see it coming. Lafai is by far our main and strike centre at our club by a country mile.
lol 3 tries this year just wow

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And 3 last year lol
i hope loko comes out fully fit from the offseason.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jmoz is a myth and is not a strike centre at all. Did nothing for us all year. There is no attacking flair or skills to his game whatsover. He only has a left foot step that is so slow my nan can see it coming. Lafai is by far our main and strike centre at our club by a country mile.
Wait until fully fit, he is just lacking any quality ball and his fitness/knee health at the moment.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dedicate my 1000th post to the Mighty Bulldogs. What a season! Nobody saw us coming, we were the underdogs and we made it this far.

2015 is our year!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the DNA of the dogs...it is why I support them. Gotta play GF's to win them and we achieved that this year and our buys for next year look to be sensible. I get the sense we still have some major signings to unveil ...would love a haynes or Folou (X factor is the only component missing in the roster)

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I dedicate my 1000th post to the Mighty Bulldogs. What a season! Nobody saw us coming, we were the underdogs and we made it this far.

2015 is our year!
Agree.

Congrats on getting a mod spot by the way.

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wait until fully fit, he is just lacking any quality ball and his fitness/knee health at the moment.
His knee is hanging on by a thread bro. He's waiting on surgery to fix it. He'll be right and back to his best next season. Wait until we have his brother as well, it'll be unreal.

shindig

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nothing a new fullback , 2 new wingers , Foran at 6 , a healthy Hodgo , no T-Rex + Kasiano + Tolman , Lichaa and Josh sharing 9 won't fix.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For all the bashing of our back 3 got throughout the year, they more than held their own compared to the superstar Souths combo.
Our pack may have been shaded by Souths but they at least held their own......

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
We lost the GF but really Souths were the better team all year and went into the game without injured players. Winning big games is about skill and timing. If you can put two teams of equal skill on the field but one is healthier and fitter that one should win and that's what happened. It was not a superior kicking game, most of the Souths kicks were speculative mid field bombs that we handled. It was not better wingers or even a better fullback. GI for all his undoubted talents made only one big run.

In the end their fitness across the park was relentless. We made mistakes and they made almost none. On the day they deserved to win. That doesn't make us a worse team only that on the day we were not fit and healthy enough. There is no need for wholesale changes to our team. Clearly we play better when we have a quality dummy half as does any team (see Manly in the final against us) but in the GF our back 3 held their own. We need Lichaa to step up next year and all our other stars to be fit and we will be in the 2015 GF.

shindig

Waterboy
Reaction score
That doesn't make us a worse team only that on the day we were not fit and healthy enough.
The team is far worse than Souths team was. They were classier across the park. They have better speed , and stronger forwards. Yes the fitness helped them but they should have won that game comfortably and they did.

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
The team is far worse than Souths team was. They were classier across the park. They have better speed , and stronger forwards. Yes the fitness helped them but they should have won that game comfortably and they did.
Completely disagree. Canterbury dominated large portions of the game and had opportunities to put Souths away. Souths had the bounce of the ball all night, scoring two EXTREMELY lucky tries, as well as their first try from a forward pass. Canterbury had opportunities to take it but they were there own worst enemy.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Completely disagree. Canterbury dominated large portions of the game and had opportunities to put Souths away. Souths had the bounce of the ball all night, scoring two EXTREMELY lucky tries, as well as their first try from a forward pass. Canterbury had opportunities to take it but they were there own worst enemy.
Couldn't get out of our own way!
Unfortunately we played in the GF the same way we played much of the regular season.

No doubting the fight in the team, however our execution was way down on previous weeks.

Most will put that down to the toll taken on the team by 3 tough SF's. The other thing which is obvious is we lack that game breaker like B Stewart in the Semi v Manly....they were going no where, and he made something happen out of nothing.

Oh well, can only dream of what would have happened if the 50-50 calls which hadn't gone our way all night did!

Onward and upward!

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
Most will put that down to the toll taken on the team by 3 tough SF's. The other thing which is obvious is we lack that game breaker like B Stewart in the Semi v Manly....they were going no where, and he made something happen out of nothing.

Oh well, can only dream of what would have happened if the 50-50 calls which hadn't gone our way all night did!

Onward and upward!

Exactly right mate! I mean to be honest no matter how well we played I honestly think Souths would have always won, the way the media has been leading into and now in the aftermath of the grand final it is quite clear that the NRL only ever wanted one side to win.

But you're right in saying we lack that strike power. I hope Brett Morris can bring that to the table, given we were carrying injuries into Sunday and as you say it's always tough to win after 3 game of semi final football.

The only good that can come from it now is that maybe the league will stop feeling sorry for south Sydney and stop the bias because it is an absolute joke that they are the least penalised team in the competition!

shindig

Waterboy
Reaction score
So name a combined team out of the two teams and tell me they are not better.

Inglis
Johnson
Walker
Lafai
Tuquri
Reynolds
Reynolds
Sam Burgess
Jackson
Teo
Graham
Luke
George Burgess

Bench
Sutton
Eastwood
Tom Burgess
Finucanne

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
So name a combined team out of the two teams and tell me they are not better.

Inglis
Johnson
Walker
Lafai
Tuquri
Reynolds
Reynolds
Sam Burgess
Jackson
Teo
Graham
Luke
George Burgess

Bench
Sutton
Eastwood
Tom Burgess
Finucanne
There is no way Alex Johnson is better than Corey thompson and Dylan walker can't hold a candle to josh Morris. It had nothing to do with Souths having/being a better side. They didn't play that well, Canterbury played poorly. On paper maybe their side looks better but at their best Canterbury are a stronger side.

You're kidding if you think Isaac Luke is a better dummy half than Michael Ennis.

shindig

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is no way Alex Johnson is better than Corey thompson and Dylan walker can't hold a candle to josh Morris. It had nothing to do with Souths having/being a better side. They didn't play that well, Canterbury played poorly. On paper maybe their side looks better but at their best Canterbury are a stronger side.

You're kidding if you think Isaac Luke is a better dummy half than Michael Ennis.
Sorry you are right on Morris over Walker , I forgot Moz. I would have Moz and Walker in centres no Lafai.

Johnson kills Thompson unfortuantely , and there isnt a coach in the league who would pick Ennis over Luke. Hell Hasler took Lichaa over Ennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.