Opinion The Gould/Khoury/Warburton regime have combined all of our mistakes from the past decade, and repeated them in the present.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your continuously raving on about forwards then you completely shit on the idea of signing a rep player forward who is in some good form? Let it make sense. We’re never getting Haas. It’s just a pure lazy suggestion. Newcastle however have showed recently they are willing to shop and buy so Saifiti is a chance for us.
Saifiti with the Knights chipping in could be a good buy. Is it the good one they are looking to offload?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My feelings are that Gould has abit of a scattergun approach to juniors development but leaves no hunting ground unturned.

He is also good at finding ways to move players on without breaking the bank - which is a good thing.

It's up to the head coach though to pick the talent from the talent pool.

Not enough credit goes to Ivan Cleary who had to pick 17 players from a pool and set them in their best positions to them win B2B GF's and make 3GFs in a row. And they aren't finished yet.

The appointment of CC is questionable and his failure will reflect as failure on Gould also. But I'm not giving up on CC just yet..come mid next year though and if I see no improvement in the team, then I will turn badly on CC.

I feel Ben Hunt is the only saviour for him now with the persistence of Burton in the halves

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My feelings are that Gould has abit of a scattergun approach to juniors development but leaves no hunting ground unturned.

He is also good at finding ways to move players on without breaking the bank - which is a good thing.

It's up to the head coach though to pick the talent from the talent pool.

Not enough credit goes to Ivan Cleary who had to pick 17 players from a pool and set them in their best positions to them win B2B GF's and make 3GFs in a row. And they aren't finished yet.

The appointment of CC is questionable and his failure will reflect as failure on Gould also. But I'm not giving up on CC just yet..come mid next year though and if I see no improvement in the team, then I will turn badly on CC.

I feel Ben Hunt is the only saviour for him now with the persistence of Burton in the halves
IMO - Cleary got handed a golden handshake with his son and that squad. He deserves little to no credit at all. His on the bus signings at the tigers show what a poor judge of talent he is

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kennel threads hitting a new low….

Gus and co clearly state it’s not a quick fix - ultimate goal to build sustainable success - Cup & lower grades killing it, first box ticked - give them some f’king time
In fairness though, our cup team was pretty strong when we had some of the other muppets coaching and before Gould's arrival.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certain forwards are playing like hammered shit whilst others are struggling to contain the bigger packs from other teams. TPJ was given the challenge of being our enforcer but just hasn’t delivered. There’s still time and I’m hopeful he kills it today and for the rest of the season.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First things first - this isn’t a whinge thread, it’s a facts thread. So if anyone wants to refute, then refute away. Let’s hear it.

For me, the alarm bells started ringing as soon as we signed up Gould. An egotistical figure who’s happy to take full credit for any successes he’s been associated with, but notably disassociate from failures he’s been involved with, for which there’s been quite a few over the years.

The alarm bells continued to ring with just about every single key player and key staff appointment that he has delivered. Each one eerily similar in nature to the failed signings and key decisions in the past. Let me name a few;
- APPOINTMENT OF CLUB DICTATOR WITH ALMOST FULL CONTROL OVER KEY DECISIONS WITHIN THE FOOTBALL DEPT: Previously Hasler, now Gould.

- APPOINTMENT OF AN INEXPERIENCED/UNPROVEN HEAD COACH: We’ve gone from Pay (no previous first grade experience), to Barrett (unproven - failed at Manly with a great roster), to Ciraldo (no previous first grade experience). I feel the Ciraldo is potentially worst as we’ve been sucked in by an unproven Penrith assistant yet again, this time paying double the money for the pleasure

- OVERSPENDING ON FORWARDS AND OUTSIDE BACKS WITHOUT LOCKING DOWN KEY POSITIONS SUCH AS HALFBACK AND FULLBACK: think of the money we’ve pissed in the past on guys like Eastwood, Aaron Woods, Thompson, Nick Cotric, DWZ on huge money to name a few over the past few years. We’re repeating the dose now with signings of TPJ, Kikau, Addo Carr etc. Why is the money not going to the positions where we need it most!???

- SPENDING BIG ON WINGERS/CENTRES IN A BID TO MANUFACTURE A FULLBACK: Think DWZ, and now we’re doing the same with Steve Crichton!

I could rattle of many more examples of how we’re in the midst of replicating all of the past misdeeds over and over again right now. The facts that we are still not progressing (bottom of the ladder, worst for and worst against in the comp) just further fuels the fire that we’re fucked, and just shooting our selves in the foot time and time again.

I’m not buying Gusses bullshit about still being in essentially Year 1 of a 5 year rebuild. It’s bullshit. We should’ve seen obvious progress by now but we’ve gone nowhere, and if anything regressed further. I’m sick of reading all this blind faith from the fans put in Gus and Ciraldo. It’s getting sad

Let’s hear some arguments and evidence to the contrary, please!?
TLDR

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not reading any of that but Warburton and Khoury are resounding successes.
Yeh same cbf at all.
OP Suggested elsewhere we pay 1.5 mill for Johnson lol and now this novella critiquing our management.
Man your cooked, get someone to turn you over FMD..

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Saifiti with the Knights chipping in could be a good buy. Is it the good one they are looking to offload?
I’ve followed the Saifiti brothers their entire career as I know the family and my opinion is that they equal in ability. Both have good speed and get quick play the balls. Both played state of Origin and performed well. I’d be surprised if Newcastle let either of them go but would be stoked if we got one of them.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s like the Wild West on here uce but I got my first troll warning in over 10 years on here because some softcock reported me. I haven’t trolled anyone ever
Yeh Nate I hear ya, it gets a bit much some of the wack ideas/opinions hey.
Dont let it get you down brother we just call spades a shovel, f 'em :tearsofjoy:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve followed the Saifiti brothers their entire career as I know the family and my opinion is that they equal in ability. Both have good speed and get quick play the balls. Both played state of Origin and performed well. I’d be surprised if Newcastle let either of them go but would be stoked if we got one of them.
I think they are both big minute props who make metres. I always thought Daniel was the better player though TBH. Both would add to our pack though - upgrade on what we have

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with your thread bang on.
Huge concern is players should
Of been dropped from last week.

I rate Ado Carr and Morrin our juniour I think they are big ins.

If titans pump us ,kennel in melt down.
Let’s be positive fact officiating has killed us amd we need to better game manage.

Time our designated team leaders pulled their fingers out and all play for that jersey.

Bigkev05

Waterboy
Reaction score
If Dogs are 17th come Monday morning, I might come back to this thread and agree with you! Seriously, I have no problem with Gould, Warburton or Khoury because I really have no visibility of what they actually do, but I do have visibility of what CC does and it is time he took a stand. It appeared that this was what he was doing at the media conference after the Warrior's loss but it turns out he took one step forward and then 3 steps back. The squad is just not performing to their ability as a team and many players are not performing to their capabilities as individuals.
Unfortunately the squad is performing to their ability

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
RL is a results proven sport and at this stage most of the jury is still out with regards to Gould and CC. Time will tell. You certainly never hear (for right or wrong) Penrith attributing any of their success to Gould. Most do but I've never seen them acknowledge it.

CC is eerily similar yes to previous Coaches in no experience and from Penrith BUT everyone is different so gets his own chance. Team selections and bench use have been poor many times but hopefully that's just a rookie thing.

Wrong about Fox, he's worth every penny. Not many of our pennies have been spent well over the years but he's the bomb. And prior to coming to us I wasn't a Fox fan tbh. He's invaluable on and off the field.

Right about no money thrown towards key positions in #7 and #1. Crichton is unproven and on hope he can do it.

Agree this is not year 1 of a rebuild, this is year 6 I think.

Young player wise we seem to be doing well, not sure how many were around before Gould and therefor not his doing?

Yes I'm sick of every year someone saying, "Next year we will start to see improvements".

I didn't think we were Top 8 certainties; I do think we could compete around it (8 to 12th) BUT we are underachieving regardless of injuries and am not a fan of the attitude and lack of testicular fortitude within the team. When teams rough us up we just show our bellies and take it without lube. A little bit of "fuk you" would go a long way!