Opinion The Gould/Khoury/Warburton regime have combined all of our mistakes from the past decade, and repeated them in the present.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First things first - this isn’t a whinge thread, it’s a facts thread. So if anyone wants to refute, then refute away. Let’s hear it.

For me, the alarm bells started ringing as soon as we signed up Gould. An egotistical figure who’s happy to take full credit for any successes he’s been associated with, but notably disassociate from failures he’s been involved with, for which there’s been quite a few over the years.

The alarm bells continued to ring with just about every single key player and key staff appointment that he has delivered. Each one eerily similar in nature to the failed signings and key decisions in the past. Let me name a few;
- APPOINTMENT OF CLUB DICTATOR WITH ALMOST FULL CONTROL OVER KEY DECISIONS WITHIN THE FOOTBALL DEPT: Previously Hasler, now Gould.

- APPOINTMENT OF AN INEXPERIENCED/UNPROVEN HEAD COACH: We’ve gone from Pay (no previous first grade experience), to Barrett (unproven - failed at Manly with a great roster), to Ciraldo (no previous first grade experience). I feel the Ciraldo is potentially worst as we’ve been sucked in by an unproven Penrith assistant yet again, this time paying double the money for the pleasure

- OVERSPENDING ON FORWARDS AND OUTSIDE BACKS WITHOUT LOCKING DOWN KEY POSITIONS SUCH AS HALFBACK AND FULLBACK: think of the money we’ve pissed in the past on guys like Eastwood, Aaron Woods, Thompson, Nick Cotric, DWZ on huge money to name a few over the past few years. We’re repeating the dose now with signings of TPJ, Kikau, Addo Carr etc. Why is the money not going to the positions where we need it most!???

- SPENDING BIG ON WINGERS/CENTRES IN A BID TO MANUFACTURE A FULLBACK: Think DWZ, and now we’re doing the same with Steve Crichton!

I could rattle of many more examples of how we’re in the midst of replicating all of the past misdeeds over and over again right now. The facts that we are still not progressing (bottom of the ladder, worst for and worst against in the comp) just further fuels the fire that we’re fucked, and just shooting our selves in the foot time and time again.

I’m not buying Gusses bullshit about still being in essentially Year 1 of a 5 year rebuild. It’s bullshit. We should’ve seen obvious progress by now but we’ve gone nowhere, and if anything regressed further. I’m sick of reading all this blind faith from the fans put in Gus and Ciraldo. It’s getting sad

Let’s hear some arguments and evidence to the contrary, please!?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m agreeing with you partially.

however what I’ve seen this season has been one thing. Once we build confidence we are deadset unstoppable. E.g tigers 8 in a row losses and look at what confidence does to a team, secondly their team on paper especially the forward pack is better than ours… so you would expect them to be higher than us on the ladder.

Do we want success now? Hell yeah. Are we going to get it this season, hell no. Why? Because we have the youngest group of boys in the team and to expect a top 8 finish is a complete over achievement. What you need to understand is once we sort out the forward pack, no matter who’s behind it our team will flourish.

Till then we can’t blame anyone but ourselves due to the squad we have right now

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Dogs are 17th come Monday morning, I might come back to this thread and agree with you! Seriously, I have no problem with Gould, Warburton or Khoury because I really have no visibility of what they actually do, but I do have visibility of what CC does and it is time he took a stand. It appeared that this was what he was doing at the media conference after the Warrior's loss but it turns out he took one step forward and then 3 steps back. The squad is just not performing to their ability as a team and many players are not performing to their capabilities as individuals.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m agreeing with you partially.

however what I’ve seen this season has been one thing. Once we build confidence we are deadset unstoppable. E.g tigers 8 in a row losses and look at what confidence does to a team, secondly their team on paper especially the forward pack is better than ours… so you would expect them to be higher than us on the ladder.

Do we want success now? Hell yeah. Are we going to get it this season, hell no. Why? Because we have the youngest group of boys in the team and to expect a top 8 finish is a complete over achievement. What you need to understand is once we sort out the forward pack, no matter who’s behind it our team will flourish.

Till then we can’t blame anyone but ourselves due to the squad we have right now
We have a spine from 2024 that we can build around. Which is not something we even had during the Desdemort years.

2024 onwards is about building up the forward pack. Currently the majority of our forwards are rubbish/deadwood. You'd need a complete hard arse coach like Bellamy to fire up these dud forwards, even then they'd still lose the battle and let you down.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise that Warburton and Khoury's jobs are to solidify the financial stability of the club, and employ the best people to look after the playing / team side of things.... right?

That's why Gould is Director of Football.

Based on that, have a look at the sponsors the club has secured, because for the first time in a long time, the club actually has a wait list for companies wanting sponsor spots on our gear, INCLUDING training shirt sponsors and NSW Cup jersey sponsors.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is no one better than Gus. He's the best for the role he's filling at our club. Without him there would be little to no attraction for anyone to get involved with our club. He's our best signing we've made.

I agree we needed a quality experienced coach over a rookie but the only one available is Shane Flanagan who I would of signed to coach us but he's very you either love or hate the idea.

We need to spend even more on our forwards. We need to pay overs for a marquee middle. The best of the best. A Haas, or the next best thing. We're a marquee middle and quality experienced half away from being able to be competitive against anyone from next year onwards.

JAC is our only expensive outside back not including the spine. Critta will play fullback and JAC's been worth every penny here.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First things first - this isn’t a whinge thread, it’s a facts thread. So if anyone wants to refute, then refute away. Let’s hear it.

For me, the alarm bells started ringing as soon as we signed up Gould. An egotistical figure who’s happy to take full credit for any successes he’s been associated with, but notably disassociate from failures he’s been involved with, for which there’s been quite a few over the years.

The alarm bells continued to ring with just about every single key player and key staff appointment that he has delivered. Each one eerily similar in nature to the failed signings and key decisions in the past. Let me name a few;
- APPOINTMENT OF CLUB DICTATOR WITH ALMOST FULL CONTROL OVER KEY DECISIONS WITHIN THE FOOTBALL DEPT: Previously Hasler, now Gould.

- APPOINTMENT OF AN INEXPERIENCED/UNPROVEN HEAD COACH: We’ve gone from Pay (no previous first grade experience), to Barrett (unproven - failed at Manly with a great roster), to Ciraldo (no previous first grade experience). I feel the Ciraldo is potentially worst as we’ve been sucked in by an unproven Penrith assistant yet again, this time paying double the money for the pleasure

- OVERSPENDING ON FORWARDS AND OUTSIDE BACKS WITHOUT LOCKING DOWN KEY POSITIONS SUCH AS HALFBACK AND FULLBACK: think of the money we’ve pissed in the past on guys like Eastwood, Aaron Woods, Thompson, Nick Cotric, DWZ on huge money to name a few over the past few years. We’re repeating the dose now with signings of TPJ, Kikau, Addo Carr etc. Why is the money not going to the positions where we need it most!???

- SPENDING BIG ON WINGERS/CENTRES IN A BID TO MANUFACTURE A FULLBACK: Think DWZ, and now we’re doing the same with Steve Crichton!

I could rattle of many more examples of how we’re in the midst of replicating all of the past misdeeds over and over again right now. The facts that we are still not progressing (bottom of the ladder, worst for and worst against in the comp) just further fuels the fire that we’re fucked, and just shooting our selves in the foot time and time again.

I’m not buying Gusses bullshit about still being in essentially Year 1 of a 5 year rebuild. It’s bullshit. We should’ve seen obvious progress by now but we’ve gone nowhere, and if anything regressed further. I’m sick of reading all this blind faith from the fans put in Gus and Ciraldo. It’s getting sad

Fuck off @Nasheed

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you're not happy then it's simple...... fuck off and support somone else.

I got a feeling Souths might be your thing.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whinge whinge fucking whinge.. we win today we have the same amount of wins as 9th place.. considering the amount of injuries the team has had I think it’s a pass mark. If you looked at our roster at the start of the season and last season and thought this a top 4 side you have no idea about rugby league.
More quality is coming.. we’ll be top 4 by 2025 and stay that way for a long time to come. Peace

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There is no one better than Gus. He's the best for the role he's filling at our club. Without him there would be little to no attraction for anyone to get involved with our club. He's our best signing we've made.

I agree we needed a quality experienced coach over a rookie but the only one available is Shane Flanagan who I would of signed to coach us but he's very you either love or hate the idea.

We need to spend even more on our forwards. We need to pay overs for a marquee middle. The best of the best. A Haas, or the next best thing. We're a marquee middle and quality experienced half away from being able to be competitive against anyone from next year onwards.

JAC is our only expensive outside back not including the spine. Critta will play fullback and JAC's been worth every penny here.
Your continuously raving on about forwards then you completely shit on the idea of signing a rep player forward who is in some good form? Let it make sense. We’re never getting Haas. It’s just a pure lazy suggestion. Newcastle however have showed recently they are willing to shop and buy so Saifiti is a chance for us.