The Formula One Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
i like the castle
Yeah it's interesting. It's actually a defensive fort/turret (one of many that surround the old city of Baku) and dates back to 7th-12th century apparentely.

Track runs through the older and newer city.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Even with lulu starting down at 10th, that merc is just ridiculously quicker than anything else on this circuit, he is a very good chance of a podium still :( . Dan has a huge fight on his hands keeping all those faster merc powered cars behind him all race. I think he will get 4th or 5th but i guess a few accidents and anything can happen (there will be accidents here).

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the rodzilla has got a big time bet that hamilton wont be classified at $7.00, he is crazy in this position and could stuff up

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol hamilton with the ban on team radio assistance cant figure out what to do with the settings in his car, hopefully he presses something wrong and it blows up the car

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah gotta say that was a boring race, they should chuck a chicane down in that ridiculously long straight.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
gees those ripple strips are causing havoc with suspension ... surely that's a safety concern ???

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
raikkonen is an incredible driver when it comes to saving tyres to attack, if it doesnt rain then lewis is in for a race against him

but i hope for rain because that itself is interesting

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oh and lewis garage is in a major dilemma because they have to cover rosberg but to do that they give up the lead with rain coming in

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they left it too late to cover rosberg but ferrari now are holding out for rain

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oops they held out too long tbh, tyre exploded

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn Nicko was close to taking out lulu, he had the right idea lol. I gotta say apart from monaco, verstappen seems to not only have better race pace but better tyre management than Dan.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Damn Nicko was close to taking out lulu, he had the right idea lol. I gotta say apart from monaco, verstappen seems to not only have better race pace but better tyre management than Dan.
He needs to given RBR's brash call to dump Kvyat for him.... but Dans still getting (generally) better results, and would be going even better if his team didn't fuck him over all the time.

Yes, MV is RBR's golden boy at the moment.

Reactions: GDR

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs to given RBR's brash call to dump Kvyat for him.... but Dans still getting (generally) better results, and would be going even better if his team didn't fuck him over all the time.

Yes, MV is RBR's golden boy at the moment.
Yeah that is true, dan always has that monster lap in him and out qualies verstappen. In spain, canada, baku and now austria max has had better race pace than him and makes those tyres last longer. That is a bit of a worry, dan did get screwed over in spain but max again had better pace than him there and i don't know if dan could have made his tyres last that long from what i have seen from him since. The call yesterday to pit dan was the right one, he was struggling big time. The only exception in all this was monaco, dan had that track nailed no doubt and would have won if not for that 1 hour pit-stop. Think dan needs to have a good briefing with his engineer or something and figure out why his driving style is killing tyres and try and fix that up.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gee I hope Max doesn't develop into his dad ... Joss the Boss had a crash or 2 in him LOL