The Formula One Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Should be an interesting qualifying session soon, something tells me Mercedes will find that extra pace once they crank that PU into qualifying mode.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That was a seriously epic lap... totally out of nowhere and nobody expected it.

I reckon there is a bit more in the reserves on that engine too. Even the other race when Alonso turned the wick right up for a lap "to have some fun" he was matching Mercedes times.

I really really really really really really really really really hope Dan can get a win tomorrow.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Monaco is a great leveller of a track. This is Dan's best opportunity of the year.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope redbull haven't screwed up again with strategy, Dan is starting on super softs and the merc boys ultras. If it doesn't rain than it's very likely this strategy will put him behind at least 1 merc but most likely both after he has pitted. There is no way you can pass two Mercedes on this track, really hope I'm wrong & I'm just not seeing something with this strategy.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A few hours out from race start and it's raining in monaco and forecast to continue into the race.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
omg i love wet monaco, 1996 and 1997 was so fun

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot of live f1 this year and normally I look forward to Monaco.

Unfortunately a 5:30am start thus morning plus a bottle of red with dinner and I'm bloody struggling.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
actually wet monaco was fun in previous times, i forgot that f1 has become pussy 1 and they probably will be behind the safety car until its almost dry

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol red bull concerning themselves with the golden boy pitstop and they forgot about the leader of the race ricciardo

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dan is going to have to pass hamilton to win, i think both cars won't pit again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking Hamilton cheating and cutting the chicane every single lap, not to mention running Ricciardo off track with no penalty.

There's no chance for Dan... shafted by his team again.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep two taces in a row now rbr have fucked dan over. How lewis wasn't penalized for the corner cut and not letting dan through is unbelievable.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They Should be playing the hillybilly music while showing Ricciardos pit stop

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Baku's Medieval Corner of Chaos is going to seriously screw up some peoples races tonight...

Quite a few have belted that wall near the castle already.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact the European F1 race is being held in a tiny corrupt authoritarian state in Asia shows that (oil) money talks...

I was watching a bit of qualifying last night as i was falling asleep on the couch... and I swear they said that one particular street which is normally cobblestones was tarred over for the race only to be ripped back up again next week... did I hear that right?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure as I was watching Ch4 repeat not Sky Sports coverage.

But yeah it should be the Arabian GP..Azerbajian (sp?) isn't even in Europe.