The Formula One Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder... was a slow puncture slowing ADR up from launching an attack at the end there.

Great drive by Verstappen... imagine how Kvyat feels now.

First F1 win in history by a Dutchman, and youngest ever F1 winner.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder... was a slow puncture slowing ADR up from launching an attack at the end there.

Great drive by Verstappen... imagine how Kvyat feels now.

First F1 win in history by a Dutchman, and youngest ever F1 winner.
Yeah he did good to hold on but still rbr fucked dan over big time, he was in the lead and than they gave max the 2 stop strategy and than they held dan out there for 3 or 4 laps too long once vettel made stop number 2.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
To say I'm mildly pissed off by the disdain Foxtel has shown towards cutting off Pit Lane post race coverage, to put on a live (now delayed) soccer game, when they have 4 (yes 4) other sports channels, and 2 dedicated 24hr soccer channels they could have used... is an understatement.

I cannot believe during a history making race in F1, that these dickheads have cut short the coverage.

F'n fuming!!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ferrari used the the split strategy also so
To say I'm mildly pissed off by the disdain Foxtel has shown towards cutting off Pit Lane post race coverage, to put on a live (now delayed) soccer game, when they have 4 (yes 4) other sports channels, and 2 dedicated 24hr soccer channels they could have used... is an understatement.

I cannot believe during a history making race in F1, that these dickheads have cut short the coverage.

F'n fuming!!!
im ok with it, the epl final day has 10 games on at the same time so they need all the channels they can get, they do a good job at every other race

and it is live btw

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dan was not a happy camper after the race, he was kind of baffled why they changed his pre race planned 2 stop race to a 3 stop.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I finally got around to seeing the Mercedes crash.

Does Lewis Hamilton thinks people should just move out of his way? He really is a twat.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
red bull would have to go back on their thing of giving preference to whoever leads the championship at the time, they made that rule up to favour vettel so they need to stick with it with ricciardo
Also I thought Red Bull were doing their own engine development hence the Tag badging ??

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Also I thought Red Bull were doing their own engine development hence the Tag badging ??
Nope it's just a renault with a tag heuer badge on it. Same spec as the works renault team.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's amazing everyone walked away from this

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Normally its GP2 you see the massive crashes in.

Guys like Johnny Cecotto Jnr used to just not give a shit and plow into anyone.

Formula 3.5 theres bee a few big ones.

Formula E you don't see all that many in though, likewise A1 when it was around didn't have all that many big ones.

My understanding of it is that Renault wouldn't partner direct with RBR, but rather via Tag as a partner.

It also means in the future of Tag want to work with Ilmor directly on an engine (outside of Renault) they will be able to.

I reckon it all points towards Red Bull having their own engine partner eventually.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Normally its GP2 you see the massive crashes in.

Guys like Johnny Cecotto Jnr used to just not give a shit and plow into anyone.

Formula 3.5 theres bee a few big ones.

Formula E you don't see all that many in though, likewise A1 when it was around didn't have all that many big ones.

My understanding of it is that Renault wouldn't partner direct with RBR, but rather via Tag as a partner.

It also means in the future of Tag want to work with Ilmor directly on an engine (outside of Renault) they will be able to.

I reckon it all points towards Red Bull having their own engine partner eventually.
Ilmor .. that's a blast from the past ... cant remember who last ran an ilmor ?? Minardi maybe ??

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

It is most likely the other way around, Renault wouldn't accept RBR publicly criticizing them any longer and would have been happy for them to "brand" the engine differently. RBR can't just take that spec PU and modify it, the rules don't allow it. Ilmor works directly with Renault on the PU already.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is most likely the other way around, Renault wouldn't accept RBR publicly criticizing them any longer and would have been happy for them to "brand" the engine differently. RBR can't just take that spec PU and modify it, the rules don't allow it. Ilmor works directly with Renault on the PU already.
that does sound more logical

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score