The Formula One Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kevin Magnussen has been announced as MazaSPIN replacement for team Haas.

Reaction score
testing at bahrain on at the moment, not on kayo but its being streamed on twitch

to watch go to twitch website or app and type kouiti001 in the search

TAS

All In
Reaction score

Brief summary of Bahrain testing for all 10 teams.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis Hamilton has officially changed his name to honour his mother. He is now Lewis Hamilton-Larbalestier... Quite a mouthful really.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis Hamilton has officially changed his name to honour his mother. He is now Lewis Hamilton-Larbalestier... Quite a mouthful really.
He can change his name but he still will always be a wanker in my books!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes of Drive To Survive last night. It's the first time my missus watched it. She's really liking it. Only problem with that is I have to wait to watch it with her now.. Should have never told her about it.. Haha

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes of Drive To Survive last night. It's the first time my missus watched it. She's really liking it. Only problem with that is I have to wait to watch it with her now.. Should have never told her about it.. Haha
hahaha yes that was inexperience lol. you talking the new series out now?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
hahaha yes that was inexperience lol. you talking the new series out now?
Yep. I've already seen the first three. She wanted to watch this one because a few of her friends have started getting into F1

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep. I've already seen the first three. She wanted to watch this one because a few of her friends have started getting into F1
i wont tell me wife then lol. We have 2 fox boxes, so she watches her sci fi shows upstairs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who's looking good for Bahrain? I havent followed testing.. Will it still be Red Bull and Mercedes or have McLaren, Ferrari, Renault etc improved enough to get more podiums consistently?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
bahrain is not really a good track to use as a standard for the rest of the season, but ferrari 1-3 and mercedes seem to be 3rd best car

how about an over/under of 15,000 times this season that hamilton and his apologists/media mention that his car is not as good as the others, its impossible to keep track of but they are going to talk about it at every opportunity, F1 could change its name to E1 this year, E for excuse

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Leclerc with pole, followed by Verstappen, Sainz, Perez, Hamilton and Bottas rounding out the top 6

Magnussen already doing better than MazaSPIN by getting Haas to 7th place on the starting grid.

Ricciardo absolutely struggled and managed 18th on the starting grid. Pretty disappointing to see.

I am super keen for the race, seems like Ferrari have improved while Mercedes have dipped. Could be an interesting race with things seemingly shook up around the field. Also interested in seeing Bottas vs Hamilton, now that Bottas has free range to compete.

Welcome back F1!!

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bloody awesome Qualifying and even better to see that the top 10 consists of 7 different teams.

As mentioned, K-Mag in the Haas and even Mick have performed very well. Both McLaren drivers were disappointing, especially Ricky Bobby and if this is a trait for the season, you could see why they would move him on.

Fantastic to see Bottas out qualify Russell and line up next to Sir Pissy Pants himself!

Early season form you'd have to say Ferrari looking good to contend both Championships but you can never rule out Mercedes.

Bring. It. On!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's good to see Ferrari strong again and Mercedes off the pace. Hopefully Red Bull don't dominate and Ferrari can keep competitive. It's a good sign that 7 different teams have qualified top 10. Hopefully it means a more even season where some of the lesser teams get podiums more consistently.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cars are too slow now. Race was boring.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cars are too slow now. Race was boring.
I agree. Happy for Leclerc to get the win and Sainz 2nd for the Ferrari 1-2, but yeah it was pretty boring. I'm still not sure about these new cars yet. Disastrous outing for Redbull who started out strong but both cars seemingly ending up with engine/power issues, just like their sibling team AplhaTauri's Gasly who's car lost all power then engine ignited. Verstappen also struggled with a power steering issue. Could tell he wasn't a happy camper over his radio communication with the team.

Also, Magnussen getting 5th place for team Haas was good to see. McLaren on the other hand, absolutely terrible as both Ricciardo and Norris struggled. Bit of work to be done back in the McLaren sheds.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I liked how close they were able to get to each other due to the rules and how much overtaking there was between Verstappen and Leclerc for a few laps.

The finish was crazy with all of the failures. It was good to see teams like Haas competitive. And someone else but Red Bull or Mercedes win. McLaren being back in the pack was surprising after their progress the last few seasons.

The new rules won't all work and I'm sure they'll make more changes to get a balance and teams will get more performance, reliability and speed once they adjust.