The Formula One Thread

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i love hamilton struggling, im even going to get out my bulldogs blue flag and imitate the marshalls when hamilton is going to get lapped

there should be a betting market about if he asks to retire from the race, i think he will

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sir Princess himself Hamilton knocked out in Q3 so will start P15! How good.
I saw that.. What happened? Did he make a mistake somewhere? I saw Russell was 6th so Mercedes pace must still be a fair way off Red Bull and Ferrari..

It's good to see Ferrari strong again. Alpine Renault are up there which is interesting. McLaren improved but are still worse than middle of the pack for now

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that.. What happened? Did he make a mistake somewhere? I saw Russell was 6th so Mercedes pace must still be a fair way off Red Bull and Ferrari..

It's good to see Ferrari strong again. Alpine Renault are up there which is interesting. McLaren improved but are still worse than middle of the pack for now
Mercedes are not to sure why there is such a disparity between Hamilton and Russell, Hamilton made no major mistakes, but did not look comfortable in the car, seemed to not be making the track as wide as Russell did in the corners.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mercedes are not to sure why there is such a disparity between Hamilton and Russell, Hamilton made no major mistakes, but did not look comfortable in the car, seemed to not be making the track as wide as Russell did in the corners.
Hopefully it's his downfall

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hamilton failing brings me joy, it's so good to see. Checo getting his first ever pole position was awesome. Ferrari with another good turn out. Schumacher with a massive crash, it looked nasty.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Unsure of the differences between Russell and Hamilton this weekend. I know that Merc hasnt really figured out this porposing issue. If they lower the car, it reduces downforce but if they raise it to reduce the porposing it creates more drag and effectively makes them slower (or something along those lines).

I'd suspect Hamilton is struggling a bit with the regulation changes, driving changes and the fact Merc isn't on top as previous years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't watch the race.. Will watch the replay later tonight.. Sounds like Verstappen and Leclerc had another good battle.

The news of the oil refinery being attacked 10km from the racetrack is pretty scary. I'm surprised the race went ahead. The drivers and teams were thinking of boycotting..

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only watched the highlights this morning. Similar race to Bahrain where Max and Charles were battling in a DRS shoot out with Max holding on to win with Sainz p3 and Perez P4.

Russell was P5 but still 32 seconds behind with Hamilton P10 but 73 Seconds behind. There were 6DNFs, mostly reliability issues with Latifi crashing yet again.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I gotta say, Charles has really proven me wrong this season so far

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Las Vegas has been added to the 2023 calendar which means there is now 3 races in the USA.

Track lay out looks bog average and similar to a Saudi Arabia style track.

I really wish they would drop two races in the US, and add a German GP and either Mayalsia or Kyalami in South Africa.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was a pretty boring race today. I'm glad Leclerc won but with Verstappen being a DNF again and Ferrari's pace, the title race is looking pretty one sided so far. Things can change quickly though..

Hamilton was bitching all race as usual. Williams and Albon did well to get a point with their strategy.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was a pretty boring race today. I'm glad Leclerc won but with Verstappen being a DNF again and Ferrari's pace, the title race is looking pretty one sided so far. Things can change quickly though..

Hamilton was bitching all race as usual. Williams and Albon did well to get a point with their strategy.
This season has been pretty one sided as in Ferrari V Redbull. The new regs have spaced the field out a lot more but I'm hopeful in time it will compress.

I did catch Hamilton's whinge "you guys put me in this position" as he was behind Russell. I think the team knows they don't have a competitive car yet and are looking to the future.

Redbull desperately need to sort reliability issues otherwise it's all but over.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This season has been pretty one sided as in Ferrari V Redbull. The new regs have spaced the field out a lot more but I'm hopeful in time it will compress.

I did catch Hamilton's whinge "you guys put me in this position" as he was behind Russell. I think the team knows they don't have a competitive car yet and are looking to the future.

Redbull desperately need to sort reliability issues otherwise it's all but over.
The thing was what he was complaining about, they has no control over. Russell timed his pit perfectly when the safety car came out. Hamilton had already pitted a few laps earlier. Don't know what he was complaining about. But he loves to complain for the fun of it.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you hear that Mazepin and his father had real estate holdings of over 100 Million seized in Italy due to their ties to Vladimir Putin? The only reason he had the seat as Haas was because daddy bought it for him.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Verstappen with the grand slam this weekend at Imola and LeClerc bundling it while chasing Perez.

Russell is constantly out performing Hamilton and it's fantastic to see. Hamilton appears to only be dominant when the car is. Russell is putting that Merc in places Hamilton can only dream of.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Did you hear that Mazepin and his father had real estate holdings of over 100 Million seized in Italy due to their ties to Vladimir Putin? The only reason he had the seat as Haas was because daddy bought it for him.
thats the normal situation in F1