The Formula One Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verstappen with the grand slam this weekend at Imola and LeClerc bundling it while chasing Perez.

Russell is constantly out performing Hamilton and it's fantastic to see. Hamilton appears to only be dominant when the car is. Russell is putting that Merc in places Hamilton can only dream of.
Hamilton being lapped by Verstappen was just the icing on the cake on what was an awesome weekend for Redbull.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As far off the pace as Mercedes have been, Russell is definitely outperforming Hamilton so far.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
LMFAO at those that said Hamilton is the GOAT. His teammate has been better than him and this ain't the first season that happens.

Reaction score
Hamilton isn't even top 3. Schuey, Senna and Prost are all easily ahead of him.
and ahead of those three is fangio, 5 titles at 4 different teams.

winning championships for 4 different teams is insane and will most likely never be repeated

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far off the pace as Mercedes have been, Russell is definitely outperforming Hamilton so far.
It just goes to show that Hamilton without a dominant car ain't shit.

Last edited:

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another dominating Qualifying by Ferrari with yet another 1-2.

George Russell knocked out in Q2 after complaining about porposing a fair bit. Danny Ric a poor P14 while Norris is P8.

Excellent to see Bottas out qualify Hamilton yet again but the two will line up on the 3rd row together.

With a 530am lights out and away we go, very decent time slot to watch a chunk before heading off to work.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verstappen won comfortably once the race got going. All in all, Miami was a pretty boring race. I didn't go much on the track and all the fan fair and over Americanisation of the whole event. Looking forward to the Spanish GP this weekend, as I do like the Catalunya circuit.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel bad for Mick Schumacker just missing out on the points again. Hopefully he can finally finish top 10 soon.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMFAO at those that said Hamilton is the GOAT. His teammate has been better than him and this ain't the first season that happens.
Settle down FFS Hamilton is 37…. Way past his prime how good was shoey racing at 37??

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Settle down FFS Hamilton is 37…. Way past his prime how good was shoey racing at 37??
he was dominating and should have won his 8th world title if his engine didn't expire while leading the 2nd last race

then he produced one of his best ever performances at the 2006 brazilian gp coming back from a lap down without any bullshit safety car free catch up

schumacher at 43 was world championship material, outqualifying rosberg 10 times, if mercedes was dominant that would put him in pole position 10 times and be in a great position to win 10 races

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Once again ferrari has quali pace. I just don't think they'll have the race pace to compete with max if he has no dramas with his car. The straight line speed he has over the ferraris is just a little too much especially when he gets drs on top

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know team orders always ask drivers to concede to their teammates that's chasing a title but they should have let Chico win there. It's too early in the season to be doing that and Max still would have finished 2nd with Leclerc not getting a point.

I always feel sorry for the 2nd driver in that situation that gets robbed of wins they deserve and won't get back. I always felt for guys like Barrichello and Irvine for the same reason..

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is a trend setting this year with Ferrari showing brilliant Qualifying pace but not able to convert it to race pace.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I know team orders always ask drivers to concede to their teammates that's chasing a title but they should have let Chico win there. It's too early in the season to be doing that and Max still would have finished 2nd with Leclerc not getting a point.

I always feel sorry for the 2nd driver in that situation that gets robbed of wins they deserve and won't get back. I always felt for guys like Barrichello and Irvine for the same reason..
wrong examples, Irvine and barrichello got their wins back and more

2000 US GP, 1999 German GP and 1999 Malaysian GP, Irvine actually ended up with + 1 net wins and almost a championship

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
There is a trend setting this year with Ferrari showing brilliant Qualifying pace but not able to convert it to race pace.
Well leclerc was doing it comfortable up until his dnf but yeah it has been a worry

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

No way, Max was way quicker.