The Formula One Thread

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really like this Mclaren team, big fan of both Ricciardo and Norris I really hope they stick with the team and do well!
Yeah i like them aswell mate. The energy around the team atm is great to see.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Guys, who remembers this?

1634770519179.png

Wouldn't this be considered to be the equivalent of match fixing? I mean of people bet on Barrichello to win, they would've lost?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Guys, who remembers this?

View attachment 32171

Wouldn't this be considered to be the equivalent of match fixing? I mean of people bet on Barrichello to win, they would've lost?
I was watching that live on tv and it was the correct decision.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
What about the fact that the race was fixed, and if people placed bets on Ruben?
team orders are allowed in the sport. Whatever advantage you get in the drivers and constructors title so its not really illegally fixed.

What would be race fixing is telling your driver to crash intentionally because they had money on a dnf haha

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What about the fact that the race was fixed, and if people placed bets on Ruben?
Their fault for betting. F1 always has had team orders.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I understand the hate people have for Hamilton. Most people are sick of him and Mercedes winning, don't like the tactics he uses etc.

But let me ask you.. Which dominant driver hasn't done similar things? Schumacher was as bad, if not worse.. Vettel when he was dominant was the same. Even Senna had several run ins and dramas with different teams and drivers. Alonso had his dramas as well.. It's just the nature of F1. They're all competitive, ruthless, egomaniacs that are unapologetic pricks who would do anything to win.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand the hate people have for Hamilton. Most people are sick of him and Mercedes winning, don't like the tactics he uses etc.

But let me ask you.. Which dominant driver hasn't done similar things? Schumacher was as bad, if not worse.. Vettel when he was dominant was the same. Even Senna had several run ins and dramas with different teams and drivers. Alonso had his dramas as well.. It's just the nature of F1. They're all competitive, ruthless, egomaniacs that are unapologetic pricks who would do anything to win.

I feel that Hamilton started off as a humble, come from nothing bloke who was extremely talented. Once the game and money got to him, he then used his status to push personal agendas.

Whereas I feel Senna and Schumacher didn't really change there persona throughout there career.

Hamilton will go down as one of the greats and it may take years after his retirement for us to understand and realise it.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Amazing Quali session. Perez is showing some unreal pace and Danny Ric out qualifies Norris also.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I feel that Hamilton started off as a humble, come from nothing bloke who was extremely talented. Once the game and money got to him, he then used his status to push personal agendas.

Whereas I feel Senna and Schumacher didn't really change there persona throughout there career.

Hamilton will go down as one of the greats and it may take years after his retirement for us to understand and realise it.
Hamilton is top 10 all-time. He isn't in the class of Schumacher and Senna but there is no shame in that.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hamilton is top 10 all-time. He isn't in the class of Schumacher and Senna but there is no shame in that.
Not my fav driver but he is definately in the same exclusive club with Senna, Schuey, Fangio, Brabham, Jim Clarke, and Stewart and possibly a couple of other like Prost and Lauda.

7 world titles at 2 different teams and possibly another 1 or 2 to come he has long ago earnt his membership.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not my fav driver but he is definately in the same exclusive club with Senna, Schuey, Fangio, Brabham, Jim Clarke, and Stewart and possibly a couple of other like Prost and Lauda.

7 world titles at 2 different teams and possibly another 1 or 2 to come he has long ago earnt his membership.
Shuey never had a teammate finish top 2 in the driver’s standings. Hamilton’s teammate beat him to the title. Different levels to this.

It’s easier to win titles when your car is so much better than the opposition.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shuey never had a teammate finish top 2 in the driver’s standings. Hamilton’s teammate beat him to the title. Different levels to this.

It’s easier to win titles when your car is so much better than the opposition.
Michael was always the contracted no1 driver in the garage particularily at Benetton and Ferrari. His team mate in the championship years at Ferrari was Ruben Barrichello. At Benetton in 94 and 95 his team mates were a mix of JJ Letho, Jos Verstappen and Johnie Herbert.

Ruben was handy, Jos was occasionally quick and Herbert was average and all of them No 2 drivers.

The Benetton years were shrouded in cheating allegations of traction control and the Ferrari dynasty was built on the single biggest money splurge by a team in F1 history.

Lewis had Heikki Kovalainen in his sole Mclaren championship and then Rosberg/Bottas for the next 6. Rosberg alone was way better than any of Schueys team mates and Bottas has had his moments. But, just like Ferrari Mercedes has the best car but they are a bit smarter having a very fast team mate as well.

The only way you could ever get a true drivers championship is to put all 20 drivers into the same spec Mercedes/Ferrari or Redbull and let them loose.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Michael was always the contracted no1 driver in the garage particularily at Benetton and Ferrari. His team mate in the championship years at Ferrari was Ruben Barrichello. At Benetton in 94 and 95 his team mates were a mix of JJ Letho, Jos Verstappen and Johnie Herbert.

Ruben was handy, Jos was occasionally quick and Herbert was average and all of them No 2 drivers.

The Benetton years were shrouded in cheating allegations of traction control and the Ferrari dynasty was built on the single biggest money splurge by a team in F1 history.

Lewis had Heikki Kovalainen in his sole Mclaren championship and then Rosberg/Bottas for the next 6. Rosberg alone was way better than any of Schueys team mates and Bottas has had his moments. But, just like Ferrari Mercedes has the best car but they are a bit smarter having a very fast team mate as well.

The only way you could ever get a true drivers championship is to put all 20 drivers into the same spec Mercedes/Ferrari or Redbull and let them loose.
And Shuey would destroy Hamilton. Even Alonso said Shuey is way better.

Anyone that doesn't think Shuey is better then also thinks Lebron is better than MJ and Thurston is better than Joey. In other words, idiotic statement.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And Shuey would destroy Hamilton. Even Alonso said Shuey is way better.

Anyone that doesn't think Shuey is better then also thinks Lebron is better than MJ and Thurston is better than Joey. In other words, idiotic statement.
Have you got some issues or something? Where did I say I think Hamilton is better than Schumacher or visa versa. I was agreeing with your point about the best car, it’s F1… that is what the whole sport is about.

And for the record Senna would wipe the floor with both of them. Jordan is the Goat, but John’s was an overrated coke head and Alonzo is a perfect example of a good driver in the best car and he is still living off the memory’s..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Have you got some issues or something? Where did I say I think Hamilton is better than Schumacher or visa versa. I was agreeing with your point about the best car, it’s F1… that is what the whole sport is about.

And for the record Senna would wipe the floor with both of them. Jordan is the Goat, but John’s was an overrated coke head and Alonzo is a perfect example of a good driver in the best car and he is still living off the memory’s..
I didn't say that you said Hamilton was better. I was just making a broad statement on whoever does.

If you think Joey was overrated then you have no idea and I instantly don't care about your rugby league opinion.

Senna was not better than Shuey but at least that's arguable.

Last edited:

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great race.

Max and Lewis are so far ahead of the rest of the field and theyre separated by 1 second