chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Come on Williams produce a nice looking car since you can’t win shit

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what Racing Point will look like... I have a feeling it'll be cringey as fuck.

LAUNCH DATES
February 7 Haas Livery launch online
February 11 Toro Rosso Online
February 11 Williams Livery launch
February 12 Renault Enstone, UK
February 13 Mercedes Silverstone, UK
February 13 Red Bull To be confirmed
February 13 Racing Point Toronto, Canada
February 14 McLaren McLaren Technology Centre
February 15 Ferrari Maranello, Italy
February 18 Alfa Romeo Barcelona, Spain

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still cant understand why dan went to rennault

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Because they are in a 3/3 strategy. 3 years development / 3 years seriously competing with front runners.

3 years was over last year, so this is the first year they are seriously competing. 4th in Constructors last year and if they can get the cars reliable they'll definitely be up there for podiums.

Meanwhile Honda engines were junk in the Torro Rossos, and Dan was concerned they'd be just as shit in the main team cars in 2019. Add to that no openings at Ferrari or Mercedes, and Max being given pref treatment, realistically Dan signed with the best team he could.

I tihnk him and The Hulk will be a great team and really put some results out there.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because they are in a 3/3 strategy. 3 years development / 3 years seriously competing with front runners.

3 years was over last year, so this is the first year they are seriously competing. 4th in Constructors last year and if they can get the cars reliable they'll definitely be up there for podiums.

Meanwhile Honda engines were junk in the Torro Rossos, and Dan was concerned they'd be just as shit in the main team cars in 2019. Add to that no openings at Ferrari or Mercedes, and Max being given pref treatment, realistically Dan signed with the best team he could.

I tihnk him and The Hulk will be a great team and really put some results out there.
All good in theory with their plans but it’s really that matters i hope they become competitive because dan deserves to have a good car

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

also just to get out and not be typecast as a red bull guy, its like they have their own universe and once they are done with you its over

I call it escaping

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Even as a huge dan the man fan, max just unfortunately had his measure, faster in qualifying and faster in the race. On top of that, neither mercedes nor ferrari wanted him so i don't think he was left with much choice in the end, either play second fiddle to max and watch his stocks drop dramatically or go for a change with renault and just pray they somehow get not only their car right but also the power unit. I promise ya one thing, it won't happen in this formula which ends in 2020 and also the same time his new renault contract expires.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I wouldn't write honda off yet, sure they were nothing short of abysmal during the mclaren days and totally got these new hybrids wrong but after the divorce they did make management changes and brought in the guy that headed up their indy engine program, this season will be the first time they have not started from scratch, Renault on the other hand have dumped last seasons PU again and have started all over. RBR are here to win, remember they are privy to information that none of us are in regards to both PUs, if they honestly thought they could win with Renault they would have stuck with them. Renault are happy to take it slow and work their way back up to the top, atm they refuse to pump the money into either the PU or the car that the big guys are, they are riding it out and hoping the rules change in 2021.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Even as a huge dan the man fan, max just unfortunately had his measure, faster in qualifying and faster in the race. On top of that, neither mercedes nor ferrari wanted him so i don't think he was left with much choice in the end, either play second fiddle to max and watch his stocks drop dramatically or go for a change with renault and just pray they somehow get not only their car right but also the power unit. I promise ya one thing, it won't happen in this formula which ends in 2020 and also the same time his new renault contract expires.
RBR fucked Dan over royally... they completely disrespected him as a driver.

He IS the better driver than Max.

Using him as the team guinea pig, putting in known faulty engines back in his car only to shit itself the following race, the team let him down and then wonders why he walked.

RBR are riding Max's dick hard because Papa Verstappen is incredibly well cashed up and provides cash injections for the racing team.

Max will get shown up this year, because there is nobody to hide behind anymore. Gasly is well backed and an incredibly skilled driver, and has raced in karting against Verstappen.

Some of the rookies this year will give it a red hot crack. Gasly, Norris, Giovinazzi, LeClerc, Russell.

Teams I think will struggle: Racing Point, Williams, Torro Rosso, Haas.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
None of the big 3 teams do the pay driver thing, no doubt max's dad helped him get to F1 but RB didn't hire him to provide cash lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@chris_e_fresh annnnnd it looks like absolute arse. Rather than make it pretty with lines and pinstripes, someone just cracked out the spray can. Black and white with some transitional sky blue and about 3 sponsors.. *eugh*.

Meanwhile Torro Rosso copy and paste the last few years liveries and plaster every square inch of the car in Red Bull sponsorship.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the Haas, but ive always been a fan of the lotus look ..

Yes that Williams is Arse Pie ...

Torro rosso, has anything at all changed? not that there was anything wrong with it in the first place..

I'm interested to see what the Alfa Romeo team is going to come up with .. being Italian and all , style is important .. sometimes more than function (anyone whos owned an ALFA will know what I mean LOL).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I like the look of the Haas, but ive always been a fan of the lotus look ..

Yes that Williams is Arse Pie ...

Torro rosso, has anything at all changed? not that there was anything wrong with it in the first place..

I'm interested to see what the Alfa Romeo team is going to come up with .. being Italian and all , style is important .. sometimes more than function (anyone whos owned an ALFA will know what I mean LOL).
I think Alfa and Renault will look cracking and rival HAAS.

Here's my thoughts (on those remaining):
Renault - Will deliver a stunning looking car to rival HAAS.
Mercedes - Won't change much from the spearmint green in past years, and just be change in sponsors locations.
Red Bull - Won't change too much (like Torro Rosso), and just be change in sponsors locations.
Racing Point - I have a feeling this will be the worst looking car on the grid.
McLaren - Be interesting to see if they stick with Papaya, or do something different. Hard to call this one.
Ferrari - Won't stray far from classic Ferrari Red (sadly). Would like to see some subtle gunmetal or black introduced as highlights and blended with the red.
Alfa Romeo - Will deliver a stunning looking car to rival HAAS.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@chris_e_fresh annnnnd it looks like absolute arse. Rather than make it pretty with lines and pinstripes, someone just cracked out the spray can. Black and white with some transitional sky blue and about 3 sponsors.. *eugh*.

Meanwhile Torro Rosso copy and paste the last few years liveries and plaster every square inch of the car in Red Bull sponsorship.
How bad does it look, it's terrible. Good on em for finding another sponsor though. Here is a pic for anyone that hasn't seen it

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How bad does it look, it's terrible. Good on em for finding another sponsor though. Here is a pic for anyone that hasn't seen it

the only way it could look worse, is if you replace the blue with baby sh!t brown..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Alfa and Renault will look cracking and rival HAAS.

Here's my thoughts (on those remaining):
Renault - Will deliver a stunning looking car to rival HAAS.
Mercedes - Won't change much from the spearmint green in past years, and just be change in sponsors locations.
Red Bull - Won't change too much (like Torro Rosso), and just be change in sponsors locations.
Racing Point - I have a feeling this will be the worst looking car on the grid.
McLaren - Be interesting to see if they stick with Papaya, or do something different. Hard to call this one.
Ferrari - Won't stray far from classic Ferrari Red (sadly). Would like to see some subtle gunmetal or black introduced as highlights and blended with the red.
Alfa Romeo - Will deliver a stunning looking car to rival HAAS.
racing point is going to have to really step it up to beat that turd of Williams..

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
fuck me they could of made it look sick instead they give me this. years of frustration following this shit team and they come up with this!

who the fk are rokit by the way, they have 85 followers on twitter i swear it sounds like a deal where this company goes broke and dont pay Williams

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
fuck me they could of made it look sick instead they give me this. years of frustration following this shit team and they come up with this!

who the fk are rokit by the way, they have 85 followers on twitter i swear it sounds like a deal where this company goes broke and dont pay Williams
Something weird going on this season, the new sponsor for haas is also some unknown company who doesn't have a single product on any store shelf (not very ideal when you sell energy drinks lol), they do seem to have stuff on their website though. It is all very strange.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rokit are a mobile phone manufacturer. Like Huawei and Oppo, but not as well known. Their models look about a decade late to the market.

They are part of ROK Brands, which seem to have their money in a lot of different ventures. http://www.rokbrands.com/

A bit more info on the company here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...ROK-Brands-Launches-ROKiT-Humanity-Cell-Phone

Something weird going on this season, the new sponsor for haas is also some unknown company who doesn't have a single product on any store shelf (not very ideal when you sell energy drinks lol), they do seem to have stuff on their website though. It is all very strange.
With Rich Energy, my understanding is they almost bought Force India, was going to sponsor Williams, and have a product that was still in development (not RTM - Ready to Market). Now the product is RTM, it's all about brand exposure. That's on face value.

A company that want to take it to Red Bull and see them as major competition.

But then you read more into it, and it gets a tad strange.
1. The product does exist - https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/9vbu5x/i_have_proof_that_rich_energy_actually_exists/
2. The CEO and the company exist.
3. He doesn't strike me as the professional type:
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Another video (where he explains the logo and where the name came from).

Strange thing is that Peter Windsor is the only guy that has ever interviewed him.

I don't think it's a scam, but I do think maybe rich people are pouring money into it potentially from sources they don't want known (tax breaks, questionable revenue stream, etc). Who knows, maybe VJ himself is pouring money into it.

Either that or it has huge backing from venture capitalists at the moment.

Storey does seem genuine about a product existing and if it's an act/con, they've gone to excess to make it so. Eccentric guy, but looks can be deceiving... Jerry Schwaretz looks like a homeless guy, yet is a plastic surgeon who owns probably a billion dollars worth of hotels (just spent $300 million on Sofitel Darling Harbour and owns 5+ other high end hotels/resorts.. So can't judge a book by its cover.

Red Bull have a new sponsor that is raising eyebrows: Futurocoin

On a side note, @ASSASSIN @MatstaDogg @Hacky McAxe (beard brothers ASSEMBLE!) nobody can deny he's got an epic beard game going!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be checking if any of pablo escobar's family is on any paperwork, both companies sound like a good money laundering front :grinning: