The Formula One Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah this is one of the bigger merry go rounds there has been for awhile, with some new aero rules as well next season it is going to be interesting how it all works out. It is a given the big two will be battling it out but the rest of the field could go any which way.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's a pity they don't change things up to make all the teams closer in terms of performance.

The sport is almost more about the cars than driver ability these days.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately it is a real catch 22 (i do agree with ya though), as tech becomes more and more advanced the gulf between the mega manufactures and the rest just keeps on growing (or at best is not shrinking):worried: but remove too much of that tech aspect and they risk becoming another spec series like the indy cars, i guess this is what is delaying the new regs for 2021 & beyond for so long, trying to get it right and find that balance. Personally i have no answers to the problem lol . I do know one thing, the PU manufacturers hold too much power in the sport currently, that must change

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Awesome weekend of motorsport coming up, got the Singapore GP and also the sandown 500, the nrl scum can get fucked 8-)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
And at 10PM :D reasonable time!

I don't watch V8 supercars anymore... it's lost it's "thing".

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i don't mind the V8's now, previously i did skip most races and only watched bathurst but for some reason i have watched every single race this year and enjoyed it all, maybe watching the dogs play boring shit footy at the start of the season pushed me into it lol .. yeah whatever floats ya boat

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Going to be interesting next season to see what Ford and Holden race. Also Nissan killing off their sedans.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Ford teams will be running the Mustang next season, there was talk of walkinshaw maybe using the camaro but that def won't be happening next season, too late now. Holden Redbull (triple 8) team said they have no intentions of using the camaro and will continue with the Opel Insignia aka the holden zb commodore. The Rick kelly team will continue running the nissan next season even though nissan themselves have pulled out.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyways gotta cheer on dan big time this weekend, this could very well be his last chance at winning a race for a number of years, at-least till the new regs in 2021 anyway :cry: :cry: :cry:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Concept art for the new reg cars in 2021 from the official F1 site, 18' rims and vastly simpler front wings

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah read/saw that earlier today....

V8 Supercars will be interesting with those brands but it really needs to diversify (which is where it's struggled in recent times).

I much prefer drag racing / rallying as my other followed motorsports.

One thing I often find funny, is the different motorsport fan demographics. Drag Racing fans some can be a little rough/boganesque, whereas rally fans seem really well mannered and polite (and happy to chat).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FIA Formula Mercedes Singapore Race Review: Zzzzzzzzzzzzz *snores*.

Sport is becomming a joke now...

May as well just hand Hamilton the Championship and tell the rest of fuck off early for the season. If they don't address this for next year, fans will start turning off.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fucks sake... Danil "Crash" Kvyat back at Torro Rosso.... hope they sign up a good smash repairer in the off season.

How many races will he last before once again a driver says he should be stodd down because he's dangerous.

Ocon Force India are saying they might keep him on as a reserve driver. I'd tell them to get fucked. Ocon is a far better driver than Sirotkin and Stroll. Put the guy in a Williams already!!.

Sochi race going to be a Merceds 1, 2 processional snoozefest.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
First look at the new front wings for this season, haas rockin' a black and gold livery.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.haasf1team.com/machine
Have a go at the side profile! The minor touches like the gold on the wing, and the wing tips and mirrors.

Cracking good car. Not plastered with sponsors either!

Haas have a new sponsor Rich Energy, nfi who they are lol but yeah it looks great.
British energy drink company who compete with Red Bull in the market. That's where the new elk/deer/reindeer logo thing comes from (and that's what looks awesome imho).

It's got a touch of Lotus about it, but with a deep black and vibrant gold.

If I'm HAAS I'm telling Ro'Gro and KMag to keep this beauty off the walls, as it won't look anywhere near as stunning when it's banged up every second race.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.haasf1team.com/machine
Have a go at the side profile! The minor touches like the gold on the wing, and the wing tips and mirrors.

Cracking good car. Not plastered with sponsors either!

British energy drink company who compete with Red Bull in the market. That's where the new elk/deer/reindeer logo thing comes from (and that's what looks awesome imho).

It's got a touch of Lotus about it, but with a deep black and vibrant gold.

If I'm HAAS I'm telling Ro'Gro and KMag to keep this beauty off the walls, as it won't look anywhere near as stunning when it's banged up every second race.
Yeah wow it looks stunning

Last edited: