The Formula One Thread

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Racing MuskStick or Racing Lipstick ... I can't decide which one.

Definitely contending with Williams for "shittiest livery on the grid", I just hope McLaren/Ferrari/Alfa don't have a crack at that title.

On the topic of questionable sponsors, Racing Points new sponsor is ... wait for it.... a Kenyan based betting company! LOL they just get stranger and stranger this year.

Also you can tour the ForceIndia Racing Point F1 Factory: http://racing-point-production.eu-west-1.elasticbeanstalk.com/hospitality/racing-point-factory-tours
definitely musk stick .. worst lolly ever..

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Racing MuskStick or Racing Lipstick ... I can't decide which one.

Definitely contending with Williams for "shittiest livery on the grid", I just hope McLaren/Ferrari/Alfa don't have a crack at that title.

On the topic of questionable sponsors, Racing Points new sponsor is ... wait for it.... a Kenyan based betting company! LOL they just get stranger and stranger this year.

Also you can tour the ForceIndia Racing Point F1 Factory: http://racing-point-production.eu-west-1.elasticbeanstalk.com/hospitality/racing-point-factory-tours
The guy is worth a couple of billion, he could have hired the most creative of minds money can buy, the best they can come up with is Racing Point :laughing:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oooooh .... I like it!!! New colour scheme and racing suits....

upload_2019-2-14_23-8-1.png

upload_2019-2-14_23-8-37.png

upload_2019-2-14_23-9-24.png

Now just Ferrari and Alfa left.

Last edited:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The new alfa running a camo livery, won't see the real one till next week.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I miss our chrome livery.

PS any point watching F1's this year being a McLaren fan?
No reason they can't improve this season but unfortunately the top 3 are just too far out of reach at the moment. Hopefully they do recover and start heading back up the grid like renault have done, takes quite a few years to get back to the top once you are that far behind. I really hope williams can start to improve as well.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No reason they can't improve this season but unfortunately the top 3 are just too far out of reach at the moment. Hopefully they do recover and start heading back up the grid like renault have done, takes quite a few years to get back to the top once you are that far behind. I really hope williams can start to improve as well.
They blamed the Honda for years saying they hand the best chassis in the field ... what happened last year ?? still shit with a different powerplant .. Torro Rosso did much better than Mclaren with the Honda...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They blamed the Honda for years saying they hand the best chassis in the field ... what happened last year ?? still shit with a different powerplant .. Torro Rosso did much better than Mclaren with the Honda...
We should of never let Merc go

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We should of never let Merc go
Yep they could have spent all those years just focusing on the car knowing they had the most powerful and reliable PU on the grid, they always would have had the mercedes car as bench mark and would have picked up very quickly if the car was shit or not and done something about it, instead of wasting precious years of development for nothing (yep hindsight is wonderful though isn't it lol ). At-least now they admit the car was rubbish last season, so with egos out of the way hopefully they can get the car right and back up the grid again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Alfa livery was love hearts and lucky 4 leaf clovers... I hope they keep it like that :D

Racing (whatsthe) Point are looking for employees.

upload_2019-2-15_13-19-9.png

and on another note just finished reading up about their new sponsor... fark me ... if you thought Rokit and Rich Energy had question marks over them.... do some research.

Liberty Media really need to step in with some of this crap with sponsors.....

Does anyone here into the V8 supercars?
Series got boring years ago and I lost interest. When the entire premise was road cars that could be driven it was cool. These days they tried to turn it into BTCC style competition, and failed.

Mercedes, factory Nissan team, factory Ford and Holden teams, Falcon, and Commodore = All Gone.

All that's left now is:
Opel Insignia - driven by a twin turbo v6 engine in 2019.
Ford Mustang - using the V8 motor from the FGX Falcon.
Nissan Altima - unsure what they are using but I reckon they will go in 2020.

That'll leave the race series as TT v6 Opel Insignia vs v8 Ford Mustang.

I.E Completely pointless. I can't see it lasting past 2020/2021 in all honesty.

Last edited:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Alfa livery was love hearts and lucky 4 leaf clovers... I hope they keep it like that :D

Racing (whatsthe) Point are looking for employees.

View attachment 9100

and on another note just finished reading up about their new sponsor... fark me ... if you thought Rokit and Rich Energy had question marks over them.... do some research.

Liberty Media really need to step in with some of this crap with sponsors.....

Series got boring years ago and I lost interest. When the entire premise was road cars that could be driven it was cool. These days they tried to turn it into BTCC style competition, and failed.

Mercedes, factory Nissan team, factory Ford and Holden teams, Falcon, and Commodore = All Gone.

All that's left now is:
Opel Insignia - driven by a twin turbo v6 engine in 2019.
Ford Mustang - using the V8 motor from the FGX Falcon.
Nissan Altima - unsure what they are using but I reckon they will go in 2020.

That'll leave the race series as TT v6 Opel Insignia vs v8 Ford Mustang.

I.E Completely pointless. I can't see it lasting past 2020/2021 in all honesty.
No team is running a V6 twin turbo, they abandoned those. Every team still runs a 5.0L V8 still. The nissan uses a similar V8 that the GT-R GT1 used, all based on the same family of V8's used in a quite a few of their road cars. The category ain't going anywhere, it is still pretty popular.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No team is running a V6 twin turbo, they abandoned those. Every team still runs a 5.0L V8 still. The nissan uses a similar V8 that the GT-R GT1 used, all based on the same family of V8's used in a quite a few of their road cars. The category ain't going anywhere, it is still pretty popular.
Ahh didn't realise they renigged on that.

But V8 Supercars has always been based around Holden vs Ford rivalry. If it results in being Mustang vs Opel, as the years go on and v8s get phased out, I can't see the series surviving.

Olympic Park was already axed from the lineup.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahh didn't realise they renigged on that.

But V8 Supercars has always been based around Holden vs Ford rivalry. If it results in being Mustang vs Opel, as the years go on and v8s get phased out, I can't see the series surviving.

Olympic Park was already axed from the lineup.
They did add newcastle and the bend motorsport park since than. You will most likely see a camaro on the grid eventually.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Ferrari go darker red with gunmetal striping it could be amazing.
Ohh Ferrari you cool cats.... they went close.

https://singleseater.ferrari.com/en/

I like it ... however Mission Winnow the major new sponsor is a shill company for a tobacco company. Dodgy as fuck.

So that's 3 teams now with highly questionable sponsors. Meanwhile Liberty Media just sits back with feet up and lets it happen.