The forgotten man nrl rumours

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Green medically retired sure, otherwise I don't really get it. We need to develop a younger half (even if it's Wakeham) beside a veteran.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Green medically retired sure, otherwise I don't really get it. We need to develop a younger half (even if it's Wakeham) beside a veteran.
What we were doing this year, wasn't it? Didn't really work out though ...

Honestly, I'd have nothing against Marshall signing on for a year with us, with an option to extend to a 2nd year. I don't believe we have the talent in the halves at the club. People talked about Wakeham but he didn't step up, even under the guidance of Foran. Why would it change next year under the guidance of Green who, let's be honest, is as good as Foran?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sign Benji Marshall on a year deal for 150k. It's fuckin chump change for an attacking half. For 150k that's even a bargain buy for a utility bench player.
Lewis, Wakeham, JMK are probably on double that and Benji starts over either of those 3
Completely agree. Looking at what we currently have, and what we've had over the last 3-4 years to me it's a no-brainer to sign Marshall.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What we were doing this year, wasn't it? Didn't really work out though ...

Honestly, I'd have nothing against Marshall signing on for a year with us, with an option to extend to a 2nd year. I don't believe we have the talent in the halves at the club. People talked about Wakeham but he didn't step up, even under the guidance of Foran. Why would it change next year under the guidance of Green who, let's be honest, is as good as Foran?
Why did we re-sign Wakeham then? Ideally we sign another young half before the start of next year too. If Averillo isn't going to be our fullback he's also an option to be alongside Green. Also it didn't work because we chopped and changed. Stick a bit and we'll see improvement and consistency. Who ever has the most potential now should be there. We were never going to do well this year so what we did was a waste.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why did we re-sign Wakeham then? Ideally we sign another young half before the start of next year too. If Averillo isn't going to be our fullback he's also an option to be alongside Green. Also it didn't work because we chopped and changed. Stick a bit and we'll see improvement and consistency. Who ever has the most potential now should be there. We were never going to do well this year so what we did was a waste.
BEcause he's got potential. No point in not re-signing him.

But at the same time, it's clear from this year we're severely lacking in the halves area. Even when Foran was fit, we sucked.

We replace Foran with Green and ... we're in the same place, and perhaps even worse. For me bring in Marshall as at least he'll be starting from the first game next year. He'll be on extremely low wages. A great influence around the club. Can help the team?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've said this countless times. He doesn't need to medically Retire. He just needs to retire and be looked after post retirement (coaching staff).

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we can't get Burton early benji will be signed to play with his brother in 21