The forgotten man nrl rumours

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've said this countless times. He doesn't need to medically Retire. He just needs to retire and be looked after post retirement (coaching staff).
And most of here have said you're an idiot.
Why would he retire? He is guaranteed his money if he plays or not. If he retires, he is guaranteed fuck all. Not as smart as you think you are...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why did we re-sign Wakeham then? Ideally we sign another young half before the start of next year too. If Averillo isn't going to be our fullback he's also an option to be alongside Green. Also it didn't work because we chopped and changed. Stick a bit and we'll see improvement and consistency. Who ever has the most potential now should be there. We were never going to do well this year so what we did was a waste.
The better question is, why did we re-sign Lewis...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
And most of here have said you're an idiot.
Why would he retire? He is guaranteed his money if he plays or not. If he retires, he is guaranteed fuck all. Not as smart as you think you are...
No I'm pretty smart.
He retires and is handed the same wage, or something like 2 years at 250 a pop instead of one year at 350. Details can be smoothed.
He signs a coaching contract like other contracts. If he gets sacked 6 months in. He gets a full payout, but as a coach.
But the main thing all this happens away from the playing roster and salary cap.
Your thinking and my thinking is actually symbolic of how the dogs thinks vs his teams like roosters and Souths think.
It's not black and white. You can pul strings and look after people in other ways.
The bulldogs are rich enough where they can afford to throw cash at people. We are restricted because of salary caps.

Even if Green has no ambition at all. There would be no blinking from the footy club if we paid Green to sit at home all day and collect the money. If we can do it all away from nrl rules. And that is the key. Need to do it outside of the NRL realm. There's only one way we can do that and it involves a voluntary retirement.

Look at how Souths handled the Inglis exit.
Voluntary retirement. Even got Greenberg to still you the cash as an ambassador. His money went into the cap again and it's why he's free to change his mind later and play for Warrington.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just understand, I know the salary cap rules perfectly.