The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a disgrace this situation was. Good thing they folded the old NSL and got away from the ethnic affiliations with teams because they were worried about hooliganism and fan violence.. Now it's happening in the A-League. And wasn't there another situation with the Wanderers recently?

Imagine if any of this happened at a Bulldogs game. It'd be getting way more press and they would have sent the army out there..

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
What a disgrace this situation was. Good thing they folded the old NSL and got away from the ethnic affiliations with teams because they were worried about hooliganism and fan violence.. Now it's happening in the A-League. And wasn't there another situation with the Wanderers recently?

Imagine if any of this happened at a Bulldogs game. It'd be getting way more press and they would have sent the army out there..
Think you have to kick them out. There's a line up of other clubs who would love to move into the A-league. Send a message that if clubs cannot control their supporters - out you go.

You are kidding though about the ethnic affiliations. Just quieter about it.

You're right - not only the army but the Dogs would be relegated.

Kick em out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think you have to kick them out. There's a line up of other clubs who would love to move into the A-league. Send a message that if clubs cannot control their supporters - out you go.

You are kidding though about the ethnic affiliations. Just quieter about it.

You're right - not only the army but the Dogs would be relegated.

Kick em out.
That's my point.. They made a song and dance about how bad the NSL was for that reason but it will always be a part of Australian football no matter how many times they rebrand it.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
That's my point.. They made a song and dance about how bad the NSL was for that reason but it will always be a part of Australian football no matter how many times they rebrand it.
Fair play - go check out original style melbourne facebook. Thats these idiots. Tell me there aren't (and I'm not pointing fingers) paramilitary style undertones to the messaging and the logos.

Yet such tough fellas they throw rubbish cans and do monkey noises.

Compare these fckwits to Japanese fans who clean up grounds afterwards.

Per above - send a message - kick the club out.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Soccer hooliganism seems to be an inherent thing tho. In Australia and elsewhere. The English and then all the street (over zealous) celebrations with several countries supporters even in this years WC.

Why? Passionate World game sure but gee why the out of control carry on and rioting behaviour.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ahh the gay-league....

The only other league worse than the nrLOL

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is the big deal anyway? Three GFs are going to played in Sydney? Wow, what a declaration of war that is. The NRL GF could go to Brisbane at some point (already did during Covid), are RL fans going to storm the pitch during a Chooks/Souffs game and throw metal buckets at Tedesco?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What is the big deal anyway? Three GFs are going to played in Sydney? Wow, what a declaration of war that is. The NRL GF could go to Brisbane at some point (already did during Covid), are RL fans going to storm the pitch during a Chooks/Souffs game and throw metal buckets at Tedesco?
That's a terrible comparison though. One is a nation wide comp that has always awarded the GF to the highest placed side while the other is not.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's a terrible comparison though. One is a nation wide comp that has always awarded the GF to the highest placed side while the other is not.
Hence my question, what is the big fuss? So the GF used to be hosted by the first team into the GF, and now the rights have been sold to one location?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hence my question, what is the big fuss? So the GF used to be hosted by the first team into the GF, and now the rights have been sold to one location?
Yes that's pretty much it, the players and fans weren't consulted although I think the clubs knew but I don't follow it hard enough to know.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
cause if there's no sydney team in the final it'll force interstate fans to travel and have to a fortune to get tickets/ book accommodation and airline tickets

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes that's pretty much it, the players and fans weren't consulted although I think the clubs knew but I don't follow it hard enough to know.
cause if there's no sydney team in the final it'll force interstate fans to travel and have to a fortune to get tickets/ book accommodation and airline tickets
Seems like there are better ways to approach this problem than what was done in Melbourne... If there was any chance of the decision makers changing their minds, that is almost certainly gone after that display.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seems like there are better ways to approach this problem than what was done in Melbourne... If there was any chance of the decision makers changing their minds, that is almost certainly gone after that display.
Well yes, they're idiots.