The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They had a man sent off after 30 minutes, but City drawing 0-0 with Copenhagen has to be one of the surprise results of the season.
no haaland no win lol, its hard to win being a man down for an hour of the game

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They had a man sent off after 30 minutes, but City drawing 0-0 with Copenhagen has to be one of the surprise results of the season.
1 man down for most of the game
Wouldn’t call it a surprise result

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1 man down for most of the game
Wouldn’t call it a surprise result
Yeah I meant going into the game. Of course you'd take a draw when you're playing with 10 for 60 minutes.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone see the top 100 players list ranked by FourFourTwo

No Rivaldo, Batistuta or Zlatan.

Kaka at 98 but Busquets at 88?

Neuer at 28

Ronaldinho at 26

I think those are all wrong.

I dont get how you can have Iniesta at 20 but Modric at 79?

Rooney at 84 is way too low

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
January transfer window is going to be crazy if Mbappe is on the market. Not only would PSG be looking for a world record fee but they will go out trying to replace him. I dont know who they would want but it could cause havoc in the market.

You'd think that Mbappe would need to cut his 1.5m/per week wages in half if he wants a move. Even then its only really Madrid that could get him because theres no chance he goes to the same team as Haaland so City is out.
What goIng on with the ****? His playing with messi and neymar who i would take in a heartbeat back at barca and his getting a shitload of dosh

Ill take him but we'll fit him in at barca right next to lewa and dembelz haha

Also barca looking at kante and jorghino

Ill take bellingham at chelsea if our mids are going

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What goIng on with the ****? His playing with messi and neymar who i would take in a heartbeat back at barca and his getting a shitload of dosh

Ill take him but we'll fit him in at barca right next to lewa and dembelz haha

Also barca looking at kante and jorghino

Ill take bellingham at chelsea if our mids are going
Apparently he wants to play with a pivot striker, and the sources around him have mentioned players like Benzema and Giroud. Imagine wanting to swap Messi and Neymar for bloody Giroud…

I don’t think Barcelona could make it happen financially, I honestly think it’s Madrid or bust.

I do think Bellingham goes Chelsea, they’ve shown they’ll aggressively chase targets and I think in the premier league only United and Chelsea would offer the fee plus the wages that it would take to get him. And I personally don’t think United will go for him as aggressively as Chelsea. Your owners need a new “star” to build the club around and Bellingham is that guy.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently he wants to play with a pivot striker, and the sources around him have mentioned players like Benzema and Giroud. Imagine wanting to swap Messi and Neymar for bloody Giroud…

I don’t think Barcelona could make it happen financially, I honestly think it’s Madrid or bust.

I do think Bellingham goes Chelsea, they’ve shown they’ll aggressively chase targets and I think in the premier league only United and Chelsea would offer the fee plus the wages that it would take to get him. And I personally don’t think United will go for him as aggressively as Chelsea. Your owners need a new “star” to build the club around and Bellingham is that guy.
Who could afford him? Madrid? City? Chelsea?

I'd imagine United would be in the race but would he go there?

Bellingham to City or Madrid imo. City probably more likely with Haaland already there, and they'll be losing Silva and Gundogan in the summer also.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who could afford him? Madrid? City? Chelsea?

I'd imagine United would be in the race but would he go there?

Bellingham to City or Madrid imo. City probably more likely with Haaland already there, and they'll be losing Silva and Gundogan in the summer also.
I think only City and Madrid can pay his wages, but Mbappe would never go to City because he is so desperate of being "the man". And it would basically hurt both his and Haalands Ballon D'or chances. Im almost certain he goes to Madrid. But I wouldn't be totally surprised if he ends up at Chelsea even though we dont usually see big players move there. United would defintely be a chance, in particular now with Jim Ratcliffe publicly stating he wants to buy the club, but I also think its only possible if we offload one of Rashford or Sancho.

I did think Bellingham would go to City originally but City have shown they wont aggressively pursue players after it goes past a certain price. So I think if Chelsea and United end up in a bidding war I think itll be them two. They have been so desperate to portray this image of them doing things the right way and its why they very rarely spend record bids. They've only spent more than 65m one time, but theyve spent 55-65m around 15 times. Its silly but it keeps their name out of the headlights when talking about huge fees spent.

Madrid is also a shout and apparently they really like him, but I dont know if it makes sense for them after signing Camavinga and Tchouameni. I think they're more likely to go for a playmaking midfielder to replace Modric.

My predictions:
Mbappe to Madrid for 220m
Bellingham to Chelsea for 130m

I also think De Jong to United might be on the cards again because he is stuck on the Barcelona bench at the moment with their two young mids Pedri and Gavi looking really good.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think only City and Madrid can pay his wages, but Mbappe would never go to City because he is so desperate of being "the man". And it would basically hurt both his and Haalands Ballon D'or chances. Im almost certain he goes to Madrid. But I wouldn't be totally surprised if he ends up at Chelsea even though we dont usually see big players move there. United would defintely be a chance, in particular now with Jim Ratcliffe publicly stating he wants to buy the club, but I also think its only possible if we offload one of Rashford or Sancho.

I did think Bellingham would go to City originally but City have shown they wont aggressively pursue players after it goes past a certain price. So I think if Chelsea and United end up in a bidding war I think itll be them two. They have been so desperate to portray this image of them doing things the right way and its why they very rarely spend record bids. They've only spent more than 65m one time, but theyve spent 55-65m around 15 times. Its silly but it keeps their name out of the headlights when talking about huge fees spent.

Madrid is also a shout and apparently they really like him, but I dont know if it makes sense for them after signing Camavinga and Tchouameni. I think they're more likely to go for a playmaking midfielder to replace Modric.

My predictions:
Mbappe to Madrid for 220m
Bellingham to Chelsea for 130m

I also think De Jong to United might be on the cards again because he is stuck on the Barcelona bench at the moment with their two young mids Pedri and Gavi looking really good.
Let's see mate. Can't argue with your views. Agree about mbappe. Think Bellingham will go to Madrid myself if not city.

Barca will have a fire sale imo. They're I. Deep shit financially it seems

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anyone see the top 100 players list ranked by FourFourTwo

No Rivaldo, Batistuta or Zlatan.

Kaka at 98 but Busquets at 88?

Neuer at 28

Ronaldinho at 26

I think those are all wrong.

I dont get how you can have Iniesta at 20 but Modric at 79?

Rooney at 84 is way too low
You can't be 1 without winning the world cup. Maradona is 1 for me.

Zlatan, Kaka & Rivaldo should be top 50.

Ronaldinho at his peak was incredible.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any fellow Juventus tragics here? How goods Allegri

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
PSG are going to pay €60m for Endrick, he's 16.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score