The Consolidated NFL Thread

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Cowboys will get a lot of belief out of that performance, should've been a win. Dak had a sensational game and looks to be in for a massive year. Those couple of holding calls at the back end of the game were crippling. Would be happy if I was a Cowboys fan overall though, in for a good season.
The Cowboys remind me of Man United. Huge clubs full of superstars, but spluttering along with very average coaches who are yes men for egomaniac owners. Neither club will win anything as they are currently run.

Unfortunately i follow both.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get so frustrated with years of mediocre defence from the Pack. It’s been our Achilles heel ever since 2010. Man we need Zadarius back and piss off Kevin King for Stokes. Plus the DC Joe Barry needs to get his act together. D looks worse than last year ffs. Second half it looked ok but not sure if it was due to the rain. Lazard and MVS were no where to been seen today too on offence. All in all, still look suspect IMO. Well the D anyway.

49ers next week is totally a different beast. Not confident at all with that game.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tua with a fractured rib. So spewing! Anyone know how long it’ll take to recover from that?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tua with a fractured rib. So spewing! Anyone know how long it’ll take to recover from that?
I don't think even they know. It can take as little as a week or two or over a month. Just depends on how it heals..

I know Miami's line stinks, but with Tua is it possible that because he's a lefty and he doesn't move around well to escape pressure, that's the reason why he keeps having awkward landings in tackles and gets injured?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get so frustrated with years of mediocre defence from the Pack. It’s been our Achilles heel ever since 2010. Man we need Zadarius back and piss off Kevin King for Stokes. Plus the DC Joe Barry needs to get his act together. D looks worse than last year ffs. Second half it looked ok but not sure if it was due to the rain. Lazard and MVS were no where to been seen today too on offence. All in all, still look suspect IMO. Well the D anyway.

49ers next week is totally a different beast. Not confident at all with that game.
Thankfully for you the Niners offense isn't a juggernaut with Jimmy G at QB and if you double Deebo and Kittle, they shouldn't be able to do much damage with all of their RBs banged up..

I agree that the Packers D always stinks though and the Lions scored points way too easily in that first half. The Packers D even made Jameis Winston look good when the next week against the Panthers he showed he's still an interception machine.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone see some similarities between us and the Jets? 2 sets of passionate and frustrated fans. Jets came off a bad year and their fans are excited this season due to a new young quarterback and completely different coaching staff. They still looks like a 2 or 3 win team though at best despite all the changes.

To be fair, Jets have been trash for a lot longer than we have. Still, goes to show it does take time to turn around a losing culture.
The difference is the Jets have rarely been successful and haven't won anything since Joe Namath. They've been dysfunctional for decades.. Even when they were decent with Rex Ryan, they still had Butt Fumble at QB and couldn't score points..

We've been dysfunctional for five years and even though it's been 17 years since we won a comp, we still have a far better culture and history than the Jets.. Plus we'll be back in the finals next year whereas it could be two or three more years before the Jets make the playoffs..

The Jets drafted well and I like their coaches. I think later in the season they'll look a lot better.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Cowboys remind me of Man United. Huge clubs full of superstars, but spluttering along with very average coaches who are yes men for egomaniac owners. Neither club will win anything as they are currently run.

Unfortunately i follow both.
The biggest problem with the Cowboys was and always will be Jerry Jones and his insistence on running the team. Like you said, he likes puppets like Garrett that he can control...

They look a lot more balanced this season and the D has improved alot under Dan Quinn and with Micah Parsons but Mike McCarthy is one of the worst coaches in the league and I can't see them making the playoffs with him in charge..

They should offer a fortune to Shaun Payton. He was an assistant there under Parcells. They never should have let him leave.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How long before Meyer quits and goes back to college? It was a dumb move to hire him in the first place but somehow the Jags look worse than last season.

I thought Lawrence was always overhyped and their horrible line and coaching is exposing his flaws and decision making..

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankfully for you the Niners offense isn't a juggernaut with Jimmy G at QB and if you double Deebo and Kittle, they shouldn't be able to do much damage with all of their RBs banged up..

I agree that the Packers D always stinks though and the Lions scored points way too easily in that first half. The Packers D even made Jameis Winston look good when the next week against the Panthers he showed he's still an interception machine.
With have no pass rush and we hardly get to put any pressure on the QB. That’s going off the last two weeks. If the trend continues,Garappolo will have all the time in the world. RPO’s galore.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With have no pass rush and we hardly get to put any pressure on the QB. That’s going off the last two weeks. If the trend continues,Garappolo will have all the time in the world. RPO’s galore.
That's the key to beating the Niners.. If you can force Jimmy G out of the pocket then he makes horrible decisions. It's easier said than done with a weak pass rush though.

The Niners aren't built to chase points with Jimmy G. So if Rodgers can put up points early and the Niners have to play from behind then I can see Garropolo throwing a few picks. I expect them to mix Lance in more this week too

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the key to beating the Niners.. If you can force Jimmy G out of the pocket then he makes horrible decisions. It's easier said than done with a weak pass rush though.

The Niners aren't built to chase points with Jimmy G. So if Rodgers can put up points early and the Niners have to play from behind then I can see Garropolo throwing a few picks. I expect them to mix Lance in more this week too
Yeah Packers are a front running scoring type of side as well. Our offense needs to be putting up 35-40 points to have any chance to be winning this one. Easier said than done though lol

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think even they know. It can take as little as a week or two or over a month. Just depends on how it heals..

I know Miami's line stinks, but with Tua is it possible that because he's a lefty and he doesn't move around well to escape pressure, that's the reason why he keeps having awkward landings in tackles and gets injured?
That could be true but then look at this. He moves okay. The line gives him very minimal time. All the best QBs have a terrific line to let them make plays. Yeah being a lefty can through a lot of guys off especially if they’ve played their whole career blocking right handed throwers.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That could be true but then look at this. He moves okay. The line gives him very minimal time. All the best QBs have a terrific line to let them make plays. Yeah being a lefty can through a lot of guys off especially if they’ve played their whole career blocking right handed throwers.

No doubt their line is a problem. I just think when he's got defenders in his face he has to throw across his body more often if throwing to the right side off his back foot which kind of leads him towards the defenders and leads to more awkward landings for him..

We haven't seen a regular starting QB that's left handed since Mark Brunell which is crazy when you think about it. It shouldn't be a huge issue but I reckon lineman and receivers take a while to get used to the difference as most QBs are right handed..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anyone see some similarities between us and the Jets? 2 sets of passionate and frustrated fans. Jets came off a bad year and their fans are excited this season due to a new young quarterback and completely different coaching staff. They still looks like a 2 or 3 win team though at best despite all the changes.

To be fair, Jets have been trash for a lot longer than we have. Still, goes to show it does take time to turn around a losing culture.
We're nothing like the Jets. They have won the title once and it was in 1968. We are more like the Dallas Cowboys. Have a passionate fan base and dominated an era but now are trying to get back to those days.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Steve Young & Michael Vick were left handed and it didn't effect them at all.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Speaking from experience they hurt like hell and once you have fractured them they fracture again really easily if they are not properly healed. For me I fractured it and went back to normal life after about 4 weeks. Was just wrestling with my 2 year old son and fractured it again took 6 weeks after that to properly heal

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Steve Young & Michael Vick were left handed and it didn't effect them at all.
Both were mobile QBs though that could scramble well and move outside the pocket. They were two of the best running QBs of all time..

Tua doesn't avoid the pass rush well and because he doesn't scramble to buy himself more time and space like those guys did, so he ends up getting in awkward positions.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest problem with the Cowboys was and always will be Jerry Jones and his insistence on running the team. Like you said, he likes puppets like Garrett that he can control...

They look a lot more balanced this season and the D has improved alot under Dan Quinn and with Micah Parsons but Mike McCarthy is one of the worst coaches in the league and I can't see them making the playoffs with him in charge..

They should offer a fortune to Shaun Payton. He was an assistant there under Parcells. They never should have let him leave.
I had hopes for McCarthy , but he appears as bad as Garrett. He did every thing he could to fuck up the last drive against The Chargers, leaving us with a 56 yard field goal attempt, when it should have been much shorter. Our offensive coordinator Kellen Moore who is meant to be some sort of guru, makes inexplicable calls at times. Truly head scratching stuff.

Micah Parsons looked SENSATIONAL at defensive end on the weekend. His short career at linebacker may be finished. Has there ever been a defensive end flash 4.3 speed ?

Dan Quinn looks an upgrade for sure, although that wouldn't be hard. We have a huge black hole at corner back. Diggs is a star of the future, but Brown is TERRIBLE. Gets torched on a weekly basis. Year after year.

I think the division is between us and Philly, but neither is any chance of progressing far.

Great game NFL. Who do you follow mate?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I had hopes for McCarthy , but he appears as bad as Garrett. He did every thing he could to fuck up the last drive against The Chargers, leaving us with a 56 yard field goal attempt, when it should have been much shorter. Our offensive coordinator Kellen Moore who is meant to be some sort of guru, makes inexplicable calls at times. Truly head scratching stuff.

Micah Parsons looked SENSATIONAL at defensive end on the weekend. His short career at linebacker may be finished. Has there ever been a defensive end flash 4.3 speed ?

Dan Quinn looks an upgrade for sure, although that wouldn't be hard. We have a huge black hole at corner back. Diggs is a star of the future, but Brown is TERRIBLE. Gets torched on a weekly basis. Year after year.

I think the division is between us and Philly, but neither is any chance of progressing far.

Great game NFL. Who do you follow mate?
Parsons was a great pick. He's a positionless defender.. With Parsons, Lawrence and Diggs they have some studs on D. Quinn is a great co-ordinator. McCarthy is horrible. He was at Green Bay towards the end too.. They had 33 seconds and somehow ran the clock down for a 56 yarder when they could have run another play or two.. Luckily Zuerlin made it.

I liked the fact that they ran the ball more and didn't force Dak to throw it 60 times. Since before last season I've thought that Pollard is better than Zeke. He's proving it again this season..

I go for the Raiders but hate that they keep fucking over Oakland and moved to Vegas..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Both were mobile QBs though that could scramble well and move outside the pocket. They were two of the best running QBs of all time..

Tua doesn't avoid the pass rush well and because he doesn't scramble to buy himself more time and space like those guys did, so he ends up getting in awkward positions.
Has nothing to do with which hand he throws the ball though