Opinion The coffee snob thread!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are there any caffeine craving coffee snobs here on the kennel? Do you find it impossible to start your day without a good coffee?
I struggle without my morning coffee routine, it is vital to the outcome of my day. And having worked in hospitality for a good 10 years of my working life, i struggle to comprimise on the quality of my coffee.
My previous machine was an Ascaso dream. It poured a bloody good shot of coffee, but was a little slow given its single boiler, and you could only pour coffee or steam milk at any one time, and had to switch between modes and wait for the temperature to increase for steam.
Recently the boiler in my poor old machine clapped out, and i decided to bite the bullet and buy a really good machine. So i am now a proud owner of a Lelit Bianca V2. Its fucking amazing!!! Dual boiler with PIF control. I can pull coffee and steam milk at the same time, while the PIF perfectly regulates temp throughout the machine. Plus its sexy as hell!!
20230111_183336_copy_1500x2000.jpg
20230111_183344_copy_1500x2000.jpg
20230111_183405_copy_1500x2000.jpg

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a 2 group head machine in my shed ( when I had a shop) unfortunately way to big for house ,these days just run down the road.
But I do appreciate a good coffee

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have gone through a few machines. Nothing top of the line, a few $500 machines, one $1200 machine. Eventually I gave up because I kept killing the machines and I just didn't have time. Now days I have two Nespresso Vertuo machines. One for home and one for work. Not as good as a proper machine and more expensive per coffee than a proper machine, but they pour a good shot quick so it saves me time and cleanup.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Bezzera Magica E61, Mazzer Mini A grinder, Kaffelogic Nano 7 roaster.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are there any caffeine craving coffee snobs here on the kennel? Do you find it impossible to start your day without a good coffee?
I struggle without my morning coffee routine, it is vital to the outcome of my day. And having worked in hospitality for a good 10 years of my working life, i struggle to comprimise on the quality of my coffee.
My previous machine was an Ascaso dream. It poured a bloody good shot of coffee, but was a little slow given its single boiler, and you could only pour coffee or steam milk at any one time, and had to switch between modes and wait for the temperature to increase for steam.
Recently the boiler in my poor old machine clapped out, and i decided to bite the bullet and buy a really good machine. So i am now a proud owner of a Lelit Bianca V2. Its fucking amazing!!! Dual boiler with PIF control. I can pull coffee and steam milk at the same time, while the PIF perfectly regulates temp throughout the machine. Plus its sexy as hell!!
View attachment 63618View attachment 63616View attachment 63617
Very nice set up mate, the wood finishes really are a nice touch.

I have the ECM Synchronika and grinder - a beast of a machine - fully plumbed in and pours absolute quality shots every time!!!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Am I the only one disturbed by the nudity while taking photos of your own coffee machine? Slyest dick pick ever and no one noticed - well played.

But hey - this is the Kennel - get your freak on however u need to.

Anyways - Nuovo machine. Mazelli grinder. Roast my own beans in the air fryer. Reckon you could run a breville if you have fresh roasted beans.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
How much $$?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very nice set up mate, the wood finishes really are a nice touch.

I have the ECM Synchronika and grinder - a beast of a machine - fully plumbed in and pours absolute quality shots every time!!!
Very nice. Your machine was my second choice, very well built machines.but a mate of mine has the Lelit bianca like mine and absolutely loves it. Kind of convinced me in the end. I actually like the appearance of this machine more then any other. Theres so many wooden details, and the paddle to adjust the flow is great! You can also mount the water reservoir on either side, or the back.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one disturbed by the nudity while taking photos of your own coffee machine? Slyest dick pick ever and no one noticed - well played.

But hey - this is the Kennel - get your freak on however u need to.

Anyways - Nuovo machine. Mazelli grinder. Roast my own beans in the air fryer. Reckon you could run a breville if you have fresh roasted beans.
Hahaha classic!! True story, id actually just stripped off and was about to jump in the shower when i got a message from the company i bought it from asking if everything was all good. Sadly there is a few scratches on one of the wooden handles, so i decided to go out and take a picture. Since the message was on messenger i just used the take photo option to take the photo. I sent one, but thank fuck i noticed i could see my naked reflection in the machine before i sent the second photo!! Massive panic moment. I quickly checked the previously sent image, but the angle obscured my reflection. Fuck me!!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Got it for a good price as they have now released the V3 model. $3800 but this machine will be pumping out incredible coffee 10+ years from now.
I’ve had mine for 8 years and the thing has never missed a beat - I paid something similar and could easily recoup half that.

Compared to half the shit I blow money on, this is easily one of my best and wisest investments!

Love it mate!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Got it for a good price as they have now released the V3 model. $3800 but this machine will be pumping out incredible coffee 10+ years from now.
Also, mine takes about 10mins to heat the boilers in the morning, not sure if yours has a timer but a smart plug for $30 let’s me schedule it to come on at 5.30am each morning, game changer for me to get up and make a brew first thing.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve had mine for 8 years and the thing has never missed a beat - I paid something similar and could easily recoup half that.

Compared to half the shit I blow money on, this is easily one of my best and wisest investments!

Love it mate!
Absolutely agree. Buy quality, cry once. And like you say, the resale value 10 years later could easily be close to half of what i paid if i keep it mint condition, which i will.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And one last thing, if you want to go next level coffee nerdy, watch some James Hoffman videos on YouTube, I’m obsessed with that guy - fucking legend!