THE COACH WE NEED !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While your account may be accurate, i think its somewhat harsh. The super league war was a horrible period of time for the game. It tore the heart out of most clubs. The whole game went bat shit crazy and a lot of rediculous shit happened.
I was gutted that they left, but i can understand why they did. They were current nsw, australian and NZ players and they wanted to keep playing rep football, and earn a bigger contract for it.
I loved those guys as Bulldogs players and was also gutted when we lost them (Pay was my favourite player at the time) but I wouldn't say it's harsh.

I understand it was a lot of money but that was what it was all about and they were prepared to go to court to leave the club even though their new contracts were pretty good. While no one would blink an eyelid now, we were still transitioning into the modern professional era back then so It was a big deal. It was a great time for the players in terms of contracts going up to another level plus the sign on fees on top of that.

Most teams were okay and lost a couple of players here and there to new teams, but still kept the majority of their players. We were the only existing team that was decimated and that was because it got very personal between Moore and Arthurson.

Anyway I had forgiven them but lets not sugarcoat it. Have to say 98 was great revenge. Even the great Bullfrog dudded us once when we had Scott Hill and Brett Kimmorley coming here before he arranged for them to go to Melbourne instead to help the new franchise succeed.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just throw Canterbury Leagues & all the kebabs in Belmore at Bellamy.. thats all we need

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I think we should sign the Walker brothers.
They would change the way the game is played for the better.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not just an old name but an understanding of the modern game and how it has evolved.
Look how fast Folkes and Moore became out-dated.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The coach we need is someone
* who is proud to be part of the club he is coaching
* who has faith in all his squad in all grades
* that support individual player brilliance as well as game structure
* a couch that rewards the great and loyal players not release them
Someone that would be...Proud to be a bulldog
Management...
Is it to much to ask for ???

At the same time loyalty can go too far and in Haslers case I think he showed way too much loyalty with some players.

Players in my opinion that had way too many chances and should have been dropped way before they were not resigned were

Sam perrett
Mitch brown
Jonothon wright
Even josh renoylds

So many more players he actually showed way too much loyalty sometimes

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems like a good coach should be able to have tactical nous and be a good man manager. I always thought Des was up there with the best on the latter. However time has shown his tactical grip on the game has somewhat diminished.

Dymock and pay are unknown. But they seem like they know how to play that style that the dogs need.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I loved those guys as Bulldogs players and was also gutted when we lost them (Pay was my favourite player at the time) but I wouldn't say it's harsh.

I understand it was a lot of money but that was what it was all about and they were prepared to go to court to leave the club even though their new contracts were pretty good. While no one would blink an eyelid now, we were still transitioning into the modern professional era back then so It was a big deal. It was a great time for the players in terms of contracts going up to another level plus the sign on fees on top of that.

Most teams were okay and lost a couple of players here and there to new teams, but still kept the majority of their players. We were the only existing team that was decimated and that was because it got very personal between Moore and Arthurson.

Anyway I had forgiven them but lets not sugarcoat it. Have to say 98 was great revenge. Even the great Bullfrog dudded us once when we had Scott Hill and Brett Kimmorley coming here before he arranged for them to go to Melbourne instead to help the new franchise succeed.
Who was coaching Melbourne at the time? Opes

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the same time loyalty can go too far and in Haslers case I think he showed way too much loyalty with some players.

Players in my opinion that had way too many chances and should have been dropped way before they were not resigned were

Sam perrett
Mitch brown
Jonothon wright
Even josh renoylds

So many more players he actually showed way too much loyalty sometimes
I was told the reason we signed Sam Perrett was because we really wanted his brother Lloyd & it was a sweetener. We have done it several times in the past too e.g. Armits, Millards to name 2.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was told the reason we signed Sam Perrett was because we really wanted his brother Lloyd & it was a sweetener. We have done it several times in the past too e.g. Armits, Millards to name 2.

I personally think it's why we went for woods just to lure Tedesco even though they are not brothers they are good mates but when Tedesco fell through they thought hey wtf current origin prop.

I'm actually excited about woods coming over

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think it's why we went for woods just to lure Tedesco even though they are not brothers they are good mates but when Tedesco fell through they thought hey wtf current origin prop.

I'm actually excited about woods coming over
Me too.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want a coach with only 8 fingers. Considering most of the candidates that have been thrown around still have 10, I expect the successful applicant to remove two fingers to show their commitment to the club. Nothing less will suffice for me. If none of the current applicants chose to remove fingers we might just have to pick someone from Tasmania.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say that I don't buy this culture shit. We have to get the best man for the job who can work with players and competent selfless administrators.This doesn't mean have their DNA

Yes Des had to go and Pay maybe the answer but not because he bleeds blue & white.

Diversification is the key to survival. An Inbred culture can be very limiting and we'll not evolve. Parra showed this time and time again in their front office.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One of the most important attributes for any coach is to evolve into the modern day coach, with modern methods.
The 2005 style of coaching is dead and buried now. Supercoach did not evolve.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Really??
Lloyd is shit!

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the most important attributes for any coach is to evolve into the modern day coach, with modern methods.
The 2005 style of coaching is dead and buried now. Supercoach did not evolve.
Yes Bellamy and Bennet are great exponents of this . After 2012 GF, I thought Hasler would adapt and evolve. Did not happen, we all paid the price for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.