Is it to much to ask for ???

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Part of the reason ive short listed Dymock and Pay is they are bulldogs and both have enough coaching background to not be bad coaches.

They both played in the 1995 GF win with the best dog of all Lamb at the end of his career. They might make a good pairing of coach / assistant coach. Definitely wont have to look far for passion for the club from either of them, and that will rub off on the players.

Ahh the memories, remember this 95 GF team? Theres some of them in my sig pic after the game. My favourite year and team since being a fan and i was a teenager and dogs supporter through the entire 80s.

Fullback Rod SILVA
Wing Jason WILLIAMS
Centre John TIMU
Centre Matthew RYAN
Wing Daryl HALLIGAN
Five-Eighth Terry LAMB (c)
Halfback Craig POLLA-MOUNTER
Front Row Darren BRITT
Hooker Jason HETHERINGTON
Front Row Dean PAY
Second Row Steve PRICE
Second Row Simon GILLIES
Lock Jim DYMOCK
Bench Jason SMITH
Bench Glen HUGHES
Bench Mitch NEWTON

Coach Chris ANDERSON
(Ex bulldogs player like Folkes, Pay, Dymock)

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The coach we need is someone
* who is proud to be part of the club he is coaching
* who has faith in all his squad in all grades
* that support individual player brilliance as well as game structure
* a couch that rewards the great and loyal players not release them
Someone that would be...Proud to be a bulldog
Management...
I would have thought that was the standard job description for any coach. What we also need is a proven track record in recruiting and development; and a determination to bring out the best with the troops we have. I want a coach who takes each game personally - the same as every fan who pays to watch their team.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett Kimmorley would be a great coach, he had success witht he Bulldogs all be it with out winning a premiership and is a great analyst of the game and has football smarts ...

PAY & DYMOCK have both been playing brides maids for as long as i can remember. Both keep getting mentioned as having an understating of the Bulldogs "culture" but i remember both were part of the dirtiest player-club bust-up. Days before the ‘April Fool’s Day’ cloak-and-dagger signing spree of the weekend of April 1, 1995, the signed ‘Star League’ (News’ working title) contracts as the Bulldogs, en block, committed to News as part of a series of secret signing sprees.

They later had second thoughts and tried to escape the commitments, claiming they signed under duress. A bitter legal battle ensued, after the four had already agreed to sign the Eels for a whopping $7.6 million covering four or five year contracts – Pay, Smith and Dymock on $400,00 a year and McCracken on $500,000.

On December 21, the Bulldogs players won their case. They’d already joined the Eels in training but could not wear team colours until Canterbury had formally released them.
As much as Pay and Dymock are part of the Bulldogs past great era's one should not forget their dog acts when constantly associating "Bulldogs culture" with the pair.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They stayed long enough to win a premiership so happy enough with that. They do know the culture better than any other option for coach. Dymock fillin coached us halfway into a season before Des for more wins than losses. Pay has coached in more situations than Jim including origin, so might be more experienced. Together they are worth a shot at least. Anything will be better than more Desball whatever happens

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Part of the reason ive short listed Dymock and Pay is they are bulldogs and both have enough coaching background to not be bad coaches.

They both played in the 1995 GF win with the best dog of all Lamb at the end of his career. They might make a good pairing of coach / assistant coach. Definitely wont have to look far for passion for the club from either of them, and that will rub off on the players.

Ahh the memories, remember this 95 GF team? Theres some of them in my sig pic after the game. My favourite year and team since being a fan and i was a teenager and dogs supporter through the entire 80s.

Fullback Rod SILVA
Wing Jason WILLIAMS
Centre John TIMU
Centre Matthew RYAN
Wing Daryl HALLIGAN
Front Row Darren BRITT
Front Row Dean PAY
Second Row Steve PRICE
Second Row Simon GILLIES
Lock Jim DYMOCK
Bench Jason SMITH
Bench Glen HUGHES
Bench Mitch NEWTON

Coach Chris ANDERSON
The 1995 GF winning team is my favourite ever Bulldogs team also

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett Kimmorley would be a great coach, he had success witht he Bulldogs all be it with out winning a premiership and is a great analyst of the game and has football smarts ...

PAY & DYMOCK have both been playing brides maids for as long as i can remember. Both keep getting mentioned as having an understating of the Bulldogs "culture" but i remember both were part of the dirtiest player-club bust-up. Days before the ‘April Fool’s Day’ cloak-and-dagger signing spree of the weekend of April 1, 1995, the signed ‘Star League’ (News’ working title) contracts as the Bulldogs, en block, committed to News as part of a series of secret signing sprees.

They later had second thoughts and tried to escape the commitments, claiming they signed under duress. A bitter legal battle ensued, after the four had already agreed to sign the Eels for a whopping $7.6 million covering four or five year contracts – Pay, Smith and Dymock on $400,00 a year and McCracken on $500,000.

On December 21, the Bulldogs players won their case. They’d already joined the Eels in training but could not wear team colours until Canterbury had formally released them.
As much as Pay and Dymock are part of the Bulldogs past great era's one should not forget their dog acts when constantly associating "Bulldogs culture" with the pair.
While your account may be accurate, i think its somewhat harsh. The super league war was a horrible period of time for the game. It tore the heart out of most clubs. The whole game went bat shit crazy and a lot of rediculous shit happened.
I was gutted that they left, but i can understand why they did. They were current nsw, australian and NZ players and they wanted to keep playing rep football, and earn a bigger contract for it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They stayed long enough to win a premiership so happy enough with that. They do know the culture better than any other option for coach. Dymock fillin coached us halfway into a season before Des for more wins than losses. Pay has coached in more situations than Jim including origin, so might be more experienced. Together they are worth a shot at least. Anything will be better than more Desball whatever happens
I agree. Id love to see kimmorley come in as halves coach too.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree. Id love to see kimmorley come in as halves coach too.
Yeh he could add value. Doubt BK is ready to head coach, he has less experience than both Pay and Dymock, but he sure may help the halves, and would improve our kick chase game. He was the best kick chaser (his own kicks) we have had in a long time.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The coach we need is someone
* who is proud to be part of the club he is coaching
* who has faith in all his squad in all grades
* that support individual player brilliance as well as game structure
Someone that would be...Proud to be a bulldog
Management...
Must Not:

- wear harry potter glasses
- have a mullet
- base everything on stats
- be a former school teacher

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Our new coach should not have a mental disability, nor a speech impediment..
You are not fkn wrong. I hated watching Des at pressers. I used to get jealous watching other team's coaches at pressers, the way they spoke so fluently and normally. Des was like constipation. Trying hard to push those words out, but its slow going.

Reactions: GDR

silva

Utility
Reaction score

Fullback Rod SILVA
Wing Jason WILLIAMS
Centre John TIMU
Centre Matthew RYAN
Wing Daryl HALLIGAN
Front Row Darren BRITT
Front Row Dean PAY
Second Row Steve PRICE
Second Row Simon GILLIES
Lock Jim DYMOCK
Bench Jason SMITH
Bench Glen HUGHES
Bench Mitch NEWTON

Coach Chris ANDERSON
How good was mitch newton...an unsung hero if you ask me

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SO-FA I've got a list of couches that might work.
- Freedom Furniture's Andersen 3 Seat Leather
- King Furniture's Reo Recliner
- Sofas2Go's Calibre Leather Modular
- Nick Scali's Luigi

upload_2017-9-22_20-11-15.png

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
A new coach should tell the players to stop looking happy & socializing with the opposition on the field after a loss.
Just fucking shake hands and walk off.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's a pretty good account of a bad time that broke up a very good team. The only thing I would add to that is they never had any second thoughts about their rich new Star League contracts with the Bulldogs until the ARL & Arthurson trying to break up our team offered them the ridiculously good amount of money you mentioned. There were also huge sign on fees flying around at the time.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are not fkn wrong. I hated watching Des at pressers. I used to get jealous watching other team's coaches at pressers, the way they spoke so fluently and normally. Des was like constipation. Trying hard to push those words out, but its slow going.
It's pretty hard to command respect if you can't even construct a sentence..

Status
Not open for further replies.