The Castle has fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whoever we get as a replacement will probably be another hand puppet on a hiding to nothing that will allow Des the dictator to rule with impunity.

We need a proper footballing CEO who will stand up to the coach and board and make decisions for themselves. But I can't see that happening.

Either way we can't hire people like Noad or Castle who have no idea about football and who were placed in those roles as PR stunts to appease the NRL. We need someone who will take it to the NRL and put the club first for once instead of trying to be transparent that we're playing by the rules when clearly none of the successful clubs are in relation to the cap etc.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
No surprises tbh then again it won't matter who is in role Des will still be running the show.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well well well what can I say, team changing, CEO changed now. What's next, board? Please change ray Dib asap

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ding Ding! Now let's get some football brains in there please

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know mate, just being cheeky...but honestly there is not a single person on the board of either club that doesn't have the best interests of the team at heart. We can disagree with some of their decisions but they put a lot of their time into working through what is a complex set of issues to come up with what they believe is the best option. Dib isn't doing it for the money - he's got plenty of that. He's doing it because he wants us to succeed. Same with all of them. People forget, one of our most successful and beloved coaches was a bloke who never put on a boot for the Dogs. In fact he played for our arch enemies the Dragons. You don't have to bleed in the jersey to want to give your all for it.
Hope what I say here is not too confusing. I liked this post even though there is a part of me that does not fully agree with all of it. Can't put my finger on exactly how I feel about the best interests at heart part because at times it seems like there is an agenda there.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder which old Dog will take over?

N

Natboy

We need someone with balls to stand up to Des and scum dib.
I am not referring to her sex, I mean it as figure of speech before someone like Oatley dog gets teary

Last edited by a moderator:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meh.

And replaced with whom? And why would this person be any better?

I think no matter who gets the job, it appears that they will have to suck up to the board and not be able to think for themselves - that is not a good thing.
This is the big question and I am tipping that no matter what the board members say in relation to giving the club time to find someone they will have a plan in place. The Indians have been circling the wagon for a while I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.