The Castle has fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you can blame Dib, they tried to stay out of it but after the colossal fuck up that was last season the board started stepping in, they had enough
can you at least tell us what plodman is on ??

or will the kennel erupt ??

N

Natboy

Don't know if you can blame Dib, they tried to stay out of it but after the colossal fuck up that was last season the board started stepping in, they had enough
I was of the understanding he's a power hungry micro-managing, lying, sneaky piece of shit who likes to dictate the way things are to people.

In saying that, I haven't met the bloke but look forward to giving him a mouthful if I do. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Plot twist: She resigned to take a job in NRL, with Greenberg taking top job from Grant.

She was reamed in Dec when the papers claimed Des was on thin ice, it was her that was the target of that meeting.

Club got sick of her palming of things onto other people and never getting things done.

She only got the job because of who she knew, not what.

Back to Netball we go!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Gotenks can confirm, I told him this about a month ago.

if people knew the details, but note that this wasn't the only reason, there's a whole truckload of stuff ups behind the scenes
I don't know what you're talking about? Hahaha.

Na can confirm @ThePCRealist90 told me about this ages ago.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
how on earth did they green light the re-signing of DES then ?? he is just as much responsible as raelene ..she may have said yes ,,, but Des made the wrong requests also !!!!.
Because Des presented a plan to the board which they approved, and one of the main reasons was Foran signing. But at the very least they've moved a lot of control out of Des's hands.
Ok I believe you but only because you didn't mention your love for kasiano .

Just on the juicy gossip why didn't you put it in rumours , imagine the respect you'd be getting right now!
Not at liberty to say everything.

can you at least tell us what plodman is on ??

or will the kennel erupt ??
Lol I'm not sure, have a suspicion but not sure.

But in saying that you can see changes, Tolman doesn't touch the ball as much as he used to last season when we're attacking.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
JUUUUIIIIICCCYYYY GOSSIP.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I knew they overpaid for Tolman and gave him way too long an extension but I find it hard to believe Hasler or the board weren't privy to the discussions at all. Especially when Tolman is Des' pet.

Also, if they really wanted (and hopefully they do) they could offload him easily to Newcastle who have tonnes of cap space, who made a run at Tolman before he re-signed and he would be perfect for their young pack.

If they really want him gone then it could easily happen. Hopefully it does as he's a great defender but offers nothing in attack and gets in the way two times a set, especially in attacking situations. Or on 4th tackle!

We have Woods, Klemmer and Graham and should offload Tolman at the first chance. Something has to give to ease the prop logjam in spite of Hasler's wet dream of 17 props playing each week.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I knew they overpaid for Tolman and gave him way too long an extension but I find it hard to believe Hasler or the board weren't privy to the discussions at all. Especially when Tolman is Des' pet.

Also, if they really wanted (and hopefully they do) they could offload him easily to Newcastle who have tonnes of cap space, who made a run at Tolman before he re-signed and who would be perfect for their young pack.

If they really want him gone then it could easily happen. Hopefully it does as he's a great defender but offers nothing in attack ad gets in the way two times a set especially in attacking situations.
That's the bit I am struggling with. The contract had to be ratified by the board before it could be signed by the CEO. Are they really suggesting she was just signing contracts willy nilly and they knew nothing about it? I accept that the advice she may have given them was not up to the mark and that ultimately the board was not satisfied, but I can't accept that the contract was signed without their knowledge. She would've been punted on the spot and the contract invalidated.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I don't believe this either, it would be an instant dismissal situation not wait until
Half way through next year.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the bit I am struggling with. The contract had to be ratified by the board before it could be signed by the CEO. Are they really suggesting she was just signing contracts willy nilly and they knew nothing about it? I accept that the advice she may have given them was not up to the mark and that ultimately the board was not satisfied, but I can't accept that the contract was signed without their knowledge. She would've been punted on the spot and the contract invalidated.
I said above that she couldn't follow simple instructions, I'll let you fill in the rest

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said above that she couldn't follow simple instructions, I'll let you fill in the rest
So if they're so irate then surely they'd be ringing Newcastle round the clock to get him over there and give us some cap relief while easing the logjam at prop?

If they had any sense that would be happening. Hopefully they do sooner rather than later.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So if they're so irate then surely they'd be ringing Newcastle round the clock to get him over there and give us some cap relief while easing the logjam at prop?

If they had any sense that would be happening. Hopefully they do sooner rather than later.
It was one of many stuff ups, it wasn't just the tolman re-signing

Status
Not open for further replies.