News The Bulldogs have a huge problem on their hands with fears star recruit Luke Thompson could cut his NRL stint short.

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score
fuck you all make out living in a cool country away from everyone is the hardest thing. no sympathy.

you have a plethora of new expereiences and adventures to do, and you have zoom and google hangout.

genuinely no sympathy here.

ppl do it every day with nothing to their name.
You tell him tough guy. Call yourself a supporter your a disgrace. I now understand why your such a divisive member of this forum. It's easy to tear someone down, all cowards are that way inclined. I hope for your sake that you have a sliver of decency,
yet I would bet my house on it.
If you ever see Luke can say this to his face.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Me too mate. I wasn’t going to write him off based on last season and I’m looking forward to his suspension being over
Shame we dont have many trials before next season (would have been perfect to have had 2-3 or a few internationals so he comes back for round 1.

But I agree with you in regards to writing him off after last season. I was sceptical, but after seeing Sonny Bill failing to fire at all, I think it was too much to ask an athlete to do what they went through. Literally 2 weeks locked in a hotel room. Then 2 weeks of running/training, and coming in to a comp that is 50-60% done. The offseason will be the best thing to happen to him, and should be ready to hit the ground running when his suspension is over

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shame we dont have many trials before next season (would have been perfect to have had 2-3 or a few internationals so he comes back for round 1.

But I agree with you in regards to writing him off after last season. I was sceptical, but after seeing Sonny Bill failing to fire at all, I think it was too much to ask an athlete to do what they went through. Literally 2 weeks locked in a hotel room. Then 2 weeks of running/training, and coming in to a comp that is 50-60% done. The offseason will be the best thing to happen to him, and should be ready to hit the ground running when his suspension is over
Fantastic comment, you are 100% correct, Luke Thompson will be and is a massive signing, he will completely dominate in the middle, mark my words, training he absolutely loves it, that was half the problem when he turned up at Belmore, the training and strength conditioning at the time was no better than when he played in the under 9s at Pilks Recs.
It came has no surprise two weeks after he started there that the lot of them was sacked, hence the week after that he was dropped by that idiot coach you had for the remainder of the season. Disgraceful 4 week suspension, need to man up over there, pure accidental fact !, oh and two tries ruled out also
No wonder there’s all these rumours about him coming home, he could walk straight into any team of his wishes, but thankfully he’s at the club of his dreams with a top coach who rates him and a increasingly strong squad, the futures bright for the Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
after seeing Sonny Bill failing to fire at all
Don’t forget also mate $BW is 10 years older than Thommo and the game with the new rules was a lot faster this year - some adjustment there.

Here’s hoping Thommo kills it in ‘21 now that he’s more settled and with many improvements at the club (after the ridiculous 4 week holiday). With England back in C-19 lockdown he’s better off here anyway (sorry @Actros :-)).

Last edited:

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t forget also mate $BW is 10 years older than Thommo and the game with the new rules was a lot faster this year - some adjustment there.

Here’s hoping Thommo kills it in ‘21 now that he’s more settled and with many improvements at the club (after the ridiculous 4 week holiday). With England back in C-19 lockdown he’s better off here anyway (sorry @Actros :-)).
I share the same name and work in families large transport company so I am allowed out being a key worker !!!, but yes your are right wtf would Luke want to come back here for especially in this bloody rain, he’s living his dream and he does love Australia in-fact I think you’ve got him for good

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I share the same name and work in families large transport company so I am allowed out being a key worker !!!, but yes your are right wtf would Luke want to come back here for especially in this bloody rain, he’s living his dream and he does love Australia in-fact I think you’ve got him for good
Same as Bupa - believe he’s settling in Sydney too when his last dance at St. Helens is done. Would be great to get him involved in the Dogs again, even if in a role to attract and settle English talent. If they’re Bulldogs, they’re Bulldogs for life :-).

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see him in our better looking squad next year.
Same here, I watched every NRL game this season after Luke signed in January, to be honest great competition
Luke will be a success especially in a improved squad, I would like the dogs to sign the no 9 Daryl Clarke from Warrington, good mate of Lukes
You’d piss the top 8 easily

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Same here, I watched every NRL game this season after Luke signed in January, to be honest great competition
Luke will be a success especially in a improved squad, I would like the dogs to sign the no 9 Daryl Clarke from Warrington, good mate of Lukes
Yeah man I think we’ll give it a red hot crack next year. Clark would be awesome too. Loves a scoot from DH lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would love to get our hands on Daryl Clarke, God knows we need a dummy half.....Daryl reminds me a lot of Damien Cook in the way he plays.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The talk about Thompson leaving the club after only a few months was always absurd. The overreactions by some about his lack of impact early weren't fair considering the fact that he had no preseason with us, was in quarantine, barely trained, had two different coaches with us and was screwed around with his minutes/role.

He showed his potential in the last few games and I can't wait til his ridiculous suspension finishes so he can build on those impressive displays after a huge preseason.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The talk about Thompson leaving the club after only a few months was always absurd. The overreactions by some about his lack of impact early weren't fair considering the fact that he had no preseason with us, was in quarantine, barely trained, had two different coaches with us and was screwed around with his minutes/role.

He showed his potential in the last few games and I can't wait til his ridiculous suspension finishes so he can build on those impressive displays after a huge preseason.
Right on brother, couldn't agree more :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Exactly and even the resident know-all here did a 180. I can’t wait to see his first few games back and believe he will improve every week

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nice to see this thread brought up now that Thommo is back and charging into what will certainly be the best pre-season the dogs have had in years. Sloppy reporting gets unnoticed way too often, but clearly plenty of us were skeptical about this report when it first came out. Every impression from Luke is that he is a stand up guy, passionate and professional, and he is here with very clear goals. When you take into consideration all the challenges that he faced last year, the evidence is that he is tough mentally as well as physically. Now that the coaching and training situation has been vastly improved, we'll start to see what he can really do. Looking forward to it.

And idiot journos should be reminded when they get things wrong.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fantastic comment, you are 100% correct, Luke Thompson will be and is a massive signing, he will completely dominate in the middle, mark my words, training he absolutely loves it, that was half the problem when he turned up at Belmore, the training and strength conditioning at the time was no better than when he played in the under 9s at Pilks Recs.
It came has no surprise two weeks after he started there that the lot of them was sacked, hence the week after that he was dropped by that idiot coach you had for the remainder of the season. Disgraceful 4 week suspension, need to man up over there, pure accidental fact !, oh and two tries ruled out also
No wonder there’s all these rumours about him coming home, he could walk straight into any team of his wishes, but thankfully he’s at the club of his dreams with a top coach who rates him and a increasingly strong squad, the futures bright for the Dogs
Good to see you back again Actros :grinning:

It was all up to Thommo to do his talking on the field and he did that in his last 2 games in particular.

Just hope Baz picks him in the frontrow where he obviously shines.

Article says his GF just arrived. Can you confirm? :grinning: