News The Bulldogs have a huge problem on their hands with fears star recruit Luke Thompson could cut his NRL stint short.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good to see you back again Actros :grinning:

It was all up to Thommo to do his talking on the field and he did that in his last 2 games in particular.

Just hope Baz picks him in the frontrow where he obviously shines.

Article says his GF just arrived. Can you confirm? :grinning:
Yeh I follow him on insta and his Mrs is def here. Although i think she got out of quarantine weeks ago. He really looks to be living it up in Sydney.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeh I follow him on insta and his Mrs is def here. Although i think she got out of quarantine weeks ago. He really looks to be living it up in Sydney.
Cool thanks for that. Good to see those issues were resolved for him.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm anticipating a very good season from him after his strong finish of the past season. He finally found his groove after perhaps not sure of his exact role as our marquee forward.
I think the initial criticism was more out of fear of the same old of past and present big money forwards who failed to deliver. I.e. T Rex, Woods and Napa.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well there's only one resident know-all......Beastmode
Nasheed acts like one but he's just a pest
I remember telling Luke that I’d joined this forum in July/ Aug and that Beastmode had started a thread on here that he was a fraud, he was fuming !, probably one of the worse comments you could call him, after Luke trying to explain his excuses about his play etc etc. how shite the background staff were and the training systems, unfit players, the list goes on... he then went out and smashed it in his last couple of matches, so Beastmode take a bow but then again your to blame why he got a 4 match ban for trying too hard to please

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good to see you back again Actros :grinning:

It was all up to Thommo to do his talking on the field and he did that in his last 2 games in particular.

Just hope Baz picks him in the frontrow where he obviously shines.

Article says his GF just arrived. Can you confirm? :grinning:
Yeah Megan is over there now loving it !, Lukes been out all over doing his fishing and glad to be back in training with the boys

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember telling Luke that I’d joined this forum in July/ Aug and that Beastmode had started a thread on here that he was a fraud, he was fuming !, probably one of the worse comments you could call him, after Luke trying to explain his excuses about his play etc etc. how shite the background staff were and the training systems, unfit players, the list goes on... he then went out and smashed it in his last couple of matches, so Beastmode take a bow but then again your to blame why he got a 4 match ban for trying too hard to please
Keen to know how different the new regime is compared with last year. From the outside looking in it would appear the difference is substantial.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think players gave a rats ass about the opinions of fans.

His first few games were a little underwhelming but he finished off the season strongly - you could see the class in him and why he is a test player. Originally I had my doubts after the first few games but after the way he finished the season I'm convinced he'll be one of our best forwards next year. As you said even Beastwood changed his tune

When we eventually make the GF, I'll create a new account and start hammering him and maybe you can pass it on to him to use as extra motivation since it seems to work on him.

So when Luke first arrived did he notice the squad was unfit (compared to St Helens)?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All good mate. Most of us see Thommo’s absolute potential and can’t wait for him to give it deluxe to our dismal rivals in 2021.

As for the protagonist who said he was a fraud, well he also said he wanted our club to fold (more than once) over certain recruitment news. Sad really.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah Megan is over there now loving it !, Lukes been out all over doing his fishing and glad to be back in training with the boys
Great to hear that. Bodes well for the club, player and us supporters.

Looking after players like family was all part of our clubs heritage and served us well in the past. So good to believe that is front of mind again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Keen to know how different the new regime is compared with last year. From the outside looking in it would appear the difference is substantial.
I know we are jumping the gun early lol (I know I did with Dean Pay) but this set up is vastly superior.

We are being included in club news and rumours and treated like we matter. That's incredibly important to a club trying to recapture our glory days.

It's lead to a sense of ownership and inclusiveness in the club again from fans. We are all more invested in participating in the future success and more positive about supporting our boys out there on the field.

We will not be down for that much longer and can see sensible recruitment and competent people who can make things happen.

It won't happen overnight but it will happen.
Yes we'll whinge and complain but there's a constructive way forward now for the club and in the back of our minds, we need to remember that when we have scoreline set backs.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hahaha that’s great mate. If Luke saw him he’d crack up laughing trust me. You’ll be blocked now like I was after proving him wrong on a few topics :grinning: Please reassure Luke that most bulldog fans support him 100% and appreciate what he has gone through to play for our team. Even though he’s been paid very well it can’t have been easy, particularly worrying about family back in the old dart etc

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
One of the worst...hmm..What's the worst? He might go all Shrek vs Gibbs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I'm stoked he's doing well, his last two games he looked like a different player and i can't wait to see more. I put my hand up and said I was an idiot and wrong, but a certain other poster on here who will remain nameless can't seem to grasp the idea that you can actually admit you were wrong and change your opinion when new information becomes available.

Anyway when's my signed poster coming? I want to hang it up next to my Baz poster on my bedroom wall :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
One of the worst...hmm..What's the worst? He might go all Shrek vs Gibbs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I'm stoked he's doing well, his last two games he looked like a different player and i can't wait to see more. I put my hand up and said I was an idiot and wrong, but a certain other poster on here who will remain nameless can't seem to grasp the idea that you can actually admit you were wrong and change your opinion when new information becomes available.

Anyway when's my signed poster coming? I want to hang it up next to my Baz poster on my bedroom wall :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The club should arrange a meet up for you with our new hero and do a feel good story about your new love interest lol.

Side story about what a fantastic motivator you are and how you have now taken on Napa and Lewis as the ultimate challenges seeing as you riled up Thommo so well and brought the best out in him lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The club should arrange a meet up for you with our new hero and do a feel good story about your new love interest lol.

Side story about what a fantastic motivator you are and how you have now taken on Napa and Lewis as the ultimate challenges seeing as you riled up Thommo so well and brought the best out in him lol.
Na no way, I can't chat shit without a keyboard ffs.