The Aerosexual Thread

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay.... THAT... was one amazing sight to witness.

You don't realise just how fast and loud these things are till you see them in action.

Made even more awesome by it being overcast, as they were literally appearing outta nowhere from the clouds and doing low pass flybys.

The cracking noise they make is friggin awesome!

1674174937071.png

1674174813599.png

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

You don't realise just how fast and loud these things are till you see them in action.

Made even more awesome by it being overcast, as they were literally appearing outta nowhere from the clouds and doing low pass flybys.

View attachment 63950

View attachment 63949
That just flew over pearl beach couldn't see it hear it and it jammed flight radar

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That just flew over pearl beach couldn't see it hear it and it jammed flight radar

View attachment 63950

View attachment 63949
Where yoy located?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but most screens now have angle filters so unless you’re sitting directly in front, lean over someone’s shoulder or stand up to look at the seat in front of you, it’s not like the content is jumping out at you. Also as airlines add better connectivity people are streaming from the internet so it’s a zero sum game for airlines to spend money on editing content these days - they’re more likely just to leave a controversial title out of their line-up and risk getting a complaint letter from a customer with nothing else to do.
I've never been able to get the Virgin streaming service to work on my phone. It's a basic Samsung model. When I scan the barcode on the plane, it brings up the streaming menu, but nothing happens when I select play. I just listen to my ipod instead, or do some of my pre tour paperwork.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've never been able to get the Virgin streaming service to work on my phone. It's a basic Samsung model. When I scan the barcode on the plane, it brings up the streaming menu, but nothing happens when I select play. I just listen to my ipod instead, or do some of my pre tour paperwork.
You should be able to use local streaming / entertainment (content stored onboard) if it’s not a device issue, especially as now it’s done through the browser and you don’t require an app. Despite the spin, the reality is VA’s internet streaming isn’t great and inferior to what QF have domestically. Unfortunately they’ve selected the same tech for new MAXes arriving this year too - which is odd given there’s better choices in the market. Must’ve got too good a deal from the exisiting vendor coming out of administration. Screw what the customers want :-).