The Aerosexual Thread

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SYD is equal home to the largest number of A380 operators alongside LHR - namely: QF, EK, SQ, EY, QR, falling from outright top spot when CS withdrew its A380’s and having periodical visits from MH and OZ. Anyone else remember another operator to SYD? Pretty sure TG and KE never bought theirs here…

Does etihad still fly theirs here?

I flew to Greece last June and it was a 777 to Abu Dhabi and then a shitty little A320 to Athens.

Was appalled at their choice of aircraft and they dropped down my list of top airlines.

Real disappointment, and I let loose when thry emailed me for feedback

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Does etihad still fly theirs here?

I flew to Greece last June and it was a 777 to Abu Dhabi and then a shitty little A320 to Athens.

Was appalled at their choice of aircraft and they dropped down my list of top airlines.

Real disappointment, and I let loose when thry emailed me for feedback
They dropped the 380 during the Rona but it’s back a couple of days a week, more as they being more back into service. You’re spot on about their feet disparity - I flew their A380 to AUH a few years back and it was schmick and then got on an absolute bucket of bolts A330 to DUB - night and day product wise and likewise chose not to fly them again where a connection was involved. And ex-EY guy works with me now and he said product consistency was their biggest problem and source of customer gripes.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
A Qantas flight from Fiji to Sydney was forced to turn back mid-flight as a precaution after pilots received a report of fumes in the cabin.

It marks the airline’s fifth turnaround in the past week.

After taking off more than an hour late, the flight was diverted around 45 minutes into its journey. It headed back to Sydney where it landed safely around 90 minutes after departure.
A friend who recently holidayed in Fiji, had to wait three weeks for her luggage to turn up. Qantas sent her luggage to another country.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend who recently holidayed in Fiji, had to wait three weeks for her luggage to turn up. Qantas sent her luggage to another country.
Only three weeks that’s not bad lol
There is no excuse and very disappointing but unfortunately systems fail and people make mistakes, bags falling of trolleys and not picked up straight away is a small part of the problem.
Sometimes the driver doesn’t even know these bags have gone flying off in transit.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ryanair are installing split-scimitar winglets to all 409 (current) of their B737-800’s for a cost of $175m to reduce annual fuel burn by 65m litres and carbon emissions by 165k tonnes as part of their aim to be carbon neutral by 2050. First one just completed.

New:
6059076C-EFD5-4707-AC8E-F2C83393C229.jpeg

Old (or some aircraft have no winglets):

94FABD4D-17CF-4E04-9E1D-B3923FE8395A.jpeg

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ardern Aquatic Arena aka The Farmers Revenge :-).
Just reading a qf148 passengers had to sleep the night on the plane ,ouch not blaming Qantas on this but o/n on a 737 fuck that I can't sleep at the best of times, give me a shitty Qantas blanket and put me on the jet bridge I'd be comfortable at least, trying to hunker down next to 2 random over night fuck that,I'm having a panic attack think about it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just reading a qf148 passengers had to sleep the night on the plane ,ouch not blaming Qantas on this but o/n on a 737 fuck that I can't sleep at the best of times, give me a shitty Qantas blanket and put me on the jet bridge I'd be comfortable at least, trying to hunker down next to 2 random over night fuck that,I'm having a panic attack think about it
An hour to Melbourne in a B737 is enough.
Overnight - yikes :|.