The Aerosexual Thread

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fine. But if you take it all it’s at least your shout :-).
You have my guarantee that if I take the 80 million I'll throw a kennel BBQ that will be remembered forever (except where people get blackout drunk of course). I'll probably even throw in some TPA's to players to bring them to the dogs for next year.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone been to a 'full-on' plane graveyard? I've flown over and driven near a lot in south-west USA, but didn't pay much attention at the time, which I now regret. There's something that fascinates me about these. Disused railway lines too.

960x0.jpg

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to a 'full-on' plane graveyard? I've flown over and driven near a lot in south-west USA, but didn't pay much attention at the time, which I now regret. There's something that fascinates me about these. Disused railway lines too.

View attachment 23418
Would love to go ,believe it or not im watching youtube videos on plane graveyards rights now on youtube.,just watched one on Alice Springs now onto the big ones in the us.
Disused rail lines ahh seen a mad picture the other day im going on mission now lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

View attachment 23418
Here it is ,I know absolutely nothing about it,just was a cool as fuck picture
images.jpeg-180.jpg

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Back in the 90s a guy told me about how he had been looking into the abandoned American WWII airfields along the north west coast of Western Australia. At the end of the war whole squadrons of aircraft were wheeled into huge pits that had been dug, and covered over. In the dry conditions should still be there.

His enquiries were met with denials from government officials that these bases ever existed - even though he and his mates had taken aerial photos of the locations, where runways can clearly be seen.

His group wanted to be able to get hold of some of the planes and have them restored and preserved in museums for historical reasons. He ended up allegedly being put under constant surveillance, harassed and ultimately warned off persisting with the research.

It would be fascinating to get some action going on the subject. If true there could be wealth of historical aircraft from the period, that would be better off found and preserved.

Surely it's been long enough since WWII for the secrecy aspect to have passed by now.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

View attachment 23418
Can’t tell the difference between this and the pic above. Is this @south of heaven’s backyard?? :-).

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

View attachment 23418
I like old graves also lol went out last week end.
20210418_130607_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like old graves also lol went out last week end.
View attachment 23424
You learn a lot from cemeteries. Go to any town, and look at the names on the headstones and cenotaphs, then see how many are also street names.

The architecture of old cemeteries is amazing. Places like Highgate in London, or Paris' Pere Lachaise are fantastic to wander through.

I f you like this sort of stuff - check out "Hollywood Graveyard" on Youtube - it's very well done. And "Ask a Mortician" is also great for the background stuff.

I had a mate who worked at a crematorium - he let me visit the furnace room, and see the whole process a few times. Really interesting; and not macabre in any way. The architecture of old crematoria is fascinating too. The 125 year old Fresh Pond Crematory in New York was used in the series Boardwalk Empire; and the Pere Lachaise crematorium has appeared in a few horror movies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here it is ,I know absolutely nothing about it,just was a cool as fuck picture
View attachment 23419
That's an old Soviet railcar set. The photo looks like it's been worked a bit.

If you want to see an amazing bit of abandoned rail infrastructure, check out the Cincinnati Subway. It was built and never used.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is atop a Qantas B737-800 at SYD.
I was involved in the project to deliver Wi-Fi onboard Qantas domestic flights that pax get for free. So next time you stream a Bulldogs game on Kayo as you’re flying Qantas: you’re welcome :-).
View attachment 20111
Nasheed here,
Wifi never works On planes. It’s like ten mins then it cuts out yo.

whast the best plane to fly on? Qatar?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Airlines that went with first gen tech wasted their money. It’s different now. On Qantas domestic you can stream for free. Next gen tech won’t be global, especially on long haul for another ~two years but it’s getting there. Airlines in the US, Australia and to a lesser extent Europe and Asia (but growing) have sorted it out for domestic / shorter haul. Same deal for ships which will improve the current expensive crap.

Best Wi-Fi for now is in the US but that will soon change too. Qatar etc have good cabins and other products but not good Wi-Fi - not yet. But they will get it when a couple more puzzle pieces click together.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Qatar,and emirates just done the first fully vaccinated flights although they were just joy flights its good to see airlines pushing ways to get going again.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I prefer to fly Singapore Air; used them every time I flew to Switzerland, and that was about 16 times in six years. Their service is exceptional, especially if you fly Premium Economy or Business. But most airlines have a high standard.

I used Qantas for my Japan tours, and found that the 747s they use on that run were a bit old and tired, and not everything worked as it should.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an old Soviet railcar set. The photo looks like it's been worked a bit.

If you want to see an amazing bit of abandoned rail infrastructure, check out the Cincinnati Subway. It was built and never used.

I've read up a bit on the Cincinnati subway. Really interesting stuff. For anyone interested, here's a pretty good article that has a few cool photos and YouTube links.