The Aerosexual Thread

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Possibly no better sound
Possibly?? :tearsofjoy:.
No wonder those things were banned from plane stations globally - noise and emissions off the charts. I took my life in my hands once flying on a Soviet era aircraft (Tu-154) from Tokyo to Vladivostok. Actually make that twice - the first time and the last time! :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
aircrash investigation
I need to update my collection. I’ve got S1-11 in a box set but need the newer ones. Great show, not for the morbid aspects but the lessons learned in how to avoid the same mistakes happening again - be they technical or human factors.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possibly?? :tearsofjoy:.
No wonder those things were banned from plane stations globally - noise and emissions off the charts. I took my life in my hands once flying on a Soviet era aircraft (Tu-154) from Tokyo to Vladivostok. Actually make that twice - the first time and the last time! :-).
No fucking way ......I want to go on one lol and I just bought a tu154 ( amongst other things on gumtree) just yesterday getting shipped from Perth lol.
Resized_20210430_091600.jpeg

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need to update my collection. I’ve got S1-11 in a box set but need the newer ones. Great show, not for the morbid aspects but the lessons learned in how to avoid the same mistakes happening again - be they technical or human factors.
Exactly the lessons learned are valuable from pitot tube covers to shitty second hand bolts or Russian pilots letting their kids take control

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No fucking way ......I want to go on one lol and I just bought a tu154 ( amongst other things on gumtree) just yesterday getting shipped from Perth lol.
View attachment 23713
Yeah mate. It was ~2004 and I had a quick opportunity so I did it. Only about a 1 hour flight and she was a bit shaky but ticked it off the aerosexual’s bucket list to fly on a Soviet airliner. A weird way to go from Tokyo to Seoul but I was on the A320 out of Vladivostok :-).

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah mate. It was ~2004 and I had a quick opportunity so I did it. Only about a 1 hour flight and she was a bit shaky but ticked it off the aerosexual’s bucket list to fly on a Soviet airliner. A weird way to go from Tokyo to Seoul but I was on the A320 out of Vlodivistok :-).
It spins me out its just a quick jump from Japan to Russia, to south Korea, I would love to do that loop
What's Vladivostok like? Would it be worth it for example if in Japan to go over for a few days for a look?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It spins me out its just a quick jump from Japan to Russia, to south Korea, I would love to do that loop
What's Vladivostok like? Would it be worth it for example if in Japan to go over for a few days for a look?
It’s a port town, quite Asian influenced being a stones throw from China, Japan and the Koreas. Quite different from ‘Europe’ Russia ie: Moscow/St. Pete’s. I found the locals more relaxed in Vlad (well, as unwound as Russians get :-)) and although there’s nothing hugely spectacular about it, the loop is fascinating going from modern yet conservative Japan to cussing cab drivers in Vlad (where the road rules are only a suggestion) and then back to the west in Seoul with three very different languages and cultures in 3 days. Wish I had a photo of the actual Tu-154 I flew on but it was before the days of iPhone/iCloud and I lost a lot of pics on the way. Had to lift this one from Wikipedia, which is close to my first class experience of Vladivostok Air (which no longer exists).
255035A3-1215-46A0-A6D5-967FD6013354.jpeg

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a wonderful flight!
The seats are comfortable, the movie was great, the food was good and the wine just right,
and as for the in-flight service, top-notch!
You've moved the seat back to the upright position and fastened your belt and we're
all but ten minutes away from touchdown.
That's when you notice this funny little noise coming from just outside your window
so you take a quick peek, and...

1619915031215.png

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a tour from China to North Korea every year pretty cheap and fly in on air koryo on soviet planes go into North Korea and fly on a bunch of soviet planes .would kinda like to do it ( post covid times)
But its not the old soviet planes that scare me its the other shit