The Aerosexual Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance @DinkumDog @south of heaven but do you put the planes together - as in a crafts type of thing - or purchase replicas for display? An expensive hobby?
Some are solid diecast, some plastics snap fit ( putting wings engines on and landing gear ect) the pictures I've shown are all pretty much assembled, I do do molding kits where everything is put together by hand and painted yourself, I'm still working on my airbrushing before I'm game enough to post a finished product.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also price ,can be absolutely stupid expensive for diecast planes high end 747 can be around $300 ,I hunt around ebay gumtree ect for bargains, you can also grab a pretty detailed resin and plastic 747 for under $50 which 99% including me of people wouldn't know the difference in a nice display case,
I stick with my Qantas is expensive high end stuff but other carriers ill bulk up with cheapies,
I'm still learning the ins and outs myself and by no means am I an expert

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No ignorance mate.
I have built a couple but most of my collection are gifts from clients so I can’t take credit :-).
Some are solid diecast, some plastics snap fit ( putting wings engines on and landing gear ect) the pictures I've shown are all pretty much assembled, I do do molding kits where everything is put together by hand and painted yourself, I'm still working on my airbrushing before I'm game enough to post a finished product.
Thanks for the info fellas.
Sounds like a lot of work but very rewarding and a great hobby!
Lots of patience and steady hands I'd imagine.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info fellas.
Sounds like a lot of work but very rewarding and a great hobby!
Lots of patience and steady hands I'd imagine.
Whatever you can fuck up in modelling I've fucked it up,some shit these professionals do is insane. You get some parts that are never seen in a cockpit 1mm big and people detail it im not that committed

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mardi gra week would of made a killing ,I don't think I'd would of liked the inflight cocktails though
True story, Air NZ used to run a ‘pink flight’ from SFO to SYD every year for Mardi Gras. They had an inflight disco / fashion show and the entertainment system had ‘themed’ music and movies and the crew dressed up too. Was sold out every year months before. Huge boost to the NSW economy. Disclaimer: no I did not go on it (not that there’s anything wrong with that), just knew about it through people in the biz :-).

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True story, Air NZ used to run a ‘pink flight’ from SFO to SYD every year for Mardi Gras. They had an inflight disco / fashion show and the entertainment system had ‘themed’ music and movies and the crew dressed up too. Was sold out every year months before. Huge boost to the NSW economy. Disclaimer: no I did not go on it (not that there’s anything wrong with that), just knew about it through people in the biz :-).
I just watched a video on it lol there's 3 dudes who booked the flight unaware what it was look how uncomfortable they look
[/URL]

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got to challenge for you I want to stump you on a train related question, ( I doubt i will) without internet assistance
Who is Mr Minoru Mukaiya and what does he do?
No. You stumped me. I had to google him. Train simulators are not my thing.

When I go on live radio, the topic has been pre-arranged, but I get questions from listeners about anything rail related, without notice - so far I haven't been stumped; but the day will come.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We used to hire out steam loco 3801 to the organisers of the Mardi Gras. We ran a return trip to Kiama the day after the parade. They were still partying from the previous night, but were good clients - did their own catering, and cleaned up after themselves. They have a lot of rich people in their ranks.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No. You stumped me. I had to google him. Train simulators are not my thing.

When I go on live radio, the topic has been pre-arranged, but I get questions from listeners about anything rail related, without notice - so far I haven't been stumped; but the day will come.
Yeah his written over 200 jingles for stations in Japan so every time you on a station in Japan and thst 7 second song is on ,its him