The Aboriginal all star vs nrl all star thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
Good concept, I agree CK- but it should be played as any other match not a sounding board for half assed ideas. Also, love it or hate it, composing a team entirely of one racial type is bound to be divisive, hardly in the spirit of reconciliation. That said, if played under normal rules it would be a very evenly matched game.
see i reckon it's the best place to test those ideas, you have a game played in the competitive spirit (unlike trials) but ultimately means nothing.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon both you guys should do a Ruddy and just say sorry and reconcile..

YES??
no need to reconcile mate we just have differing opinions on the direction of a thread we're still buddies

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ck i understand where your coming from but 'm not sure if you understand where i am, i think this thread demonstrates how much division an event like this can cause when you basically have a government sanctioned segregation which is encouraging people to choose a side to follow, how people acted in this thread is no worse then the majority of this forum act when the dogs play. i think you will find most of us who participated in the thread are against the actual idea of the game and used the thread as a way to show how ridiculous it is and are in no way racist against our fellow countrymen.
this is a good post, i read it twice tbh:p

Fine with me. Like I said "double-standards".

That would be "Indonesian Govt" and "Indian protestors calling Australians racists".
And yes ... hate them both.

Besides - They dont play footy :p
well i like aboriginal people, but the whole night had a patronising attitude to it and thats what i dont like

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Let me drag this back into sane territory ...

• Morris looked good.
• Buddy looked good too.
• Soward frightens me.
• Burgess was very impressive.
• The former 1st-grade-player-come-ref did well.
• Hayne played sh*t.
• Marshall likewise x2.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

no need to reconcile mate we just have differing opinions on the direction of a thread we're still buddies
This is true - Why I've recommended Luke gets a raise three times now ! :becky:

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
lol when soward scored i was hoping someone would pop outta the crowd and absolutely collect him tbh lolol

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems with the game besides the bloody wardance. Fair enough celebrate your culture by dancing, but that was lame.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good on them, for a long time the blacks were treated like crap in their own country and sure they still struggle with a lot of social problems but the Abbo players tonight have set a good example for the people they represent and showed anything can be achieved no matter what your heritage is.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me Thurston was MOM

Others to really impress were Burgess & Jennings

Benji will be why the Tigers wont ever be serious contenders

Hayne is good but not 500K good LOL @ Parra

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm struggling as well at the moment elise, what do they expect putting on a game with blacks vs whites, its more divisive then positive if you ask me
vatuvey (or whatever his name is) and jennings are white are they?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cringeworthy Kev was bloody patronising I thought with his speech. Oh and the whole "it wasn't us politicians but the hearts of every Australian", was sickening to the inner core.

I think Aboriginal communities as a whole need things like this. A group of 20 odd players, doing the right thing, playing for their culture/people, and it's now 20 heroes that Aboriginal kids and people can look up to, and hopefully those people can become more active in their communities and steer them into the right direction.

I'm 50/50 Aussie and Pom, and it's kinda sad really. A large majority of Aboriginal Australians are problematic and there is no denying their culture and communities really need help. Anything that puts/steers them in the right direction I can only see as good. Running jokes aside, the sad thing is most of the stereotypes are actually quite accurate given the average sort of community goings on.

Either way I'm making far too much sense here for once, but I think this can only be a good thing.

Next thing I'd love to see is more matches like this.
Indig Aussies vs NZ Maoris
Indig Aussies vs White Aussies

Have like a State of Origin sort of thing between different cultures.

==============

On another note, Burgess is good, but **** he's a grub. That tackle on Preston where he lifted him them elbow to the head was really uncalled for. I reckon he'll be like Keith Galloway, who has a firey temper an is easily **** stirred.

Marshall and Farrah were MIA tonight. Same as Finch to be honest.

With Lockyer gone the team fell apart, and when Smith came off it really went downhill.

I smiled at the Morris try. Smith read and kiced it well, Morris called for it, and nailed the grounding.

Hayne.. well I reckon he's a one year pony. If he played a first grade game like he did tonight, he might end up a really expensive NSW Cup player soon.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Surprised that Michael Jennings being called the Fastest NRL player at the moment didn't manage to chase down Jamie Soward.

And what a chase that was by Ferguson on Israel Falou, Israel had a big lead and Ferguson just cut him off.

Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Dogs jersey.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
I hate Krudd so much. he's such cock ***. on the plus side that game would have gotten the sport a lot of good publicity for caring about things

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love Sam Burgess. Man crush <3

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just like the haka?
The indigenous war dance just looked like a weak haka rip off. The haka has significance and means a lot to Kiwis whether they are Maori or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.