The Aboriginal all star vs nrl all star thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
The indigenous war dance just looked like a weak haka rip off. The haka has significance and means a lot to Kiwis whether they are Maori or not.
just sounded like a double standard to me.

I liked the throat slitting one, why'd they get rid of it?

i thought the spears were over the top.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Surprised that Michael Jennings being called the Fastest NRL player at the moment didn't manage to chase down Jamie Soward.

And what a chase that was by Ferguson on Israel Falou, Israel had a big lead and Ferguson just cut him off.

Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Dogs jersey.
Supposidely according to Ivan Henjack, Folau is bigger, stronger and faster than ever before. To be honest I thought Folau looked slower (which is understandable given his injury last year), not to mention his coach is hardly going to tell the media Folau has slowed down or is crap.

Ferguson is fast, and the other guy out there with pace was Preston Campbell. I never realised how quick he was, but gees he can take off.

Did Ty Williams get the ball at all during the match?

Also, why wasn't Hannant in the All Stars? Or Ryan? or Hindmarsh, or Moi Moi ??? It seemed to be the All Stars side was watered down at best from what it could have been.

Oh and another rant. Everyone was selfish and wanting to score a try with the All Stars instead of passing the ball it seemed.

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just sounded like a double standard to me.

I liked the throat slitting one, why'd they get rid of it?

i thought the spears were over the top.
No double standards mate, I don't like it when any country other than NZ performs a war dance, even Samoa. They're just trying to replicate a great tradition that should be left alone.

The throat slitting one is the kapa o pango, they tend to use that when they get disrespected ie when Channel 7 ran those ads with the handbag haka. They just use it occasionally.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Supposidely according to Ivan Henjack, Folau is bigger, stronger and faster than ever before. To be honest I thought Folau looked slower (which is understandable given his injury last year), not to mention his coach is hardly going to tell the media Folau has slowed down or is crap.

Ferguson is fast, and the other guy out there with pace was Preston Campbell. I never realised how quick he was, but gees he can take off.

Did Ty Williams get the ball at all during the match?

Also, why wasn't Hannant in the All Stars? Or Ryan? or Hindmarsh, or Moi Moi ??? It seemed to be the All Stars side was watered down at best from what it could have been.

Oh and another rant. Everyone was selfish and wanting to score a try with the All Stars instead of passing the ball it seemed.
Ty Williams barely got his hands on the ball. Didn't see much of him in the game.

Would've loved to see Hannant, Hindmarsh, Moi Moi or Stagg in the match.

Only try I liked that the NRL All Stars scored was the Josh Morris one, timed his run perfectly and with his safe hands, it was always going to be a try.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
I remembered seeing Ty Williams.

Got dragged to the sideline.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whats the big deal?

Its an exibition match, good for the game

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

ck i understand where your coming from but 'm not sure if you understand where i am, i think this thread demonstrates how much division an event like this can cause when you basically have a government sanctioned segregation which is encouraging people to choose a side to follow, how people acted in this thread is no worse then the majority of this forum act when the dogs play. i think you will find most of us who participated in the thread are against the actual idea of the game and used the thread as a way to show how ridiculous it is and are in no way racist against our fellow countrymen.

What complete BS

If you're for unity then maybe you should think twice about the crap you post, rather than make excuses for it

D

dogs_4 lyf

lol soward the scored the winner

was only happy cause it meant I won my multi fk yes

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
yay, lets segregate

lets expand on this initiative and pay Muslims vs Christians next ime around.

We need more of this imo :rolleyes:

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An Exhibition Rep game, and Farrah still couldn't cut it. Marshall is a joke with no ideas, seriously ... and what a hack Hayne was tonight trying to be the hero, holds the ball out, runs like he has the corner post in his rear, then loses possession (with bad kicks and offloads), lol, Parra fans in denial about now.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
They've also got a filthy ranga playing for them. Surely he's not more than 1% Indi?
I LOL'd when I saw the ranga on the field! HAHA. It didn't make sense to me AT ALL. He was super pasty & super ranga.. LOL.

if the game is decided by a bad referee decision, then 50 years from now we need to apologise for the stolen game
:roflol: Win!

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
BEN JONES can tell he has raised some eyebrows. Back when he represented a Queensland under-16 Indigenous side, he knew he was the subject of bemusement. Even now, he still answers questions about it, this time from the Herald.

''None of my brothers and sisters have red hair,'' he said yesterday. ''I'm the only one in the family.''

And so in the inaugural All Stars contest on the Gold Coast, Jones will be the inaugural freckle-faced red-head to represent the Indigenous side, after yesterday being called into the squad to replace Brisbane's P.J. Marsh. And he is as proud as any of his teammates.

''Mum's Aboriginal, out from the Kamilaroi tribe in north-western NSW,'' Jones said.

His background is regularly debated among teammates at Sydney Roosters, while the Herald went even further for confirmation in 2008, when both his mother, Sonia, and father, Stefan, were questioned. Then, his mum admitted to a ''bit of a surprise'' when he was born with red hair, although Dad maintained: ''It's rare, but it happens; there are more redheaded Aborigines around the place than a lot of people realise.''

In his experiences representing Indigenous sides, Jones said teammates generally ignored the colour of his hair, ''but I could tell that people were probably saying stuff in the crowd''.

Jones has studied indigenous language, sacred sites, traditional land owners, food and cultural awareness. ''When I was younger I used to get right into it,'' he said.

And when Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce told him he was in the squad yesterday, the first person he told was his mother, now in Brisbane.

''It's a massive game and a big honour,'' Jones said. ''I've been on the phone since I first found out. Mum keeps calling me every five minutes. She was so happy. She was nearly in tears. She wasn't expecting it at all - when the voting was on [during the game's selection process], she was voting for me every second day, but I didn't get in. Now I've got the call-up.

''Everyone's really happy, and I can't wait.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lash-after-late-withdrawal-20100210-nshr.html

That qualifies as an aborigine to me.

He's a damn handy dummy half.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
This game was ****ing pointless lol. 'All-stars' my arse. When you have players like Nate Myles in the team, it's far from all star. Preston Campbell organized this game so he'd get to play in a 'rep' team again ;)

I don't a **** what the Herald says, that ranga is not an abo lol.

If the all stars flogged the indigenous team there prob would have been a riot

On the game side of things:

Josh Morris looks like he hasn't lost a step from last season and should pick up where he left off :grinning:

Hayne played like ****....oh that's right he only puts in the good games in the second half of the season.

Lockyer - hasbeen

Burgess - **** I'd love to have him at the dogs, Bunnies have done well to pick up him and Taylor.

Blake ferguson seems like an arrogant ****, wanting to start **** and act like a big man. I hope he gets knocked the **** out this year.

Farah - useless. How is he an 'allstar' over Ennis?

**** I can't wait for the actual season and not bull**** games like this.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we call them black c*nts its racist

if they call us white c*nts its not racist

****ing crying ****s.

meh boring ****ing game went and got loose after the first 15 mins of the game it was that boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i didnt think to much of the game or the concept..... not a fan

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what does my head in is that the indigenous all stars want to be known as aboriganal and not australian....

like it means more to play in that game then it would an australian jumper.......they dont want to be aussies they want to be known as indigenous

plus the game was crap

and i dont think hayne played that bad..he was off,then back on..then on the wing and then back to fullback........

burgess is good but not sure how he will go 26 rounds of nrl wk in wk out

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
impressive game to watch.

soward does look a tad frightning with his pace in open space

burgess hasnt impressed me, he doesnt look anything special for ppl to fap about him.

hayne does a disappearing act when he cant get in the game

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Wendell Sailor's Try Celebration was random and it cracked me up!

:D

A

aleka

Geez some of you guys are a sour lot with no clue.
Was a good game for a first hit out and im all for the concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.