Official The ‘gun is the best half at the club

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Don’t know what you were watching yesterday, because Burton was our biggest problem by a mile yesterday, and blaming the ‘gun is desperate at lol
Its a cognitive bias bro. I have high expectations of Burton so when he's bad - its noticeable. I have no expectations of Flanno so he performs as you would expect.

Burton can get better. Flanno had his best game in years yesterday. And he was still a non event. Because he's rubbish.

Expecting rubbish to somehow become valuable? Now thats desperate lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Its a cognitive bias bro. I have high expectations of Burton so when he's bad - its noticeable. I have no expectations of Flanno so he performs as you would expect.

Burton can get better. Flanno had his best game in years yesterday. And he was still a non event. Because he's rubbish.

Expecting rubbish to somehow become valuable? Now thats desperate lol.
Be serious, Fam.

Burton had an absolute stinker. A game that bad would be glaringly obvious no matter how much or how little you expected of a player.

And while the ‘gun was by no means bad, it was not his best performance in years. He won man of the match in our second most recent premiership game, for cryin’ out loud.

I’m not the one with the cognitive bias. The whole reason I started with the pro Flano hyperbole was a direct reaction to people on TK making him a scapegoat for everything that is wrong with the team… much like you’re doing now.

We had much bigger problems than the ‘gun yesterday. That’s a fact, Jack!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Be serious, Fam.

Burton had an absolute stinker. A game that bad would be glaringly obvious no matter how much or how little you expected of a player.

And while the ‘gun was by no means bad, it was not his best performance in years. He won man of the match in our second most recent premiership game, for cryin’ out loud.

I’m not the one with the cognitive bias. The whole reason I started with the pro Flano hyperbole was a direct reaction to people on TK making him a scapegoat for everything that is wrong with the team… much like you’re doing now.

We had much bigger problems than the ‘gun yesterday. That’s a fact, Jack!
You're telling me to be serious. You mean the Manly game rd 25 where just about all of us said RFM - even @ASSASSIN said maybe 2pts for Flanno in the 3, 2, 1 and I reckon he was being nice. The only cumquat who said Flanno was MOTM was some diehard named.... @Flanagun

We may have bigger problems. But we don't know because the biggest problem in 2021 was the biggest problem in 2022 and after one game, looks like the biggest problem in 2023. bronks go from dish lickers to competitive with a decent HB.

My local bottlo has a phD student working there. He played juniors with Flanno. Still keeps in touch with some of the boys and they piss themselves at how someones name can get you a gig in 1st grade.

You're not wrong though about being a premium content creator. Some of this content is so off the rails that only a true expert could come up with it.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on, Fam. That’s a ridiculous comparison.

Firstly, not even DCE or Cleary could have taken that game by the scruff of the neck with the amount of ball we gave away. Even the best halves rely on quality possession, which you’re not going to get when you keep throwing the ball away through schoolboy errors and penalties. It wasn’t the ‘gun making those errors or giving away those penalties. It was Burton, most of our forwards and even JAC to a lesser extent.

Secondly DCE has been well and truly given the keys to steer that team. Ciraldo has the ‘gun playing a very different role. Mahoney is charged with steering the ship, with Burton playing mostly on the left and Flano mostly on the right. You can’t expect Flano to take control of the game when the dud coach’s game plan is to play him predominantly on the right and to have our attack constantly going left to the point of telegraphing the play.

Complain about the ‘gun as much as you like, we had a million bigger problems than him yesterday, baby!
Stick up for your boy and politically spin it how you like, but what your missing is I’m not judging young Flano on just yesterdays game, he’s into the 3rd year of his contract now and not once has he shown he has the running game, passing game, or kicking skills to control and manage a team and be an elite 7. When DCE was in his 3rd year he was earning $1.2 mill and he wasn’t given the keys either, he earned those keys by showing consistent skills and owning the team. The Roosters must have had a chuckle when we took him of their hands, even Barrett quickly recognised it and dropped him.

An elite 7 would control and dominate the play to the point where the coach says just go out there and do what you do, but no coach can do that because Flano can only handle a small concentrated role, if his job has been to only manage the right side, how many try assists has he produced, how many of his cross field kicks have led to try’s, how many repeat sets is he getting and how many times does he kick down into the corner trapping the opposition down on their line …

He’s in his 3rd year … show us these amazing stats?

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Stick up for your boy and politically spin it how you like, but what your missing is I’m not judging young Flano on just yesterdays game, he’s into the 3rd year of his contract now and not once has he shown he has the running game, passing game, or kicking skills to control and manage a team and be an elite 7. When DCE was in his 3rd year he was earning $1.2 mill and he wasn’t given the keys either, he earns that through skill. The Roosters must have had a chuckle when we took him of their hands, even Barrett quickly recognised it and dropped him.

An elite 7 would control and dominate the play to the point where the coach says just go out there and do what you do, but no coach can do that because can only handle a small concentrated role, if his job has been to only manage the right side, how many try assists has he produced, how many of his cross field kicks have led to try’s, how many repeat sets is he getting and how many time does he kick down into the corner trapping the opposition down on their line …

He’s in his 3rd year … show us these amazing stats?
We’ve been through this before. He gas never played under a good coach.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve been through this before. He gas never played under a good coach.
And we’re back to something I’ve already proved to be incorrect, let’s let the experts decide who’s wrong and who’s right, if he gets re-signed I’ll write you and TK a formal apology, when he doesn’t, I’ll await one from you to the whole TK family ?

Deal ?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the ‘gun is rubbish, what is Burton? The latter was horrendous and by far our biggest problem yesterday, But keep deflecting with your scapegoating bs, Fam lol
I have to agree with you. The money that Burton is on compared to Flano he was the worse player

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Fam,

That’s right, I said half, not halfback. Did you all see Burton’s game today? Honestly, we’ve had sone halves thst hsve taken a real caning from you guys over the years - Flano, Lewis, Keating, Frawley… the list goes on. I have never seen a single one of them produce a performance as bad as what Burton dished up today. Kicks out on the full, intercept passes, passing to Kikau on the fifth so he could kick out on the full, not a single torpedo all day, constantly sharking the ‘gun at first receiver and taking bad options.

WTF was Burton doing all game? Trying to think up baby names? I told you all this baby was bad news.

We need to get Oloapu in at 6 ASAP… or Reynolds if he’s not quite ready. Burton is a centre… nothing more. Ciraldo needs to drop Perham, move Avo back to fullback and tell Burton to get out on the edge where he belongs and stop killing our flow, baby.

Kikau was atrocious too. As was Sutton. Our discipline was horrible. Can’t fault the ‘gun today, baby. The ineptness of our team meant he had limited opportunities to do anything, but what he did, he did well.

Not quite the start to the season he wanted, but the ‘gun will take it, baby.

The gun wasn't great either today. I agree that shouldn't have been a sin bin against Flanagan, but both our halves need to step up and take control of a game. As an individual - Flanagan has this year and then who knows from here. His destiny is in his hands. It's not just the halves who didnt gel, but the team will take time to gel. Lucky we now have Mahoney, who is giving a good effort. Fingers crossed the whole team can turn it around.
Hi Fam,

That’s right, I said half, not halfback. Did you all see Burton’s game today? Honestly, we’ve had sone halves thst hsve taken a real caning from you guys over the years - Flano, Lewis, Keating, Frawley… the list goes on. I have never seen a single one of them produce a performance as bad as what Burton dished up today. Kicks out on the full, intercept passes, passing to Kikau on the fifth so he could kick out on the full, not a single torpedo all day, constantly sharking the ‘gun at first receiver and taking bad options.

WTF was Burton doing all game? Trying to think up baby names? I told you all this baby was bad news.

We need to get Oloapu in at 6 ASAP… or Reynolds if he’s not quite ready. Burton is a centre… nothing more. Ciraldo needs to drop Perham, move Avo back to fullback and tell Burton to get out on the edge where he belongs and stop killing our flow, baby.

Kikau was atrocious too. As was Sutton. Our discipline was horrible. Can’t fault the ‘gun today, baby. The ineptness of our team meant he had limited opportunities to do anything, but what he did, he did well.

The gun wasn't great either today. I agree that he shouldn't have been sin binned, but both our halves need to step up and take control of a game. As an individual - Flanagan has this year and then who knows from here. His destiny is in his hands. It's not just the halves who didnt gel, but the team will take time to gel. Lucky we now at least have Mahoney, who is giving a good effort. Fingers crossed the whole team can turn it around.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun, you’ve gone missing again, your in the last of your 3 year contract, can you post your awesome stats please ..
No half can dominate if forwards and the other half keep giving away the ball. It’s the most basic of footy facts.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No half can dominate if forwards and the other half keep giving away the ball. It’s the most basic of footy facts.
Fuck up. Ots a contract year. Start playing foe a contract or have you alreasy had a tap on the shoulder?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the gun is the best half in the club, players would look to pass the ball to you. I'm not buying to your biaise. He's got about 5-6 rounds to turn things around, otherwise the pressure is always going to be on the guys on their final year of their contract. Flanagan needs to play like Marshall King. In my opinion - In his final year of his contract with the Dogs, he picked up his game quite a lot. Didn't get him an extension with us, but the Dolphins noticed what he could do. Played pretty well today in their maiden win. Flanagan needs to play like he runs the show and the players around him will get confident playing alongside him.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Flanno is a terribly average player , Burton however was terribke yesterday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Flanagun …. You say The ‘gun is the best half at the club and you never miss a trick to tell us how good he is.

Instead of all this blah blah blah of yours, he’s in his 3rd year now, you should be able to show us some solid stats that prove your point…

Try assists
Tackle busts
Repeat sets
Try’s
Try’s from kicks
Running metres
Kick metres
Team wins v losses.

Back up all the threads and all the comments and “Show us the numbers”

Time to put up shut up or hand in your ‘gun !

Don’t just spin some more political jar’gun, show us the numbers.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hi Fam,

#Barrett2.0