Official The ‘gun is the best half at the club

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
What did Flanno do wrong? I could turn this into a pisstake but I'll given an honest opinion.

We know he's not a run threat. So does the rest of the NRL. So his service, positioning and game management has to be on point. Too many times ball runners got a pass from Flanno on their back hip rather than in front. And game management wise, nothing on 5th tackle options. He doesn't call for it - he gets it. Big difference. Yep Burton was as bad but he's a half in progress. Whats Flannos excuse - been a half since the u10s I believe.

Give him credit for his D but really - he's a slightly smarter Lachlan Lewis who cannot kick it as far. Thats it. The above issues have been in place from day 1.

Take Reeds service - out in front all day and half the time he's not even looking at the target. Miles apart.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can he make an impact when we have incompetent Burton sharking him at first receiver almost every play, our idiot forwards dropping ball and giving away idiotic penalty after idiotic penalty, he gets binned for 10 minutes for doing nothing wrong and when he comes back, everyone is too gassed to play cause they kept handing over possession with amateur hour bullshit?

He put in a nice kick for a repeat set, backed up for the try Avo bombed and was also there for Mahoney’s try (but got a bad deflection and it went to Mahoney instead). He defended well, threw some nice balls… and along with Mahoney he was the only one chasing kicks. He went alright, tbh.

Sorry, Fam… but I think if you think he was the problem today, or could have done much more than he did given the way others posted, I think you need to screw your head on properly.
Fuck Flanno. Never said he was the reason we lost today. Many players, including Burton were worse than Flanno. But he is still a shit **** and it’s not like played well. He played better than Burton who played like a steaming hot pile of shit. So who’s gives a fuck.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disgraceful performance, career is on the line.

JOKE!!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What did Flanno do wrong? I could turn this into a pisstake but I'll given an honest opinion.

We know he's not a run threat. So does the rest of the NRL. So his service, positioning and game management has to be on point. Too many times ball runners got a pass from Flanno on their back hip rather than in front. And game management wise, nothing on 5th tackle options. He doesn't call for it - he gets it. Big difference. Yep Burton was as bad but he's a half in progress. Whats Flannos excuse - been a half since the u10s I believe.

Give him credit for his D but really - he's a slightly smarter Lachlan Lewis who cannot kick it as far. Thats it. The above issues have been in place from day 1.

Take Reeds service - out in front all day and half the time he's not even looking at the target. Miles apart.
Fam, you don’t think Travis Head can play. Who would listen to you? Lol

You’re really clutching at straws. I saw one pass from Flano that was a little off (caught on the hip). His other passes were fine. Most of the time he was standing there on the right drawing cobwebs because our new supercoach’s game plan seems to be to telegraph every set by continually going to his penrith love children on the left.

And Burton was as bad? Please. Burton kicked out on the full both in general play and off a kick off, threw an intercept pass and passed to Kikau on the fifth so he could kick out on the full too. Burton wasn’t “as bad”…. He was much, much worse. It was the worst performance by a bulldogs half (or any NRL half) I’ve seen in a very long time.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Fam, you don’t think Travis Head can play. Who would listen to you? Lol

You’re really clutching at straws. I saw one pass from Flano that was a little off (caught on the hip). His other passes were fine. Most of the time he was standing there on the right drawing cobwebs because our new supercoach’s game plan seems to be to telegraph every set by continually going to his penrith love children on the left.

And Burton was as bad? Please. Burton kicked out on the full both in general play and off a kick off, threw an intercept pass and passed to Kikau on the fifth so he could kick out on the full too. Burton wasn’t “as bad”…. He was much, much worse. It was the worst performance by a bulldogs half (or any NRL half) I’ve seen in a very long time.
Lol - your opinions on talent are well regarded. Very lolz.

One pass. One? Now I know your taking the piss.

And lets make this fair. If Flano could actually kick a ball far enough - he'd kick it out on the full too. He's trying, just cannot quite get it there.

And to end - now I know you don't watch dogs games.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Fam,

That’s right, I said half, not halfback. Did you all see Burton’s game today? Honestly, we’ve had sone halves thst hsve taken a real caning from you guys over the years - Flano, Lewis, Keating, Frawley… the list goes on. I have never seen a single one of them produce a performance as bad as what Burton dished up today. Kicks out on the full, intercept passes, passing to Kikau on the fifth so he could kick out on the full, not a single torpedo all day, constantly sharking the ‘gun at first receiver and taking bad options.

WTF was Burton doing all game? Trying to think up baby names? I told you all this baby was bad news.

We need to get Oloapu in at 6 ASAP… or Reynolds if he’s not quite ready. Burton is a centre… nothing more. Ciraldo needs to drop Perham, move Avo back to fullback and tell Burton to get out on the edge where he belongs and stop killing our flow, baby.

Kikau was atrocious too. As was Sutton. Our discipline was horrible. Can’t fault the ‘gun today, baby. The ineptness of our team meant he had limited opportunities to do anything, but what he did, he did well.

Not quite the start to the season he wanted, but the ‘gun will take it, baby.
The gun is fekking rubbish always was always will be.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton had an off game yesterday and maybe his future is in the centres but imo he’s still the best player in our side by a long way…

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I give it until after our first home game. If nothing changes performance wise then it’s time to bring in the prince of Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Flanagun, 10 points mate, when you decide to champion a player you stick to your “guns” right or wrong, I’ll give you that.

But I’m not sure you understand the role #7 is supposed to play in a team, maybe go back and watch the way DCE led his team around the park yesterday, watch the way he led by example, put his team on the front foot through his running and passing game and then controlled the rest through his kicking game, that’s what’s needed from your 7.

I’m sure you’ll carry on about experience, but DCE steered Manly to a GF when he was just 22 it was a no brainer that he’d be an elite 7 and was offered over $1 mill very early on in his career, can you see young Flano being offered a mill at the same age?

Next you’ll go on about better coaching, we’ve already proven that wrong.

As hard as young Flano tries, he’ll unfortunately never be the elite #7 we so desperately need.

But keep talking him up if that’s what makes you happy.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Gun could be onto something with Barrett 2.0

I don't think any of us expected a steaming pile of shit performance like that in round 1 yet here we are.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol - your opinions on talent are well regarded. Very lolz.

One pass. One? Now I know your taking the piss.

And lets make this fair. If Flano could actually kick a ball far enough - he'd kick it out on the full too. He's trying, just cannot quite get it there.

And to end - now I know you don't watch dogs games.
Don’t know what you were watching yesterday, because Burton was our biggest problem by a mile yesterday, and blaming the ‘gun is desperate at lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The gun is fekking rubbish always was always will be.
If the ‘gun is rubbish, what is Burton? The latter was horrendous and by far our biggest problem yesterday, But keep deflecting with your scapegoating bs, Fam lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Burton had an off game yesterday and maybe his future is in the centres but imo he’s still the best player in our side by a long way…
He just has not delivered the performances to justify that hype at this stage of his career. Come on, bro. He was dead set awful yesterday.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun, 10 points mate, when you decide to champion a player you stick to your “guns” right or wrong, I’ll give you that.

But I’m not sure you understand the role #7 is supposed to play in a team, maybe go back and watch the way DCE led his team around the park yesterday, watch the way he led by example, put his team on the front foot through his running and passing game and then controlled the rest through his kicking game, that’s what’s needed from your 7. Look at the difference in completions and possession and that should give you an idea of why DCE was able to dominate like he did, aside from the fact he’s an origin half and international.

I’m sure you’ll carry on about experience, but DCE steered Manly to a GF when he was just 22 it was a no brainer that he’d be an elite 7 and was offered over $1 mill very early on in his career, can you see young Flano being offered a mill at the same age?

Next you’ll go on about better coaching, we’ve already proven that wrong.

As hard as young Flano tries, he’ll unfortunately never be the elite #7 we so desperately need.

But keep talking him up if that’s what makes you happy.
Come on, Fam. That’s a ridiculous comparison.

Firstly, not even DCE or Cleary could have taken that game by the scruff of the neck with the amount of ball we gave away. Even the best halves rely on quality possession, which you’re not going to get when you keep throwing the ball away through schoolboy errors and penalties. It wasn’t the ‘gun making those errors or giving away those penalties. It was Burton, most of our forwards and even JAC to a lesser extent.

Secondly DCE has been well and truly given the keys to steer that team. Ciraldo has the ‘gun playing a very different role. Mahoney is charged with steering the ship, with Burton playing mostly on the left and Flano mostly on the right. You can’t expect Flano to take control of the game when the dud coach’s game plan is to play him predominantly on the right and to have our attack constantly going left to the point of telegraphing the play.

Complain about the ‘gun as much as you like, we had a million bigger problems than him yesterday, baby!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come on, Fam. That’s a ridiculous comparison.

Firstly, not even DCE or Cleary could have taken that game by the scruff of the neck with the amount of ball we gave away. Even the best halves rely on quality possession, which you’re not going to get when you keep throwing the ball away through schoolboy errors and penalties. It wasn’t the ‘gun making those errors or giving away those penalties. It was Burton, most of our forwards and even JAC to a lesser extent.

Secondly DCE has been well and truly given the keys to steer that team. Ciraldo has the ‘gun playing a very different role. Mahoney is charged with steering the ship, with Burton playing mostly on the left and Flano mostly on the right. You can’t expect Flano to take control of the game when the dud coach’s game plan is to play him predominantly on the right and to have our attack constantly going left to the point of telegraphing the play.

Complain about the ‘gun as much as you like, we had a million bigger problems than him yesterday, baby!
Nah, Flange has been the problem ever since Barrett signed the boofhead. He stifles attack and has no idea of how to control and organise a side.

You need a new pet player because this one is walking the Green Mile.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate, the gun isn’t even the best half in his own house. I hear that Isaac is hearing his mum has a better step and can pass.
Makes the fact he is the best half at our club an even sadder indictment, baby!