Opinion That's all I ever asked for!

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where the fuck did all these touchies get the balls to make disgusting calls that decide games?!
no idea but they shouldn't be making these calls unless its blatantly obvious its ridiculous enough that we cant even use video technology to rule on forward passes its not that hard just look at the hands and see where the pass goes

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought that pass was pretty clearly forward. If that was let go against us we'd all be blowing up.
out of the hands it wasn't forward which is what it should be ruled on instead of this floating forward bs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was forward pass
i called it live
I'm not upset about it being called forward... The non sin bin was a genuine howler and ultimately decided the game.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost, I'm annoyed but I'm not pissed off.

Long ago there use to be the whole "your not a true fan" argument on here when people would get roasted for pointing out deficiencies. I was/am one of them. I said back then, "All I want is for us to compete win or lose". That's not too much to ask I thought. We use to just roll over.

Today the difference was the ref. Had both teams been ref'd equally I think we win as we were the better team. But that's not my point here.

I'm happy that we competed for a full 80 minutes against a better team on paper. Especially considering Reed was gone for a fair chunk. The players continued on and kept in the game. So even though we lost, as I said years ago. I'm happy with that!
We all would have jizzed over a one point loss to the chooks last year people have got short memories. I don’t think I have seen one game this year we haven’t at least had a go for the full eighty and I can’t remember one game last year when we did

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Fox call team didn't even see us on the field. Everyone was riding a Roosters win.
Quietly, I reckon the Roosters are not happy with the ease we scored against them.
I doubt the rorters make the 8 to be honest

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It shouldn’t have gotten to that stage. JAC had unbelievable idiotic defensive lapses today.

perham is just shit also. Keep him away from 5th tackle options and anything that isn’t returning the ball back.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ref fucked us on that call for sure.
but we missed easy 1on1 tackles in the middle that led to 3 try’s.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And this is why Ciro getting called Baz is just complete bullshit. He’s a promising coach and he’s doing well with the team he has currently. I just wish he makes better rotations during games and selects better sides when players are available but that’s an easy fix and it will get better overtime after learning from it

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It shouldn’t have gotten to that stage. JAC had unbelievable idiotic defensive lapses today.

perham is just shit also. Keep him away from 5th tackle options and anything that isn’t returning the ball back.
His ball return is a lope sideways, and surrender to the tackle. I can't understand why he doesn't try to make some metres by running the ball back with a bit of speed - or is that as fast as he can go?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should have won, the crucial pass fucked us and we all know which that was. But as stated the reffs chose the outcome in the end an were able to find that one call an let it go when it shouldn’t have been (it’s all 50/50) and that’s where the problem is. It’s always the agenda, has been getting worse for a few years now. But have never seen or nor did I thought I would see a shambles like this. Or didn’t want to believe it!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

The handbreak is the new tolman.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His ball return is a lope sideways, and surrender to the tackle. I can't understand why he doesn't try to make some metres by running the ball back with a bit of speed - or is that as fast as he can go?
At the game, I was keeping an eye on his kick returns, and everyone I saw he changed direction before the defensive line to go across the field.

His momentum is then more across field and easy pickings for the kick chasers. if he was to go off the other foot and straighten up his line, he would be much more effective.

I think his change of direction is to avoid collision more than anything else.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but no. That isn’t acceptable. We got fucked by an incorrect forward pass that Jake scores on.

We had them despite so many key injuries from kikau, Thompson, kiraz, rfm etc and still we had them. Mahoney gets knocked out by a raised knee… we still had them an hour later….

A Fucking incorrect called forward pass stops us going from fighting for the 8 to not. I’m sorry this isn’t acceptable. I’m done with this bullshit. We need to speak up and say sorry ref but this is what the 5th? 6th game now where there isn’t a debatable call but a complete Fucking howler.
We lost the game on the back of poor decisions at certain moments of the game. Players like Waddell fell for dummy's and they scored. JAC was a dummy for coming off his wing to tell the ref to stop play for Alamoti and they scored. Dumb and Dumber!!! We can't set up plays and score 10 mtrs out, but we can 90 mtrs out. Its not good enough. Oh that's right we can from kicks....we contribute a lot to our losses. Yes we get get some bad calls and it pisses me off too but we have to look at our game and say we were leading for most of it and didn't have a general to control the game when needed, like most games.

I agree with Dog, the fact we are in the games for 80 mins at least keeps us excited and at times pretty proud of their efforts under the circumstance with injuries.

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We lost the game on the back of poor decisions at certain moments of the game. Players like Waddell fell for dummy's and they scored. JAC was a dummy for coming off his wing to tell the ref to stop play for Alamoti and they scored. Dumb and Dumber!!! We can't set up plays and score 10 mtrs out, but we can 90 mtrs out. Its not good enough. Oh that's right we can from kicks....we contribute a lot to our losses. Yes we get get some bad calls and it pisses me off too but we have to look at our game and say we were leading for most of it and didn't have a general to control the game when needed, like most games.

I agree with Dog, the fact we are in the games for 80 mins at least keeps us excited and at times pretty proud of their efforts under the circumstance with injuries.
No one can deny that our players do silly mistakes at certain times. At least as fans, we acknowledge that. The club acknowledges it as well by ensuring the players are accountable and are dropped and don't blame outside factors such as the officials.

What @Bulldogs09 wants (like all of us) is accountability from the match day officials when they screw up, and it costs teams games.

We should be given fair treatment like the opposition when they play us and some acknowledgement from the refs boss that they screwed up.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one can deny that our players do silly mistakes at certain times. At least as fans, we acknowledge that. The club acknowledges it as well by ensuring the players are accountable and are dropped and don't blame outside factors such as the officials.

What @Bulldogs09 wants (like all of us) is accountability from the match day officials when they screw up, and it costs teams games.

We should be given fair treatment like the opposition when they play us and some acknowledgement from the refs boss that they screwed up.
I don't disagree with what you are saying and yes the officials should be more accountable. Having Graham Annesley come out every Monday indicating where ref's stuffed up is little consolation but the good teams don't often find themselves needing ref's decisions to win them games. They put teams away and any line ball decisions have little or no effect on their results. As for us, we depend on every decision the ref's make which is the difference between us winning and losing.

We've been dudded by ref's on a few occasions this year which cost us games imo but we've had chances like against Roosters to put them away and any decisions going against us like that forward or non forward pass would have been irrelevant because we should have had the game sewn up.

We need to learn how to win and put teams away and I can guarantee we will be speaking less about the bad calls.

Good chat [emoji106]

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's never acceptable, every week we get dudded. That's not what this Post is about. Finally we are competing, win or lose instead of rolling over like we use to.
Yes GD and next year with an enhanced roster (barring injuries of course) we will be winning those games no matter how much sh!t the refs throw at us.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't disagree with what you are saying and yes the officials should be more accountable. Having Graham Annesley come out every Monday indicating where ref's stuffed up is little consolation but the good teams don't often find themselves needing ref's decisions to win them games. They put teams away and any line ball decisions have little or no effect on their results. As for us, we depend on every decision the ref's make which is the difference between us winning and losing.

We've been dudded by ref's on a few occasions this year which cost us games imo but we've had chances like against Roosters to put them away and any decisions going against us like that forward or non forward pass would have been irrelevant because we should have had the game sewn up.

We need to learn how to win and put teams away and I can guarantee we will be speaking less about the bad calls.

Good chat [emoji106]
At least we are slowly but surely making ourselves great again. At least we are doing something about our situation by removing the deadwood. Like you said, we need to get our fingers out to get more wins.