Opinion That's all I ever asked for!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We lost, I'm annoyed but I'm not pissed off.

Long ago there use to be the whole "your not a true fan" argument on here when people would get roasted for pointing out deficiencies. I was/am one of them. I said back then, "All I want is for us to compete win or lose". That's not too much to ask I thought. We use to just roll over.

Today the difference was the ref. Had both teams been ref'd equally I think we win as we were the better team. But that's not my point here.

I'm happy that we competed for a full 80 minutes against a better team on paper. Especially considering Reed was gone for a fair chunk. The players continued on and kept in the game. So even though we lost, as I said years ago. I'm happy with that!

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Long ago there use to be the whole "your not a true fan" argument on here when people would get roasted for pointing out deficiencies. I was/am one of them. I said back then, "All I want is for us to compete win or lose". That's not too much to ask I thought. We use to just roll over.

Today the difference was the ref. Had both teams been ref'd equally I think we win as we were the better team. But that's not my point here.

I'm happy that we competed for a full 80 minutes against a better team on paper. Especially considering Reed was gone for a fair chunk. The players continued on and kept in the game. I'm happy with that. So even though we lost, as I said years ago. I'm happy with that!
I agree but that forward pass I can’t get over we should’ve won.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The nrl needs to employ the positioning of the ball technology that rules out errors in forward pass decisions..asap.
I remember thinking that about 15 years ago but here we still are.............

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sorry but no. That isn’t acceptable. We got fucked by an incorrect forward pass that Jake scores on.

We had them despite so many key injuries from kikau, Thompson, kiraz, rfm etc and still we had them. Mahoney gets knocked out by a raised knee… we still had them an hour later….

A Fucking incorrect called forward pass stops us going from fighting for the 8 to not. I’m sorry this isn’t acceptable. I’m done with this bullshit. We need to speak up and say sorry ref but this is what the 5th? 6th game now where there isn’t a debatable call but a complete Fucking howler.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Sorry but no. That isn’t acceptable. We got fucked by an incorrect forward pass that Jake scores on.

We had them despite so many key injuries from kikau, Thompson, kiraz, rfm etc and still we had them. Mahoney gets knocked out by a raised knee… we still had them an hour later….

A Fucking incorrect called forward pass stops us going from fighting for the 8 to not. I’m sorry this isn’t acceptable. I’m done with this bullshit. We need to speak up and say sorry ref but this is what the 5th? 6th game now where there isn’t a debatable call but a complete Fucking howler.
It's never acceptable, every week we get dudded. That's not what this Post is about. Finally we are competing, win or lose instead of rolling over like we use to.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The pass to averillo was not forward by essence we got rorted simple as that the rorters are not the team of seasons past they were gifted the game on reputations alone
The Fox call team didn't even see us on the field. Everyone was riding a Roosters win.
Quietly, I reckon the Roosters are not happy with the ease we scored against them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I'm happy that we competed for a full 80 minutes against a better team on paper. Especially considering Reed was gone for a fair chunk. The players continued on and kept in the game. So even though we lost, as I said years ago. I'm happy with that!
This attitude is all we've really got atm.

The tide will turn. We just have to hope we are alive to see it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This attitude is all we've really got atm.

The tide will turn. We just have to hope we are alive to see it.
I don't think we will ever get a fair called game so we need to take the boxing approach and not leave it in the ref's hands. We need to get that good that we knock out every team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think we will ever get a fair called game so we need to take the boxing approach and not leave it in the ref's hands. We need to get that good that we knock out every team.
That's our best hope but it's a while off yet by the looks.

Anyway they're our team. Good or bad.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need more Darren Britt and Soloman Haumono up the middle.
Canterbury are meant to be big, up to the line in three plays then bang

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Corrupt or just plain stupid, our boys have to learn to play against 14 men to not let them dictate W's and L's

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was right in line with the pass to averillo and it was completely backwards out of the hands the touching should be sacked for making that call

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was right in line with the pass to averillo and it was completely backwards out of the hands the touching should be sacked for making that call
Where the fuck did all these touchies get the balls to make disgusting calls that decide games?!