Opinion Thanks for your service

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always try to support our club and see the glass as half full, but I'm definitely looking forward to movie night this coming Sunday:

View attachment 29461
Is Ogden departing? We really should keep him for at least another season, providing it's for peanuts. Especially seeing as Atoni is now gone, we need some prop depth.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm ok with offering respect to the players departing. But in many cases I think a few that are leaving were capable of doing a lot more, so many that are going won't be missed by me in even a small way. Some tried in years past, a few seemed to just phone it in since their arrival. So it's a mixed bag as far as respect goes. Hopefully the team we've assembled for the coming years don't leave me with a feeling of apathy as they're departing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is Ogden departing? We really should keep him for at least another season, providing it's for peanuts. Especially seeing as Atoni is now gone, we need some prop depth.
Not 100% sure mate - we will find out this Sunday when they do the departing players presentation. Would you prefer the poster updated with say Dean Britt? The message will be similar though - out with the cheap players we acquired when there was no cap money and in with some quality to improve our squad.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m guessing there will be something announced today? Usually before the last game the club announce who’s leaving.
Yep, in recent years departing players were announced the week before the last game with a presentation to the players after the last game. So fair to expect the same this year - could be today or later in the week.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not 100% sure mate - we will find out this Sunday when they do the departing players presentation. Would you prefer the poster updated with say Dean Britt? The message will be similar though - out with the cheap players we acquired when there was no cap money and in with some quality to improve our squad.
Well I rate Ogden over Britt, but the issue is we don't have much prop depth and if you don't resign him for cheap you have to find another cheap prop to replace him. I don't think Ogden is anywhere near as bad as some on here make out. He's another player Kennelers nitpick but could probably go to a decently coached team and be perfectly fine.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well I rate Ogden over Britt, but the issue is we don't have much prop depth and if you don't resign him for cheap you have to find another cheap prop to replace him. I don't think Ogden is anywhere near as bad as some on here make out. He's another player Kennelers nitpick but could probably go to a decently coached team and be perfectly fine.
The same was said for Atoni though.
If we were retaining Ogden I’d say it would’ve been announced already and assuming we aren’t retaining him they are either ready to promote someone coming through or make another cheaper acquisition in the off-season. I’d be surprised if he stays personally, we need to not only swap out players but an entire culture.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised to see that a topic hasn't been started yet for our band of players who will most likely be either pulling on the Blue and White for the last time this weekend or otherwise in any event be leaving the squad for good at the conclusion of this weekends games and mad Monday.
The last few years have been difficult ones for the Club and everyone involved in the Club.
The keyboard warriors on here love to bag out players because we are losing games. But I know that all the players at the Dogs care about their own performance and the teams performance week in and week out. Sometimes things just don't go your way and it must be hard seriously to get up each week for games when everyone is constantly talking the side down.
While I don't know for certain which players are leaving us.... I'd like to say to those that aren't continuing with us a big thank you for your efforts over the time you've spent with us. Ive gone with my son to almost every Dogs home game over the last 5 years and while it's been tough for us I can only image it must be super tough for you guys. Just like you have though, we've turned up each week.
Pay said it best when he commented a couple of years back....I've got a group of guys in there that busted their ass but seem to get on the wrong side of every 50/50 call in the game time and time again.
Of course my son and I have favourite players and it will be tough to see you guys leave and play for other teams. Such is the nature of sport though being a results driven business.
One thing I'd like to say though is that your efforts have made us proud. Winning isn't everything to fans....it's effort and competing and attitude that makes us come back week after week to support you guys. It's a great pity that covid has taken you guys away from our homeland of Sydney and makes this year end and the knowledge that a number of you are moving on without us fans being able to say goodbye respectfully that makes this particularly hard.
I'd like to congratulate you all on the spirit with which you have played the game while you've been part of the Bulldogs family.
There's some players in other teams who shall remain nameless that play angry every week. Some might be superstars that help their team win games. Some of us on here may wish we had some of these world beaters in our side but for me I'd rather see the effort and passion and respectful way in which you guys play the game even at the expense of a win, rather than the disrespectful and angry attitude that some of these world beaters bring to the table.
So thank you all for the memories and I'd like to offer cheers to all the players for their effort over their time at the Dogs. I wish you every success in your new teams wherever that may be. And remember departing players...once a Bulldog Always a Bulldog.
You're either a troll or a cuck.....or both.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep all the best to the players and their futures, also welcome to the new crop of players and very excited about the team for 22

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised to see that a topic hasn't been started yet for our band of players who will most likely be either pulling on the Blue and White for the last time this weekend or otherwise in any event be leaving the squad for good at the conclusion of this weekends games and mad Monday.
The last few years have been difficult ones for the Club and everyone involved in the Club.
The keyboard warriors on here love to bag out players because we are losing games. But I know that all the players at the Dogs care about their own performance and the teams performance week in and week out. Sometimes things just don't go your way and it must be hard seriously to get up each week for games when everyone is constantly talking the side down.
While I don't know for certain which players are leaving us.... I'd like to say to those that aren't continuing with us a big thank you for your efforts over the time you've spent with us. Ive gone with my son to almost every Dogs home game over the last 5 years and while it's been tough for us I can only image it must be super tough for you guys. Just like you have though, we've turned up each week.
Pay said it best when he commented a couple of years back....I've got a group of guys in there that busted their ass but seem to get on the wrong side of every 50/50 call in the game time and time again.
Of course my son and I have favourite players and it will be tough to see you guys leave and play for other teams. Such is the nature of sport though being a results driven business.
One thing I'd like to say though is that your efforts have made us proud. Winning isn't everything to fans....it's effort and competing and attitude that makes us come back week after week to support you guys. It's a great pity that covid has taken you guys away from our homeland of Sydney and makes this year end and the knowledge that a number of you are moving on without us fans being able to say goodbye respectfully that makes this particularly hard.
I'd like to congratulate you all on the spirit with which you have played the game while you've been part of the Bulldogs family.
There's some players in other teams who shall remain nameless that play angry every week. Some might be superstars that help their team win games. Some of us on here may wish we had some of these world beaters in our side but for me I'd rather see the effort and passion and respectful way in which you guys play the game even at the expense of a win, rather than the disrespectful and angry attitude that some of these world beaters bring to the table.
So thank you all for the memories and I'd like to offer cheers to all the players for their effort over their time at the Dogs. I wish you every success in your new teams wherever that may be. And remember departing players...once a Bulldog Always a Bulldog.
Poor widdle dogtime.

The fans are so cruel
cliparts.png

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are we supposed to get on our knees and suck everyone off thats leaving???
Players leaving "We all did a tremendous job for the club and to all those opposed you can suck our fucking cocks"

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well said! Big thank you to the departing players who did they’re very best week-in/week-out at training, in games, managing the player bubble and relocating to QLD to keep the game alive, much respect! Hope you kick on and reach your full potential.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the typical modern day attitude. Everyone's a winner and needs to be hugged and told how good they are. That's why we have grown men like Elliott and Lewis who act like children. If they were volunteers all good but some earn in a year what it takes the average person 10 years to earn and I'm being told they shouldn't be open to criticism, haha.
Exactly fucking right mate, you can have the participation ribbon or the 4-500k a year but you can’t have both.like everyone else in life you live up to your paycheque or you cop criticism and if you don’t improve you get shit canned. Bleeding heart pussys are changing the face of Australian culture for the worse for mine.