Opinion Thanks for your service

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well what a savage reaction. No wonder a topic hadn't been started. Bog average, trolling, hit the road jack, lack of effort, c graders, they are shit, trash, garbage, awful rubbish. Who are you people? Not fans clearly. I recall when SBW and Mason left the Club wanted to let everyone know that the Club was bigger than any 1 player. It is also bigger than any group of players.
There are players leaving that started their first grade career with us, and due to circumstances beyond their control to a large extend, sure they haven't become rep players, but nobody could question their effort most weeks.
To question effort goes against what most commentators, and coaches Pay and Barrett would say. Ask Josh Jackson if he thinks the players put effort in week after week. He'd know.
Ive been watching the Dogs for a long long time, seen us win and lose many grand finals. What we don't do is denegrate our playing squad.
They are paid employees of the Club. We support them, encourage them, and cheer them on through good times and bad.
Next year we have a number of new players again...almost all with significant first grade experience. I will cheer them on and support the Club, it's coaches, the front and back office no matter how many wins we have.
Next time you critics feel like writing something negative about our players ability or effort just imagine yourself being called into your bosses office to be told we are letting you go due to your lack of effort, or ability, or because your a shit worker or garbage or the speed at which you do things. Because that's what your saying to our departing players. Show some respect.
Thanks again guys for your service.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney tried. Besides the dropped ball on the weekend I though he had one of his best games for us. He'll be missed a bit. Hopa tried but just hasn't been good enough the last few years. Won't miss him. Antoni never tried hard enough in first grade really. Could have taken his chances more. Napa never really played one good game. Will NEVER be missed. He was after a pay cheque only. I hope Elliott goes as well. Not worth half his pay packet for what he brings on or off the field. Lewis I'm unsure if he's a thief or practical joker but I'll miss him a bit. He always tried hard. Hope he gets picked up by someone even if it's Super League

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well what a savage reaction. No wonder a topic hadn't been started. Bog average, trolling, hit the road jack, lack of effort, c graders, they are shit, trash, garbage, awful rubbish. Who are you people? Not fans clearly. I recall when SBW and Mason left the Club wanted to let everyone know that the Club was bigger than any 1 player. It is also bigger than any group of players.
There are players leaving that started their first grade career with us, and due to circumstances beyond their control to a large extend, sure they haven't become rep players, but nobody could question their effort most weeks.
To question effort goes against what most commentators, and coaches Pay and Barrett would say. Ask Josh Jackson if he thinks the players put effort in week after week. He'd know.
Ive been watching the Dogs for a long long time, seen us win and lose many grand finals. What we don't do is denegrate our playing squad.
They are paid employees of the Club. We support them, encourage them, and cheer them on through good times and bad.
Next year we have a number of new players again...almost all with significant first grade experience. I will cheer them on and support the Club, it's coaches, the front and back office no matter how many wins we have.
Next time you critics feel like writing something negative about our players ability or effort just imagine yourself being called into your bosses office to be told we are letting you go due to your lack of effort, or ability, or because your a shit worker or garbage or the speed at which you do things. Because that's what your saying to our departing players. Show some respect.
So you wanted to see what the sentiment was and now you've found out
Thank you for your thread

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LO show some respect?? They are being shown the same amount respect that they have shown the jersey and the club, if you don't want negative reactions to the current playing group don't start stupid fucking thread's. And BTW you can shove you "not fans" comment fair up your arse.
Have a nice day.
Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a reason why most of these flogs are now unemployed, we were the only club dumb enough to pay them to play football when they should be working the drive-through at maccas.... even then they'd probably still fuck up the order or drop it out the window as they try and hand it too you.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the typical modern day attitude. Everyone's a winner and needs to be hugged and told how good they are. That's why we have grown men like Elliott and Lewis who act like children. If they were volunteers all good but some earn in a year what it takes the average person 10 years to earn and I'm being told they shouldn't be open to criticism, haha.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The harsh reality is when you only win 4 from 50 odd games a lot of these players from this era aren’t going to hold a special place in the heart of fans. I wish them all the best and thank them for their service but I’ll be glad I don’t have to see the majority of them next year.
Here here. I'm looking forward to finally moving past this 2017-2021 period. It's been nothing but pain for the fans.

What I am thankful for is the fact that we can go through 3 coaches, 3 boards, complete roster turnover, a wooden spoon and still have some light at the end of the tunnel with 2022. Gus, Trent, Burton, JAC, Vaughny, TPJ, Dufty, Naden, healthy Cotric, all the youth at the club (Alamoti/ the signings we're bringing in), there's a lot to like. Even if we 'fail' (I'm setting the bar at a 7/8 seed - anything less than that is a failure for mine), at least we're moving in the right direction. We're not signing flops like Napa on long-term contracts, we're getting Vaughn/ Dufty on unders and for 1 season. Hopefully NSW Cup and the Junior leagues can get back up and running for 2022 and beyond so we can get some much-needed reps into our younger or fringe players.

My main concern is the inevitable off-field drama coming our way. It's either going to happen around Mad Monday, during Christmas or on the eve of the season - but it's coming. Just need to prepare ourselves so we as fans aren't let down and pray for a surprise that nothing derails our season before it even begins.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's a reason why most of these flogs are now unemployed, we were the only club dumb enough to pay them to play football when they should be working the drive-through at maccas.... even then they'd probably still fuck up the order or drop it out the window as they try and hand it too you.
Lewis from 450k to JobSeeker

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This team is potentially the worst team in bulldogs era to ever play. If not it’ll be the top 3 for sure. So no! I don’t thank them for anything. Winning 2 games all year is diabolical. I thank the players who tried there hearts out and those are the guys who are staying next year. The ones leaving can go get fucked! They have tarnished the clubs reputation and made us look like school boys playing against men every week.

So the likes of katoa, Hoppa (this year), atoni, Ogden, Napa(the cat money Milker) etc can all finally fuck off. I’m so glad to see the back of them. Hope most of them never see another nrl jersey anywhere so they realise how easy they had it here and took advantage of the club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want to be a happy clapper and celebrate mediocrity that's you prerogative it doesn't mean every one else has to agree with you.

There's nothing worse than someone on their high horse telling people how to support their team.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To all the players leaving (being asked to leave). If you go on to make a better career for yourself at another club and play better than you ever have, why didn't you do that for Canterbury?? Good riddance and Fuck you.

To those leaving and headed to lower grades, England or maybe out of the game all together. Thanks for your time and efforts at Canterbury, you may well have given your best but it just wasn't good enough. Good luck with your next chapter. and be proud of the fact you represented our great club and wore our jersey.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I always try to support our club and see the glass as half full, but I'm definitely looking forward to movie night this coming Sunday:

TheDeparted_Bulldogs.jpg

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the NRL and all its players for continuing the comp during the deadly virus, sorry Im a mess sometimes but going along with the sadistic power trip is the worst thing the NRL community could of done.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m guessing there will be something announced today? Usually before the last game the club announce who’s leaving.