Opinion Thanks for your service

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised to see that a topic hasn't been started yet for our band of players who will most likely be either pulling on the Blue and White for the last time this weekend or otherwise in any event be leaving the squad for good at the conclusion of this weekends games and mad Monday.
The last few years have been difficult ones for the Club and everyone involved in the Club.
The keyboard warriors on here love to bag out players because we are losing games. But I know that all the players at the Dogs care about their own performance and the teams performance week in and week out. Sometimes things just don't go your way and it must be hard seriously to get up each week for games when everyone is constantly talking the side down.
While I don't know for certain which players are leaving us.... I'd like to say to those that aren't continuing with us a big thank you for your efforts over the time you've spent with us. Ive gone with my son to almost every Dogs home game over the last 5 years and while it's been tough for us I can only image it must be super tough for you guys. Just like you have though, we've turned up each week.
Pay said it best when he commented a couple of years back....I've got a group of guys in there that busted their ass but seem to get on the wrong side of every 50/50 call in the game time and time again.
Of course my son and I have favourite players and it will be tough to see you guys leave and play for other teams. Such is the nature of sport though being a results driven business.
One thing I'd like to say though is that your efforts have made us proud. Winning isn't everything to fans....it's effort and competing and attitude that makes us come back week after week to support you guys. It's a great pity that covid has taken you guys away from our homeland of Sydney and makes this year end and the knowledge that a number of you are moving on without us fans being able to say goodbye respectfully that makes this particularly hard.
I'd like to congratulate you all on the spirit with which you have played the game while you've been part of the Bulldogs family.
There's some players in other teams who shall remain nameless that play angry every week. Some might be superstars that help their team win games. Some of us on here may wish we had some of these world beaters in our side but for me I'd rather see the effort and passion and respectful way in which you guys play the game even at the expense of a win, rather than the disrespectful and angry attitude that some of these world beaters bring to the table.
So thank you all for the memories and I'd like to offer cheers to all the players for their effort over their time at the Dogs. I wish you every success in your new teams wherever that may be. And remember departing players...once a Bulldog Always a Bulldog.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of the players that are leaving are trash and have been garbage hence no why other clubs wanting to sign then lmao... It sounds harsh but they can finally fuck off with their weekly shitty performances and lack of ability/heart and find new jobs as dream don't last forever ey

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Most of the players that are leaving are trash and have been garbage hence no why other clubs wanting to sign then lmao... It sounds harsh but they can finally fuck off with their weekly shitty performances and lack of ability/heart an find new jobs as dream don't last forever ey
Don't be mean :(

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I fully support nearly every player that has played for Canterbury except a few who tarnished the club substantially. If players are selected & they are not good enough that's not their fault. Whatever standard player they are as long as they give their best I will support them. I think though there were a few players this year that did not try their best. I think that Barrett probably told players early on that they weren't going to get their contracts renewed. That was a big mistake & was probably a reason for some of the early season blowouts. He probably thought he was doing the right thing by them, giving them every opportunity to find a new home & some have - Meaney, Atoni & Hopoate for instance.

I sincerely wish them well in their future & look forward to a better 2022 & hopefully make the finals, but I am not sold on that yet without a quality 7 or 9.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I wish them the very best. They were all very unlucky to end up at our club during such a terrible time in our history and I wish them better fortunes in their futures.,

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The harsh reality is when you only win 4 from 50 odd games a lot of these players from this era aren’t going to hold a special place in the heart of fans. I wish them all the best and thank them for their service but I’ll be glad I don’t have to see the majority of them next year.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good riddance is honestly more like it. Never in my life have I seen a squad filled with so many shit kickers and bog average players. Been depressing winning 2 games all year so no thank you but fcuk off... 1 more week and finally the nightmare is over

Surely with the new signings we are bound to at least be competitive in 2022....

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of the players that are leaving are trash and have been garbage hence no why other clubs wanting to sign then lmao... It sounds harsh but they can finally fuck off with their weekly shitty performances and lack of ability/heart an find new jobs as dream don't last forever ey
100%…. They can all say Hello to Danny Fualalo in the Ron Massey Cup for all I care

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trolling at its best.

But if by the slightest chance this is serious I can never be proud of a team that wins 2 games and dishes up one of our worst defeats in modern history.

The reason many of the players are unsigned is because they should never have been playing NRL.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only thing I want to thank any of them for is that I won't have to watch a bunch of c grade players come up with the same errors week after week and everyone calling it "effort". Thanks for nothing, Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank a bunch of ***** on ~300k that dont give a fuck about our jersey?

Get out of here

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised to see that a topic hasn't been started yet for our band of players who will most likely be either pulling on the Blue and White for the last time this weekend or otherwise in any event be leaving the squad for good at the conclusion of this weekends games and mad Monday.
The last few years have been difficult ones for the Club and everyone involved in the Club.
The keyboard warriors on here love to bag out players because we are losing games. But I know that all the players at the Dogs care about their own performance and the teams performance week in and week out. Sometimes things just don't go your way and it must be hard seriously to get up each week for games when everyone is constantly talking the side down.
While I don't know for certain which players are leaving us.... I'd like to say to those that aren't continuing with us a big thank you for your efforts over the time you've spent with us. Ive gone with my son to almost every Dogs home game over the last 5 years and while it's been tough for us I can only image it must be super tough for you guys. Just like you have though, we've turned up each week.
Pay said it best when he commented a couple of years back....I've got a group of guys in there that busted their ass but seem to get on the wrong side of every 50/50 call in the game time and time again.
Of course my son and I have favourite players and it will be tough to see you guys leave and play for other teams. Such is the nature of sport though being a results driven business.
One thing I'd like to say though is that your efforts have made us proud. Winning isn't everything to fans....it's effort and competing and attitude that makes us come back week after week to support you guys. It's a great pity that covid has taken you guys away from our homeland of Sydney and makes this year end and the knowledge that a number of you are moving on without us fans being able to say goodbye respectfully that makes this particularly hard.
I'd like to congratulate you all on the spirit with which you have played the game while you've been part of the Bulldogs family.
There's some players in other teams who shall remain nameless that play angry every week. Some might be superstars that help their team win games. Some of us on here may wish we had some of these world beaters in our side but for me I'd rather see the effort and passion and respectful way in which you guys play the game even at the expense of a win, rather than the disrespectful and angry attitude that some of these world beaters bring to the table.
So thank you all for the memories and I'd like to offer cheers to all the players for their effort over their time at the Dogs. I wish you every success in your new teams wherever that may be. And remember departing players...once a Bulldog Always a Bulldog.
Sorry but disagree 100%,if u r running a business and the staff are not helping with bad service attitude etc,u need to change things from the top down,the last 2 years the effort from all concerned including the front office,has been terrible,this new board has come in and introduced a lot of changes,the coaching set up,can be argued that may need some minor adjustments,but for the rest thanks for your services and best of luck,the broom is definitely needed.

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In what has been a terrible 2 years for our whole community ( the whole planet come to think of it) it offers an opportunity to pause and reflect.
We love the Dogs, but it’s just a game.
These men who wear the colours of the club are highly paid professionals, and accountable for their performances. The abundant lack of success over 2 barren seasons will be galling to them no doubt, and create difficulties for some in managing their immediate futures.
But let’s not put the boot in. We can’t actually know what has been going on in their heads, or in the sheds, in relation to effort or the mental side of their preparation.
Better to be gracious, as per the originator of this thread, and focus on the best qualities that we have observed in our players.
And we can console ourselves with the fact that sport is cyclical. Melbourne will not keep winning forever.
We’ve won 6 premierships in the last 40 years. How many clubs can boast that sort of record?