Tevita pangai jr to debut for penrith

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd still have Hetherington starting at second row to give him a shot. But I'd have TPJ on the other side. Imagine Tevita, Burton and Fox on the same side and what a nightmare that would be to defend..
i dont think he is mobile enough laterally , he looked huge last night but was enormous in the middle and his second phase play is something we currently dont have.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Tpj
9. Jmk
10. Vaughn
11. Hertrington
12. Waddell/rfm
13. Jackson

14. BBO
15. Thompson
16. Ava
17. Asaita

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i dont think he is mobile enough laterally , he looked huge last night but was enormous in the middle and his second phase play is something we currently dont have.
There's no doubt he's much more effective in the middle, particularly in our side next year.
What's your thoughts on starting him from the bench with Vaughan and Thompson starting?
I can see Vaughan and Thompson working well together. Vaughan has a strong carry and quick ptb which Thompson's leg speed on the next tackle will compliment. Then Pangai off the bench for Vaughan around that 20 minute mark to open things up, get a quality 50-60 minutes from Pangai.

Reactions: ATT

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Over the last few decades we've had workhorses the great Steve Folkes and Steve Reardon Tony Grimaldi Aiden Tolman and now Josh Jackson, no team is complete without one !
Yeah everyone good team has one, storm: finucane, penrith: yeo eels: Papali’i souths: murray

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Over the last few decades we've had workhorses the great Steve Folkes and Steve Reardon Tony Grimaldi Aiden Tolman and now Josh Jackson, no team is complete without one !
Yeah and they should be on minimum wage. Not 700k

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson in the middle for me. Most edge forwards have speed and leg drive not many middles have leg speed like him. I want to see how he goes with some good middles around him.

Man, exciting times ahead anyway, I like the look of out pack now.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thompson on the edges is not a good idea. He suffers greatly in defending smaller, quicker players, he's usually clutching at air and not agile enough to close down gaps.

He stays in the middle.
That’s because he’s fatigued from all the work he does in the middle

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's no doubt he's much more effective in the middle, particularly in our side next year.
What's your thoughts on starting him from the bench with Vaughan and Thompson starting?
I can see Vaughan and Thompson working well together. Vaughan has a strong carry and quick ptb which Thompson's leg speed on the next tackle will compliment. Then Pangai off the bench for Vaughan around that 20 minute mark to open things up, get a quality 50-60 minutes from Pangai.
Going to be interesting on how TB works the rotation.
Does he start with tpj and vaughn up front
Thompson at lock. Which means jacko to edge.
Asiato possibly comes on at lock as a ball playing option.
TPJ can work from bench tho, depends on the balance of the team

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A tough decision needs to be made on Jackson he needs to be on the bench or given no more than 40-50 minutes. If he doesn’t show something in attack next season he needs to go. He has become tolman 2.0
It wouldn't surprise me if he gets moved on next year, especially if we aren't travelling too well.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if he gets moved on next year, especially if we aren't travelling too well.
Moved on to where ? Who’s going to take him ?

We ran last by a mile. Clubs aren’t exactly lining up to sign our players.