Tevita pangai jr to debut for penrith

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We're not paying him 700k to start on the bench LOL
I think he is more suited as an impact player off the bench with Thompson and Vaughn starting. If he is going to play ~50 min anyway he is better on the bench versing tying opposition.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he is more suited as an impact player off the bench with Thompson and Vaughn starting. If he is going to play ~50 min anyway he is better on the bench versing tying opposition.
He should be doing it against starting quality opposition. Vaughan bench.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This would be my favorite first combination
8 Pangai jnr
9 Cook
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington
12 Jackson
13 Thompson

14 JMK
15 Asiata
16 Seumanufagai
17 So many candidates ???
Jackson isn't suited to the edge anymore, it's one of the positions we need to strengthen in my opinion.
Once that starting pack starts coming off we'd lose the middle.
I'd like to see:
Thompson
JMK
Vaughan
RFM
Hetherington
Jackson

TPJ
Ava
Topine
BBO

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson isn't suited to the edge anymore, it's one of the positions we need to strengthen in my opinion.
Once that starting pack starts coming off we'd lose the middle.
I'd like to see:
Thompson
JMK
Vaughan
RFM
Hetherington
Jackson

TPJ
Ava
Topine
BBO
Jackson, a workhouse lacks size and creativity for middle forward.
RFM, lets hope he comes back let alone be ready.
Thompson, could become an X Factor at lock !

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 Pangai jnr
9 Cook
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington
12 Jackson
13 Thompson

14 JMK
15 Asiata
16 Seumanufagai
The best forward lineup posted so far, however I would swap JJ with Thompson. As for cook, we better wait and see because JMK might just be better, I've a feeling that some might be mistakening Joshua for Damian.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Certainly looks like we'll have more oomph from the forwards. Between Vaughan, TPJ, Seumanifagai and Patolo we have some big boppers now. Hetherington and Thompson offer pace and the versatility to play middle or edge and aren't exactly midgets either. Hopefully Jackson feels less pressure in a stronger pack and can Focus on targeted line running like he has when at his best.

Still have a few youngsters like Topine who will be pushing for selection at times too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hetherington looked much better in the second row but let's not forget he's only played one full game there. We can't just expect him to be a starting second rower without more of a sample size. He could get found out defensively..

TPJ looks great at prop but our second rowers are so weak that he's needed there for us until we get better second rowers.
We're better served at prop with Vaughan and Thompson there than we are in the second row.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 Pangai jnr
9 Cook
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington
12 Jackson
13 Thompson

14 JMK
15 Asiata
16 Seumanufagai
Asiata is going to be very handy off the bench. From the front row to half back in the extreme. Lock preferred

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
you wouldn’t swap a spine player a very good spine player for a back rower who Has passed his peak?
I think its more a case of if he’s signing with another club to get him released a year earlier any club would certainly be open to that if they were losing the player anyway