Premium Member
Reaction score
If he played the Cowboys every week he would be worth LoLo money

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Dragons shut him right down last night. Kid is a flat track bully.
Totally agree. His defensive "highlight reel" versus the Cowboys was primarily the tackle where JT's knee gave way, a few late hits on McGuire and a 3rd man in smash on a winger who was held in the in-goal. Plenty of diving at knees of held players as well.
Bully-boy who got owned by Tariq Sims in the finals last year and by the Dragons pack on Thursday night.
Massively overhyped at this point in his career. Sam Burgess will tear him a new arsehole when Souths play Brisbane.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll have a million to throw at him when Foran goes but should we go for him or a good half? Will we have money for both from 2020 surely we do right?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Roosters will announce the signing of Pangai jr in the next couple of days.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/d05911f04b1e2d227ef2d23bcfc59ab1

CHOOKS MAKING PLAY FOR PANGAI
THE mail is getting stronger that Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jr is close to signing a deal at Sydney Roosters from 2020.
The Roosters will no doubt deny the story but we’re hearing the young enforcer could become one of the highest paid forwards in the game behind only Sam Burgess at Souths and Jason Taumalolo at the Cowboys.
The Roosters have the funds available from the retirement of champion halfback Cooper Cronk at the end of the season which will shut down the usual suggestions of creative accountancy with their salary cap.
There is no longer the need to chase a big-name playmaker because Luke Keary has proven he is a more than capable long-term replacement for Cronk. The Broncos want an answer from Pangai and his manager before May.

Classic Roosters...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
ideally we want broncos to throw a lot of money to keep him... hoping that they may have no luck in stopping us poaching some of their players. Staggs and Flegler would be nice.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ideally we want broncos to throw a lot of money to keep him... hoping that they may have no luck in stopping us poaching some of their players. Staggs and Flegler would be nice.
Oh Please.

Have you seen our sombrero. :grinning:

big-hat1.jpg

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People should burn NRL headquarters if this happens.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the nrl need to cap 3rd parties at a conservative level, they talk about having a level and fair competition, then the nrl must address the 3rd party issue

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What club with you rather sign with?

A club with a superstar roster, a premiership force and the current premiers, good coach, upmarket area with nice cafes etc

Or

A club with a bunch of nobodies sailing dead last with a nobody coach who doesn’t look like winning a premiership anytime soon and in an area with lebs walking around in trackpants eating kebabs
You're not limited to living in the area you play and train in when playing for a Sydney club.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"The Roosters have the funds available from..."

We hear this passage every fucking year.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather we target flegler.. the Broncos have a few off contract but I think ofehengau and tpj will ask for too much, where as you could pick the kid up for reasonable money in preparation for when the good players come off contract the following year.. if I was recruiting I'd be aiming to lure players across from clubs who are spending excessive money trying to hang onto someone.. but then next year we need to go hard for real stars.
From what I hear we are seriously looking at Ofahengaue for next year. No way Broncos can keep all those young forwards. The fact they re-signed Carrigan early might work in our favour

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ofahengue is a great young forward and should make Origin this year. He'd be a great signing for any club and would probably cost half of what TPJ would be asking.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned on here six months ago we should have been chasing him then but I spoke to his father Greg yesterday and the broncs won’t let him go now. I was lucky enough coach him and Jake Clifford in our u13 Tully tigers side and Fleg was not only an exceptional footballer he is also a very genuine,humble young man. I’m just Glad he’s Queenslander!!lol
Sounds like The Kennel has just done our recruitment team a huge favour.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree. His defensive "highlight reel" versus the Cowboys was primarily the tackle where JT's knee gave way, a few late hits on McGuire and a 3rd man in smash on a winger who was held in the in-goal. Plenty of diving at knees of held players as well.
Bully-boy who got owned by Tariq Sims in the finals last year and by the Dragons pack on Thursday night.
Massively overhyped at this point in his career. Sam Burgess will tear him a new arsehole when Souths play Brisbane.
That will be a clash worth watching.