Tevita Pangai Jr 2020

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion no prop is worth more than 700k a season.
If we paid overs to get him that would be the general consensus when we've got no money left for the spine. But people often forget about arguments they'll be making in other threads.

We need to be getting our squad balanced in the salary department. Spend big on spine, moderate money on outside backs and forwards who perform well enough if the smarts of the team can allow them to just carry out their jobs. Monster forward packs don't win as many games as they did since the obstruction rules changed. That's why Hasler is now seen as a dud. His gameplan was entirely based on that.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
"Hey Tevita, come play for us. Now, we can't offer you more money than Brisbane or Easts, thats being spent on paying two rep props to play for other clubs, but we can offer you a chance to play with the worst halves in the league, no hope of making the 8 and a genuine chance at a wooden spoon"

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"Hey Tevita, come play for us. Now, we can't offer you more money than Brisbane or Easts, thats being spent on paying two rep props to play for other clubs, but we can offer you a chance to play with the worst halves in the league, no hope of making the 8 and a genuine chance at a wooden spoon"
Oh, and we don't know who our coach will be next season, but sign anyway!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dragons shut him right down last night. Kid is a flat track bully.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather we target flegler.. the Broncos have a few off contract but I think ofehengau and tpj will ask for too much, where as you could pick the kid up for reasonable money in preparation for when the good players come off contract the following year.. if I was recruiting I'd be aiming to lure players across from clubs who are spending excessive money trying to hang onto someone.. but then next year we need to go hard for real stars.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dragons shut him right down last night. Kid is a flat track bully.
He did shut down Taumalolo and dominated a rep filled Cowboys pack last week as well.

But you're right, he got outplayed last night but he still made plenty of metres, almost scored and had three or four off loads.

There was talk he was believing his own hype and maybe he is. He's definitely not consistent enough yet but when it clicks, he could be anything.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He did shut down Taumalolo and dominated a rep filled Cowboys pack last week as well.

But you're right, he got outplayed last night but he still made plenty of metres, almost scored and had three or four off loads.

There was talk he was believing his own hype and maybe he is. He's definitely not consistent enough yet but when it clicks, he could be anything.
I agree with the last paragraph, I only watched bits and pieces but it seemed like he was rushing out to put a shot on.

His numbers were pretty good but he was the direct result of 2 trys because of his rushing.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather we target flegler.. the Broncos have a few off contract but I think ofehengau and tpj will ask for too much, where as you could pick the kid up for reasonable money in preparation for when the good players come off contract the following year.. if I was recruiting I'd be aiming to lure players across from clubs who are spending excessive money trying to hang onto someone.. but then next year we need to go hard for real stars.
fleg ran for 197 meters in 55mins against the cows on debut more than any other forward in that game including TPJ

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep throw in 73 post contact meters 14 tackles 14 hit ups it was a very impressive debut

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score

TPJ is a cat.

Yesterday along with last week, the flog was flying in 3rd man knee at the legs.

Last week the Broncos game plan was to injury Taumalolo and Mc Lean. The tackles made were absolute criminal.

He is a cat 1-1 and Sims shut him up last night

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
fleg ran for 197 meters in 55mins against the cows on debut more than any other forward in that game including TPJ
Fleg is one young player i would definitely be chasing. Very good prospect

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roosters vs broncos bidding war geez the 2 with no cap

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fleg is one young player i would definitely be chasing. Very good prospect
I mentioned on here six months ago we should have been chasing him then but I spoke to his father Greg yesterday and the broncs won’t let him go now. I was lucky enough coach him and Jake Clifford in our u13 Tully tigers side and Fleg was not only an exceptional footballer he is also a very genuine,humble young man. I’m just Glad he’s Queenslander!!lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Isn’t this the guy who rejected an approach from us recently?
I think that was Patrick Carrigan. Another one of their twenty top young forward prospects.