(Tele) : Reason why Barba is heading North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If this did happen, who told the players about it as there wasn't an official complaint.
like i said there must be a lot of truth which hasnt been revealed.... we dont even know who this punched woman is in the photo.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mate, if the bloody press and people on here have heard about it, theres no DOUBT in my mind the players would know about it..

Thats the bigger question that should be asked - how did the bloody people on here know about it?

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
If this did happen, who told the players about it as there wasn't an official complaint.
Article says it was over another man, maybe that man was a team mate????

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
firstly lets get one thing straight, that the bulldogs DID release the information, do we agree on that point?

read it again if you need to, notice the specified points that could only be made by the club to protect the club

so now if we agree that the bulldogs released it, then we can speculate as to why

to spite barba is my best guess, followed by to protect greenberg who is in the firing line according to the bry link
No we still dont agree that the club released it.

Knowing details that only the club and the people involved would know may indicate someone within the club leaked it, but i dont believe the club itself released it. It doesnt look good for the club that they didnt release it earlier, since we usually heard about it straight away, when other NRL players have done similar things in the past. It looks like a cover up. Not a good look for the club. Leading into the finals too, so a chance to destabilise the team.

It makes no sense at all for the club to want to release this info right now. It had to be either at the time it happened or maybe the offseason. You wouldnt release that, the week before the finals which we are part of. Also Ben was slated to play next week.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
go back and read his comments about other posters before wasting all this time typing up.

when he called Barba an honorable family man, doing it all for the kids and called people "immature" when clearly it was all a big BS.
You forget we're talking about events that occurred over 6 months ago.
Plenty of tears, phone calls and apologies that you're not taking into account before you sledge people for their opinions.

And when it comes to "doing it for the family" ... it's called 'redemption'.
It's a quality in people that appears when they feel a need to correct and overcome a wrong they've made.

saying " I feel sorry" is one thing but ridiculing other people because they dont buy Barbas BS is a bit " immature" in my eyes.
Your opinion.
Entitled to it.

But here's some free advice : Pray to God you never make a mistake in your life. The crushing weight of reality might be too much for you when you realise there are hundreds of others out there just like you, who think the way you do.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Article says it was over another man, maybe that man was a team mate????
i can confirm the other man was Rodzilla tbh

they were having a wonderful time until she says "btw do you read the kennel, there is a guy on there who is hilarious, hes called something zilla..... Rodzilla!"

and then he just clocked her right in the face, true story

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe because it didn't exist when this incident occurred
It started I think in July, yet they tell them NOW after he signs elsewhere.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Just stand him down again now so we can just concentrate on the finals and not this sh1t!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all suss. If the dogs did release this as a **** you to Barba, well that official deserves the sack. Now Greenberg and hasler look bad, as in why didn't the NRL know about this when it happened, and investigate it then. To release it now is plain dumb, and now we will have this investigation hanging over our head going into a finals series. Greenberg could also very well lose his job and his integrity now also. Then again it could be the DT spinning their usual shit, which I hope it is. Because honestly, if the club didn't sack him when they knew he hit a woman, well that's a massive kick in the guts for our fans and players. I feel sick to have been cheering him now.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
i can confirm the other man was Rodzilla tbh

they were having a wonderful time until she says "btw do you read the kennel, there is a guy on there who is hilarious, hes called something zilla..... Rodzilla!"

and then he just clocked her right in the face, true story
Exactly what me and my missus were having a fight about the other day.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
No we still dont agree that the club released it.

Knowing details that only the club and the people involved would know may indicate someone within the club leaked it, but i dont believe the club itself released it. It doesnt look good for the club that they didnt release it earlier, since we usually heard about it straight away, when other NRL players have done similar things in the past. It looks like a cover up. Not a good look for the club. Leading into the finals too, so a chance to destabilise the team.

It makes no sense at all for the club to want to release this info right now. It had to be either at the time it happened or maybe the offseason. You wouldnt release that, the week before the finals which we are part of. Also Ben was slated to play next week.
of course the club officially released it, who else could possibly do it? give me a list

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
of course the club officially released it, who else could possibly do it? give me a list
A disgruntled (about the Barba situation) person within the club, without it being the club itself (ie Castle) who wanted it released now.

Edit: If it was released by the club now sack Castle. Its a horrible move to wait all this time then release it a week before the finals, and right before he was slated to play again.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Re: Greenberg / Integrity unit investigation / Cover-up = We'll be cleared. Bring it on.

- We TOLD the girl to go the police.
- She refused.
- We suspended Ben.
- He agreed to terms of recovery.
- He broke them.

There is nothing more we can do, or could have done.
And it's a lot more than others would have been bothered doing.

Furthermore ...

- In a year when two players have killed themselves already (not counting the lad in the UK who survived driving into a tree), we have a "duty of care" to our contracted players regardless of what they've done. He IS on our watch, and under our roof. Rather than throwing him on a scrapheap, we're bending over (a) backwards to prevent making an already sad situation, even more tragic, and (b) minimising the backlash long-term.

trailie

Waterboy
Reaction score
I thought the Sunday Telegraph and virtually every other rag in this country are full of sensationalistic articles in which none of us believe? That's been the consensus on here for months, has it not? Some believe stories when it suits them, it seems. In saying that, I couldn't really give a stuff about Barba. I've said my piece earlier this week. Regardless of whether this story has legs or not, he's not fit to wear our jumper ever again and if he does, I'd be disappointed in the club.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea i agreee with where ur coming from. except your last part were u say he manouverd out of his contract. thats point im trying to make. if what this article is saying is true then barba had no choice but to leave and was shoppped around to brisbane by bulldogs. barba had no say in it (according to article) so if thats true then all that talk of him causing disharmoning by wanting out of contract is not his fault. if article is true then its not hard to believe that everything barba has said in the media is what bulldogs have told him to say to save face of the bulldogs club as well as saving barba image.

just somthing to think about you can hate him for being a woman basher. if true i certaintly lost respect for him. but maybe you cant hate him any more for wanting out of his contract if he was just doing what the bulldogs have told him to.

and i guess i can agree with skippy point maybe barba wasnt doing it for bulldogs but to save his own image wich is very possible. but fact still stand if article is true then barba in fact never wanted to leave bulldogs he was forced out by his issues.
Previous to this article a lot of ppl thought that he was using family as an excuse to get out if his contract with us and sign with another club that would give him an upgrade. Obviously it's difficult to know what the real facts are.
Even if the club wanted to get rid of him and Barba didn't really want to leave at the end of this saga the fault lies with Barba and his antics earlier this year for forcing out hand. We have no option but to release him.

In my opinion the only point that bothers me is how one player has disrupted our season

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
A disgruntled (about the Barba situation) person within the club, without it being the club itself (ie Castle) who wanted it released now.
it must be someone high up on the food chain who has the pictures etc

halpo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maybe she was the one moving in and the other man ​involved was ,HIS boyfriend ,I need another drink, Happy Fathers Day Boys

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
it must be someone high up on the food chain who has the pictures etc
maybe. And we still dont know if the picture is genuine even if the story is. As i add in an edit in my last post, if the club did release it you would have to sack Castle. It would be a ridiculous decision to release it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.