(Tele) : Reason why Barba is heading North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You forget we're talking about events that occurred over 6 months ago.
Plenty of tears, phone calls and apologies that you're not taking into account before you sledge people for their opinions.

Wrong, again if you go back and read his posts he was the one belittling other people for their opinions on not buying Barba's reasoning to leave the club.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like a going away present from the Bulldogs.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Wrong, again if you go back and read his posts he was the one belittling other people for their opinions on not buying Barba's reasoning to leave the club.
Judging by how bad you've comprehended my last two posts, I think it's safe to assume you've taken one sentence from a whole series of points he was trying to make, and ran with it ...

So you can choose what happens next.

Do we ...
(a) have you go back and find me quotes to prove your point.
(b) end it here, agree to disagree, and go back to life without Ben.
(c) dance around some more bushes ?

I dont mind either way ... chances are we wont remember any of this chat in two weeks.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Whether its 100% true or not, one thing for sure is it makes it near impossible for Barba to start for us again. It was already going to be awkward after whats happened since he played last, but now i cant see how he will be useful to us, the abuse he will cop from some of the dogs fans and the opposition players would have to make him less than his best.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if this is true, and its looking more likely it is, I would be very dirty on the club and our officials for
1 hiding what really happened.
2 covering up what happened
3 for the club being just as deceitful towards the bulldogs fans as much as barba has for the past 6 months.
4 for not taking stronger action
so all the innuendo and player revolt towards barba has from day 1 been on the money, if that's the case then the club has stuffed up by putting 1 player before the well being of the whole team
barba should be no different to any other person in the team, I bet one of the lesser stars wouldn't have been pampered like they did to barba, and he still slaps the club in the face and wants out.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought the Sunday Telegraph and virtually every other rag in this country are full of sensationalistic articles in which none of us believe? That's been the consensus on here for months, has it not? Some believe stories when it suits them, it seems. In saying that, I couldn't really give a stuff about Barba. I've said my piece earlier this week. Regardless of whether this story has legs or not, he's not fit to wear our jumper ever again and if he does, I'd be disappointed in the club.
The article was written by James phelps, the only tele reporter I respect. He has a soft spot for the dogs, he never has a bad thing to say and would definitely have insiders at the club due to his brothers relationship.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Greenberg / Integrity unit investigation / Cover-up = We'll be cleared. Bring it on.

- We TOLD the girl to go the police.
- She refused.
- We suspended Ben.
- He agreed to terms of recovery.
- He broke them.

There is nothing more we can do, or could have done.
And it's a lot more than others would have been bothered doing.

Furthermore ...

- In a year when two players have killed themselves already (not counting the lad in the UK who survived driving into a tree), we have a "duty of care" to our contracted players regardless of what they've done. He IS on our watch, and under our roof. Rather than throwing him on a scrapheap, we're bending over (a) backwards to prevent making an already sad situation, even more tragic, and (b) minimising the backlash long-term.
Fair enough the club offered to go to police etc, however the NRL should still have been informed and us supporters should have been told. The investigation should not be taking place now, it should have been done at the start of the year as now it's a massive distraction. Duty of care, what about the duty of care to the young lady that he allegedly hit. This does not look good for either Barba or the club, which makes me think the club did not leak this.

trailie

Waterboy
Reaction score
The article was written by James phelps, the only tele reporter I respect. He has a soft spot for the dogs, he never has a bad thing to say and would definitely have insiders at the club due to his brothers relationship.
Fair point. Far more likely to believe him than a flea infested being such as Josh Massoud.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm very interested to hear from The Greatest about this. I am not saying he leaked this information but he said in another thread he would leak the barba story to the news papers. If this is a true story (regardless of who leaked it than), did you know about this The Greatest all season? or is your barba story different?

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm very interested to hear from The Greatest about this. I am not saying he leaked this information but he said in another thread he would leak the barba story to the news papers. If this is a true story (regardless of who leaked it than), did you know about this The Greatest all season? or is your barba story different?
I wouldn't think that TG leaked this. But the Barba story is the same. As more info comes as the uglier this will get.

Its harsh to blame the dogs as they genuinely tried to help Ben who chose his own destiny

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't think that TG leaked this. But the Barba story is the same. As more info comes as the uglier this will get.

Its harsh to blame the dogs as they genuinely tried to help Ben who chose his own destiny
Yeah it certainly does seem like we tried to help him. Do you think this will have implications for Todd greenberg though or did he disclose this information to the NRL when it happened?

*Edit :

I guess what im getting at is someone covered it up, either we did or the nrl has.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its easy to blame the dogs specifically for trying to help barba, they went too far to protect the prized asset, including denying it being a police matter

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Fair enough the club offered to go to police etc, however the NRL should still have been informed and us supporters should have been told. The investigation should not be taking place now, it should have been done at the start of the year as now it's a massive distraction.
Informing supporters and NRL is a 'grey area' in March. And I dont think it would have mattered much either way, whether we told them now, or earlier, it would have been an all year distraction.

Duty of care, what about the duty of care to the young lady that he allegedly hit. This does not look good for either Barba or the club, which makes me think the club did not leak this.
Duty if Care = Club employees contracted to work for us.
Moral Obligation = What you're talking about with the girl in this situation.

Our club has a rich history of using media leaks to get opinions to go one way or another. We saw it during '02. We saw it during board re-elections. we employ it when it suits us. The problem here is "some" board folks think they have a right to leak what they want when it suits them, when times it's best sometimes to just 'shoosh up a little'.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Can i ask why we had to release him? And we choose Brisbane because of there program, please everyone knows in Brisbane the broncos players get away with so much and it's swept under the carpet

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't care who released the information to the media. That grub Barba deserves all the negative publicity he can get. I feel no sympathy for him.I'm hoping more dirt is released.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
FMD, the way some of you on here carry on, you'd think the club needs to tell the NRL each and every time any of our players took a shit and left skidmarks in the bowl. Its not up to the club to report this to the police, as stated in the story, what ****ing more do you people want. JUST SUPPORT OUR CLUB and be thankful that little **** is gone.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can i ask why we had to release him? And we choose Brisbane because of there program, please everyone knows in Brisbane the broncos players get away with so much and it's swept under the carpet
Hes loss the support of the wider team it seems (according to this article).

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Hes loss the support of the wider team it seems (according to this article).
Exactly, and why should they support him, most if not all have a missus and family, we're not some bachelor transit lounge like the Rooster or Bunnies. Our guys would have a hard time letting themselves feel sorry for an alleged women beater.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is my concern aswell. Todd spun it into a sympathetic story at the start of the year, and now he has signed somewhere else, the real story starts coming out.

Pretty grubby really, you either have a conviction on violence against woman or you dont. You can't bring it out when it suits. Ie.e now that barba has left.

Makes the club and in particular Todd, look deceitful.

Im more pissed off now, and we all know this is only the surface of the story.
TG repeatedly said "BB still has two years of contract with us so we don't really want him to go but family first bla blah.." From day one I had not believed this story.

Wouldn't say TG and co are deceitful bunch, things have to be professional and dealt with discreetly. I think the Club has done best they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.